A HUGE thanks to Blackbeard - re baggie guide(s)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I just do not have the suitable words to express my thanks to the new forum ownership & Blackbeard in helping us to finally leave photobucket & their thievery behind us.

Thank's to his support & dedication to the forum we are now totally 3rd party hosing free for the images on all 3 of the baggies guides (links below in case you want to check them out).

All the links have remained in their place & no need of 100's of wasted hours in rewrites for them all & everything seems to be in place exactly the same way it has been since work started on the guides.

It has been an long & frustrating journey trying to keep the guides in place for everyones use what with photobucket holding everyones images at ransom, lukily AFA kindly offered to pick up the yearly hosting costs (& did so for the last 2 years), but I have never been happy in giving photobucket one red cent be it my own personal funds or not, am delighted to be able to inform you all the images are now hosted directly on the forums servers thanks to some great work by Blackbeard, the image capasity & text capasity is also expanded so I will be able to continue to now add more fresh images & information to the guides without fear of loosing any of the work, this is more of a relief than I could have dreamt for.

Thank you so so much I will be eternaly greatful !

The new format also allows images to show on edits making that job 100 times easier rather than straring our eye's though all thelines of text & links

Vernon

Jedi Knight
I will go 1st and say a great big thank you. 👍🏼 Currently only have 1 baggie in my collection and don't really know much about them so the info held here is priceless for a novice like me.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
A massive Thank you from me also, these baggie guides are a major asset to anyone collecting baggies, and superb detailed reference guide, that allows collectors to check, reference, and be protected when looking to add to collection, the work Frank put into these guides and continued work throughout the PB debacle is something we on this forum and the wider collecting arena Should be extremely grateful for.
superb news that you have been able to work with the new ownership to protect the guides and secure the guides for the future

fantastic news…massive thank you from me 😃

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Great news, Thank you Frank for dedicating your time to supporting collectors with this comprehensive guide. Great job!, The work you have put in is massively appreciated for us novices.
I only have one baggie in my collection which is Salacious Crumb (does he count?:p).

Gadders

Padawan
Massive thanks to Blackbeard and Frunkstar for all the work thats gone into both creating and maintaining the guides, as well as the work to get the technical stuff working.
Its a very valuabel resource, so really appreciate everyones efforts.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Fantastic news, great work guys. I also left photobucket and it was not easy to do it. Now all the pictures is on the forum. I think that is better :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry only just saw this Frank, great news and thanks to Blackbeard for fixing, these guides are the number one for baggies on the internet so a great reason for people to visit the forum.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Frank - thank you for your patience - and yes I'm thrilled we could make things easier for the transition. I know we went back and forth at the beginning , but I do believe we are on the upswing to continue growing the site with this being among some of the first steps.

Love these guides and glad we got things straightened out.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Great work Blackbeard. It's clear you're putting a lot of time and effort into the forum and when that delivers in ways like this it's fantastic and very much appreciated.

Frank... I didn't realise the AFA used your guide but it makes perfect sense. It's great it to see it take such a big leap forward and I'm looking forward to browsing through it again. Again, your research and generosity are appreciated!

Last edited:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Oh, that's such excellent news! Thanks Blackbeard and Frank too. This is really in contrast to Sydswan's What's in the box threads on RS which became totally defunct after a forum update. Proud to be a member on here!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom