20th Anniversary of 9/11

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Post any memories you have of 9/11. My uncle lived opposite The World Trade Centre. Thankfully it turned out he was out of town when it happened, but we didn't know that on the day.

The first photo is me at the top of the WTC in 1996, and the second is the view of Ground Zero from his balcony when I visited again 18 months after the attacks. Having been so awe-struck by New York and the twin towers when we first visited, I had to go back to see what the area looked like after.

20 years later I still think the events of that day are the most horrific scenes ever captured on camera. I can only imagine what the view would have been like from his apartment had he been there.

Edd_14_2.jpg
DCP_136.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
I was working in a cinema at the time, we had the news on one of the monitors in the lobby. It was incredibly surreal, and originally thought to be a horrific accident. It actually led to them having to reshoot some of the Spiderman movie that was due out near the time as one scene had him catching a helicopter in a web between the towers. We had to return trailers and posters and destroy the standees.
such a catastrophic and sad event that still has global repercussions to this day.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I was at school, remember the head master announcing it. A guy I was friends with was stuck there for a couple more weeks. So sad may they all R.I.P.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I was on the phone with another firefighter just having a chat and he suddenly said go switch on your TV.
We stayed on the phone but sitting in silence watching it. When the 1st tower collapsed we knew it would be full of rescuers.

grinchy

Sith Lord
I was at a friends house, his dad came in and put the tv on, we watched in silence as it happened, such a horrible day, so many innocents lost, 20 years geesh feels like yesterday

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Such a tragic day, I was at catering college and remember one of the tutors rushing into tell us. 20 years is a long time, but this day is still very vivid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom