Cardback restoration

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thats a great job you've done with those Lee, you can't even tell and I love that you've bought them back to their original glory!

Now you just have to put some figures in them and job done :D

Ian

Jez

Sith Lord
You boys have done great work there. This is becoming more and more acceptable. Like so many other things that are becoming more and more acceptable, there will be lots of people scratching their heads saying "we should have done this ages ago!"
Nice one.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Things in life are always acceptable if genuine people do things that make them happy. Like all things in life, if you are true to yourself, and the things you do are honest, feelgood, and are done for what makes you smile, it shows character, individuality and fulfilment. If you don't follow the crowd or be pressured by convention you are you, can't be any better than that.
Do the things that make you happy, share with others and smile, don't worry about fitting in.

Restoring vintage for you and what makes you happy is a win win all day long

Great work mate love seeing these pieces coming back to life, in their
vintage glory. Doff my cap to you mate :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Things in life are always acceptable if genuine people do things that make them happy. Like all things in life, if you are true to yourself, and the things you do are honest, feelgood, and are done for what makes you smile, it shows character, individuality and fulfilment. If you don't follow the crowd or be pressured by convention you are you, can't be any better than that.
Do the things that make you happy, share with others and smile, don't worry about fitting in.

Restoring vintage for you and what makes you happy is a win win all day long

Great work mate love seeing these pieces coming back to life, in their
vintage glory. Doff my cap to you mate :)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said...better than I could have said it!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
Great work gents, can't wait to see some more :D

This is an old picture of mine but I mounted these two seal polity 12 back cut cards to their card backs. It took me ages trying to find the right card back with very little damage so that I could mount these but it's the closest I have now to owning a sealed moc of them and they were both polity 12 back cut cards so everything's as it should be.

I'll take some better pictures at some point with my other reseals.

Ian

Wow I have never seen reseals like that they are as good as sealed ones.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Bumping this up.

Cloud car pilot now complete. I dont think ive ever had so much satisfaction and enjoyme t in the hobby for a long time.

Attachments

• 20181027_181606.jpg
    20181027_181606.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,777

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
Bumping this up.

Cloud car pilot now complete. I dont think ive ever had so much satisfaction and enjoyme t in the hobby for a long time.
Just stunning Lee, and I'm pleased that your enjoying the hobby again.
Keep em comming!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The restoration of pieces in this way for me is breathing life back into components and bringing vintage back to life, has to be a good thing.
The further we go in time the more we need to keep vintage components going, maybe they are not case fresh and super vintage finds, but it is vintage and putting components back together only makes sure we keep vintage pieces in a State that they are collectible as opposed to sat in drawers and cupboards gathering dust

Breathing life back into vintage has to be a good thing

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The restoration of pieces in this way for me is breathing life back into components and bringing vintage back to life, has to be a good thing.
The further we go in time the more we need to keep vintage components going, maybe they are not case fresh and super vintage finds, but it is vintage and putting components back together only makes sure we keep vintage pieces in a State that they are collectible as opposed to sat in drawers and cupboards gathering dust

Breathing life back into vintage has to be a good thing

Palifan

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Bumping this up.

Another great one you've put together Lee, you really can't see that this was ever opened, well done sir!

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Been looking for this card for a long time. Posdibly the toughesr yet but i got there ☺

Attachments

• 20181029_191703.jpg
    20181029_191703.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,908

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Got Bossked!

Another restoration. Original bubble and footer and nametag replaced.

Attachments

• 20181204_134143.jpg
    20181204_134143.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,690

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
Got Bossked!

Another restoration. Original bubble and footer and nametag replaced.
It's always tough when the name tag / plate is missing. It looks like you've done a terrific job with that card, so congratulations!

Thanks for sharing :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great work as ever Lee and another vintage card back saved and made whole again. :D

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
New addition time. I've had a 5 day stay in hospital recently and am off work for.a few weeks so haven't been up to much. This arrived today and was a nice break and soothing for the mind :lol:

Rare ESB Hammerhead card. Not exactly amazing condition but good enough for me.to.work on. Really happy with this one. Just started on a Lobot but need the nameplate for.that.

Attachments

• 20181224_160350.jpg
    20181224_160350.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,459
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom