SWTOTW, Week 36, 2018, Part 2/2 FX-7 (Medical Droid)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Nice, some great cardbacks and figures that you have and only one is missing the arm

Thanks, you know how I like them. The more broken the better. :lol: that fx7 also has the head pop off. :)

Head pop off :shock: never seen that before with fx-7 :shock:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
Here's my childhood loose example, unfortunately not the childhood card back. Picked that up last year, it's in better condition than the childhood one would have been. :D

image.jpg

It looks great, was your childhood card back also a tri-logo ? thanks mate for sharing the pictures :D

I would have shared my fx-7 collection yesterday, but I could not find all the figures :roll: so I have to look again today for the figures that I could not find :lol: My star wars collection is still a mess after all the constructors I have had in my home this summer :roll:

I'm pretty sure my childhood card was a Trilogo for FX-7 but can't be sure. When I start thinking about it I wander if it came in a Woolworths 8 pack, which would explain why I don't have the card back. But then I can't find my childhood trilogo card backs for Amanaman or Yakface and I definetly had them in the 90's. :roll:

Yeah I feel your pain not being able to find stuff thats packed away, annoying.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
Here's my childhood loose example, unfortunately not the childhood card back. Picked that up last year, it's in better condition than the childhood one would have been. :D

image.jpg

It looks great, was your childhood card back also a tri-logo ? thanks mate for sharing the pictures :D

I would have shared my fx-7 collection yesterday, but I could not find all the figures :roll: so I have to look again today for the figures that I could not find :lol: My star wars collection is still a mess after all the constructors I have had in my home this summer :roll:

I'm pretty sure my childhood card was a Trilogo for FX-7 but can't be sure. When I start thinking about it I wander if it came in a Woolworths 8 pack, which would explain why I don't have the card back. But then I can't find my childhood trilogo card backs for Amanaman or Yakface and I definetly had them in the 90's. :roll:

Yeah I feel your pain not being able to find stuff thats packed away, annoying.

8 pack, wow cool, sorry to read you can't find your childhood cards :( I hope you find them :wink:

Yes very annoying that I can't find my stuff, I packed it all down when I had constructors in my home. But I am working with getting them out again from cases, boxes, closets etc. etc. :lol: I finally found the last figure so I will share my collection now :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Head pop off :shock: never seen that before with fx-7 :shock:

It's a variant I found that only happens on a figure that's missing its arm and was played with hard. :lol:

Cool, I have never heard about that variant before :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Taffius said:
Pomse2001 said:
Taffius said:
Heres my sole example. :cry:

It looks nice, thanks mate for sharing a picture of it. You write sole example, sounds like you want to have more ? :?

No thanks - Jawas all the way now. I'm a converted hootinee. :D

:lol: Ok so now it is jawas, then I guess you can't wait for the jawa thread :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ok I finally found my fx-7 collection so here it is :D

12 fx-7 variants and 1 production error :D

P1170461.JPG

P1170460.JPG

P1170459.JPG

My tri-logo moc

P1170476.jpg

my 2 tri-logo cardbacks with danish stickers on them

P1170474.JPG

P1170475.JPG

Palitoy 30 back

P1170462.JPG

P1170463.JPG

Kenner 31 back

P1170464.JPG

P1170465.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
It's another terrific collection of variants and cardbacks from you, Lars!

Thanks as always for sharing :)

Thanks for the always so kind words from you :D

Do I have the same palitoy 30 back that you have ? or is yours different ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Hi Lars,

No, you have the earlier 30A cardback with the smaller Palitoy logo on the front of the card, whereas mine is the later 30B cardback with the larger logo.

For anyone that doesn't know, other differences between the Palitoy 30A and 30B cards include a small 'TM' at the bottom right-hand corner of the 'k' in 'The Empire Strikes Back' on the card front of the 30A, which is missing from the 30B. Also, the 'Ages 4 and over' text at the top right of the card front differs between the two cards, and on the back of the cards, the 30A is missing the 'Made in Hong Kong' text at the bottom right.

For anyone interested in learning more about Palitoy cards, I recommend Mr Palitoy's excellent website http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/.

Lastly, here is the back of my FX-7 card to compare with yours:

Special FX - 06.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Hi Lars,

No, you have the earlier 30A cardback with the smaller Palitoy logo on the front of the card, whereas mine is the later 30B cardback with the larger logo.

For anyone that doesn't know, other differences between the Palitoy 30A and 30B cards include a small 'TM' at the bottom right-hand corner of the 'k' in 'The Empire Strikes Back' on the card front of the 30A, which is missing from the 30B. Also, the 'Ages 4 and over' text at the top right of the card front differs between the two cards, and on the back of the cards, the 30A is missing the 'Made in Hong Kong' text at the bottom right.

For anyone interested in learning more about Palitoy cards, I recommend Mr Palitoy's excellent website http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/.

Lastly, here is the back of my FX-7 card to compare with yours:

Special FX - 06.jpg

Nice thanks for all the great info and the picture, I did not know that :shock: :D So much still to learn after so many years collecting :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Here's mine, typical bubble creases but other than not a bad card.
Strange card back picture on this one do you not think?
Never saw FX7 floating in space! :lol:

Mini99 said:
Clarkspie&chips said:
Here's my trilogo

DSC05852.JPG
Lovely TL, with a great bubble.
Again a strange piece of card art, I wonder why they felt the need to flip the picture?

Sorry, I meant to comment on this last week! Yes, I completely agree, that floating in space picture is a truly bizarre choice by Kenner! Perhaps they thought it made the droid look more dramatic and appealing to kids if it had a 'space-y' background! Maybe it was partly due to the full figure never being seen clearly on screen in TESB (not that that stopped them with some other card image choices - Cloud Car Pilot and AT-ST Driver, anyone? :lol: ). Either way, it makes for a really strange and unique image... but as for flipping the picture for the T-L... Who on earth knows?!!! :lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Bit late to this one! Wow, some brilliant medical droids! 8)

Here's my twin stem Palitoy 45-bk. Bought in around 1995 for £30. Don't see many around!
20180916_095505.jpg

Taffius

Sith Lord
Cazza said:

Here's my twin stem Palitoy 45-bk. Bought in around 1995 for £30. Don't see many around!
20180916_095505.jpg

Thats a nice example Cazza.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Taffius said:
Cazza said:

20180916_095505.jpg

Thats a nice example Cazza.
I'll second that, stunning!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom