Anyone win a item at vectis that they thought they hadn't ?

JFK

Jedi Master
Just putting this out there ,but I put a bid on 7 lots and won 2 only to find out afterwards Ide won 4 ? Anyway I couldn't help thinking that vectis could quite possibly bid up reserve bids ,I told them I only wanted the 2 lots I know I had won ,and was told they were running new software and there was a glitch on the computers and at some point during the auction changed back to the old software ! I was told there was nothing dodgy going on with the bidding process ? But I can't help feeling that I still could have been pushed up on the 2 lots I won ,I was just wondering if anyone on here had thought they had lost on a bid only to find out they won ?

Richard_H

Grand Master
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25056

I asked them this question when I was there. I assure you there was nothing shady going on.

JFK

Jedi Master
I was in there office today and I can defo say that buisness is brisk ,they had a army of workers in there today but 8 months ago I saw about 4 and one of them was cathy ! Lol ,seriously though that costs money the extra workforce ,I know I have my own buisness ,and that takes money so what I'm saying is although the people who work there are great ,you would never realy know what the big cheese is doing ,know ones going to say different are they to the buyers ? Im probably over thinking this ,you get that way as you approach 45 :D

maxf

Jedi Master
I'd be hugely surprised if they were pushing bids up - it doesn't make any business sense. They get 20% of the bid, so pushing it by a few bids doesn't net them much at all - and the loss of business if it all came out would be huge.

I bet it's just winning bidders not paying.

JFK

Jedi Master
The main objective in any buisness is to make MONEY ! There is no such thing as good buisness sence when your flying ,take a look at tesco ,every buisness model is like this ,unless your a small buisness in Albert square ! Lol ,but I was told personely by vectis there was a error during the auction with the software and they switched to old system ,it's a strange exscuse when you have to consider ,there are a few winners who paide more than they should ,like playing chess against a computer ,we will truely never know but it's one to ponder on ?

wrighty

Sith Lord
I had similar suspicion after winning a few items recently. Would be be transparent review a bid history, keep the bidder anonymous, a bit like eBay?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Based on the circumstances, I would think you're well within your rights to ask for a proper explanation of what happened with your bids before you commit to finalising the deal, rather than the vague "software glitch" explanation you've had.

As a minimum they should be able to show you how the bids went, it's all on a computer system after all. It must be accessible.

You really need to be seeing what the bidder behind yours actually bid so you know that yours wasn't artificially inflated by whatever happened with the software.

As we all know now, Vectis are very helpful so it shouldn't be an issue 8)

JFK

Jedi Master
They are very helpfull and are good people ,I was happy with what I won ,it's just when you take a moment and think about it ,your mind goes riot ! But I don't want to go all Columbo on them , that would be a waste of my life ,and saying that I'm greatfull because I've sold a few pieces there and made a few quid ,hey -I've even sold a piece outside there !! I just realy wondered if there was others who were surprised they had won ,I'm personely not bothered I'll be buying from them still ,I'm happy they are a great lot ,regardless of there corrupt computer !!! :D :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom