Baggies etc

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately, my car is gonna need a lot of work soon, so may have to sell some bits to ease the pain :( Just wondering what the going rates are for the following:

Biker Scout, sealed in Taiwan Kenner baggie

Emperor, sealed in HK baggie (original tape seal)

Probe Droid, sealed in baggie.

Nien Nunb, baggie sealed in mail away box.

I have had the Scout and Emperor for 20 years.

lejackal

Grand Master
Cazza said:
Unfortunately, my car is gonna need a lot of work soon, so may have to sell some bits to ease the pain :( Just wondering what the going rates are for the following:

Biker Scout, sealed in Taiwan Kenner baggie - £30-45

Emperor, sealed in HK baggie (original tape seal)- £15-20

Probe Droid, sealed in baggie. £60-90??? - could be way out on this one

Nien Nunb, baggie sealed in mail away box. £40-50

I have had the Scout and Emperor for 20 years.

Fairly certain on these based on recent auctions and completed sales apart from the probe droid, as I'm sure you know I dare say Frank would know to the penny.

Good luck with the sales

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Biker Scout, sealed in Taiwan Kenner baggie 40 to 50

Emperor, sealed in HK baggie (original tape seal) 12 to 20

Probe Droid, sealed in baggie. 50 to 80 - condition dependant, FYI I sold one for 50 a month or so back

Nien Nunb, baggie sealed in mail away box. 50

BTW hope you get the car sorted without needing to part with stuff, transport = big black hole for throwing cash into init, got one of mine at the garage, needs a head skim & gasket & valve stem seals doing, dreading the bill :|

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks guys, really don't want to sell these at all, but looks likely at the mo :(

Frank, you're not wrong about cars. Almost impossible to budget for :(

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Go for Jap made to minimise on repairs as they are built to last & over engineered, when they do go wrong the parts cost more, but they don't go wrong often, hell the one in the garage, I paid 650 for & got well over 60,000 out of before it needed anything major.

I hate to say it being half German myself, but the european cars have gone right downhill in a big way :| 30 years back I'd have said go for a merc or a V'dub, but both brands are nowhere near what they were, even the same with beaners & audie's

I have an old 90's honda civic & it's so reliable, well I have 2 as I just got the VTI on the road at long last, she's thirsty though, but goes like **** off a stick

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yup, know what you're saying! Had several Hondas and not a lot went wrong with any of them. As you say, parts are pricey, but you don't need them often. What VTI do you have? I had a cracking EG6 1.6 Civic VTI a few years ago, followed by an MB6 1.8 Civc VTI-S, then a Prelude 2.2 VTI Motegi Ltd Ed. All great, fast and reliable, but I always find I want to return to VW/Audi for some reason...

I absolutely love my car- 2002 MK1 Audi S3. Been remapped and has a couple of other little mods that make it an amazing drive. The alternator and rear discs need doing ASAP, but most worringly, it's developed an erratic metallic ticking that needs proper investigation. Problem is, I'd need to sort all these if I was to sell anyway, so I may as well keep it. I know the history and it's had recent clutch and cambelt.

Wish we could afford to buy something new/nearly new. Bloody cars! :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Got a civic aerodeck MB6 VTI myself, also got the baby brother 1.5 VTEC which is the one needing some TLC, can't fault them TBH, they could be a bit better on fuel consumption, but bar that I'd not swap them for anything else, need to get me a P28 ECU though for the MB6 so I can get the best out of remapping it, but they are like gold plated hens teeth, but I will find one eventually, got real lucky & bought the 1.8 for less than the cost of an engine & box, so a win win, it's in a right one off colour as well which is a bonus, never seen one in Dakota Bronze before, nor have any of the Honda guys I've spoken to, sort of a burned bronze colour.

Why not go for another MB6, you can pick them up pretty cheap now fully modded & spend what you would have to on a newer motor making it just the way you want & still most likely have a few K change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom