anyone been to this place in walthamstow?

stormcab

Sith Lord
A place that will only survive by making a profit, this isn't going to be the place for us real collectors, it'll rely on passing traffic going "oh wow, I haven't seen these for years"

lejackal

Grand Master
stormcab said:
A place that will only survive by making a profit, this isn't going to be the place for us real collectors, it'll rely on passing traffic going "oh wow, I haven't seen these for years"
I think this pretty much nails it for most shops selling vintage, especially in the smoke although the shop I go to in Leicester from time to time normally has pretty normal prices, not cheap but you don't feel like your being had over and the owner (a) has time for you and (b) knows his stuff

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
stormcab said:
I think this pretty much nails it for most shops selling vintage, especially in the smoke although the shop I go to in Leicester from time to time normally has pretty normal prices, not cheap but you don't feel like your being had over and the owner (a) has time for you and (b) knows his stuff

There's a little shop in Leek that sounds the same. Some stuff is OTT but on the whole it's fairly sensible and he's a nice chap. Just watch out for repro weapons which he doesn't have a clue about. Last time I was there I picked up a couple of loose figures, a couple of comics and passed up on a Denys Fisher C-3PO in his box which was just a touch too tired for the very reasonable £70 ask price.

Your biggest challenge will be finding him open! Think he runs it as a hobby and opens about 3 days a week. He does have a website with opening days and times though: http://www.classic-collectables.co.uk

dianoga77

Padawan
Yes i know this little shop, its in wood street walthamstow its part of an indoor market been there years although when i first used to visit it was a buzzing little community early mid 90s , then it was owned by a guy called jeff who now sells vintage records and other 60s memorabilia. I used to have a little look in that shop and there was some vintage star wars floating around plus corgi and dinky all TV related stuff 8) i did visit a few yrs back but the guy had all the usual vintage star wars items mainly loose and played with boxed .

Attachments

• wood-street3.jpg
    wood-street3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 357
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom