At-At Legs

beebop alula

Youngling
Can someone please advise me about the following;

Picked up a Vintage At-At quite cheap and when I received it yesterday the guy has shipped it with the legs separate from the body.
Now although the body will quite happily rest on top of the legs I'm unsure about how to properly fit them so they are fixed in place. I 'think' it looks like a case of forcing them in so that the plastic tabs snap into a small gap, but reluctant to do this in case I'm wrong. Just wondering for example if there's something missing from the legs sockets and they should slide into place quite easily?

About 14 seconds into this video (cheers Caswellbot), it shows the legs being fitted in the factory but I'm sure in this case it would take more force than the woman appears to use in the video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXVXLrwRJ40&feature=related

Cheers

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm pretty sure you just give them a firm push - guess you have to be a bit careful with 30 year old plastic though.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Should be fitted so that the leg bends backward not forwards. The legs must also be to correct way around (Ie the middle foot prong faces outwards) Then all they need is a relatively firm push. If you have to really force it then something is wrong.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Chris.

beebop alula

Youngling
DarthStanley said:
Have a look at the bottom of the first page mate! :D

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5770&p=85631#p85631

Thanks for that (and the PM).
I'll give it another go tonight and report back tomorrow.

poncho

Grand Master
ive bought 2 atats of ebay and the legs came seperate. i just gave them a firm push and it was fine. incidentally if you do break them i have some spare :wink:

ODB

Jedi Master
When you click them in just watch out that you don't break the wheel inside the leg thats attached to main mounting as it means the leg will no longer hold its position.

Anyone have a spare leg?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
ODB said:
When you click them in just watch out that you don't break the wheel inside the leg thats attached to main mounting as it means the leg will no longer hold its position.

Anyone have a spare leg?

I have a third leg, but can't spare it. Sorry. :lol:

beebop alula

Youngling
Thanks again for everyone's advice, all sorted now.

Gave them a firm push and all snapped in perfectly without any damage. :D

Now the usual problem of sourcing some chin guns....!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom