spoons

Grand Master
Been after one of these for a long time - looking forward to seeing photos

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
These are lovely sets, when you see them, this is fhe best of the three, IMO.
Looking forward to seeing if any crop up, some lucky member must have one?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
These are lovely sets, when you see them, this is fhe best of the three, IMO.
Looking forward to seeing if any crop up, some lucky member must have one?

I agree, the best of the three sets is this set :wink: I have one, but I will first have time to take pictures tuesday :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Hi andy, I hope you find one for your great collection :wink:

thanks Lars, I used to pass on these when they were £40 thinking that was too much for three common figures and a box. How times change :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

thanks Lars, I used to pass on these when they were £40 thinking that was too much for three common figures and a box. How times change :lol:
:eek: :lol:

How times change indeed

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

I agree prices is crazy today and have been for many many years. I bought mine nearly 10 years ago and paid about $200, but I wish I had bought it for £40 :lol: I remember I was looking for it in maybe 5 years, but most of them I lost on auction or the boxes was damaged so much so I did not want them :( most of the time when I saw one for sale, the price sticker was removed from the box and there was damage after that :(

Look at the price today :shock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-POTF-Star-Wars-Hoth-Rescue-Paypack-Complete-amp-Great-Condition-/202343900304?hash=item2f1ca2e490%3Ag%3AQ-EAAOSwoj9bJqxS&nma=true&si=G8OqwXdzUEJwH1GuMa7ebX3FyEg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have also used to pass on many star wars items in the good old cheap days because I think I would find another one cheaper :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Look at the price today :shock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-POTF-Star-Wars-Hoth-Rescue-Paypack-Complete-amp-Great-Condition-/202343900304?hash=item2f1ca2e490%3Ag%3AQ-EAAOSwoj9bJqxS&nma=true&si=G8OqwXdzUEJwH1GuMa7ebX3FyEg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and no insert tray or baggies :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:

and no insert tray or baggies :shock:

Crazy, I guess we can only guess what one would cost with baggies and insert :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok here are my set. Bought it nearly 10 years ago. I can't confirm if the bags are original, the tape is yellow on the bags and they are open :?

The Wampa is still sealed and the tape is old and yellow but again I can't confirm if it is original.

Some say there should have been writen hong kong or something like that on the bags :?

The bags for the saddle and reins have nice white tape and this bags are diffrent from the others, I don't think they are original. But I have never opened them.

P1170487.JPG

P1170488.JPG

P1170490.JPG

P1170491.JPG

P1170492.JPG

P1170493.JPG

P1170494.JPG

P1170495.JPG

P1170496.JPG

P1170497.JPG

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:

I agree prices is crazy today and have been for many many years. I bought mine nearly 10 years ago and paid about $200, but I wish I had bought it for £40 :lol: I remember I was looking for it in maybe 5 years, but most of them I lost on auction or the boxes was damaged so much so I did not want them :( most of the time when I saw one for sale, the price sticker was removed from the box and there was damage after that :(

I have also used to pass on many star wars items in the good old cheap days because I think I would find another one cheaper :lol:

I'd still be ok with $200. One just sold, a sealed one though, for £830 and it had sticker damage to the box.

Chris

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Ok here are my set. Bought it nearly 10 years ago. I can't confirm if the bags are original, the tape is yellow on the bags and they are open :?

The Wampa is still sealed and the tape is old and yellow but again I can't confirm if it is original.

Some say there should have been writen hong kong or something like that on the bags :?

The bags for the saddle and reins have nice white tape and this bags are diffrent from the others, I don't think they are original. But I have never opened them.
Well done Lars! I couldn't help with this one as it's not something I collect and hence I don't have one to share with the forum, but your example looks great! It's not every collection that has one of these in it, so congratulations on having one in yours :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

I'd still be ok with $200. One just sold, a sealed one though, for £830 and it had sticker damage to the box.

Chris

Hi chris, wow £830, any link to the sale ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Well done Lars! I couldn't help with this one as it's not something I collect and hence I don't have one to share with the forum, but your example looks great! It's not every collection that has one of these in it, so congratulations on having one in yours :)

Thanks mate for the kind words :D It is not perfect but good enough for me :lol: I agree I do not see many of them so not every collection have one :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice one Lars, and congratulations on owning a very difficult to get hold of box set.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Nice one Lars, and congratulations on owning a very difficult to get hold of box set.

Thanks for the really nice words as always :D Yes a difficult set to get hold on even 10 years ago, I am still surprised that it took me about 5 years before I won one with so little damage on the box and complete with insert and instruction, but maybe I did not bid enough the other times :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom