What could Kenner have done better ?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:
Pomse2001 said:
I think it would be wrong not to have so many jabba and ewok figures when there are so many playsets and vehicles for jabba and ewoks.

But yes there should have been more cantina aliens :D Garindan would have been cool, but was he in the cantina ? :?

He wasn't in there in the film, he was lurking around outside. I reckon he probably popped in for the odd pint? He would have looked cool outside the sears play set.

Do you mean the Creature Cantina Playset ? that he would have looked cool outside ? :?

Yeah the Sears Cantina adventure set, exterior Cantina. People complain about Ships coming out before the figures of the drivers etc but no one complains that there was a Cantina bar but no Wuher figure. He had one of the most iconic lines in Star Wars. Forget Tarkin I wanted the bar man.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:
I must say I loved the ewoks and I could not see them makeing more wookies since there was only chewie in the movies :lol: But then again I loved the ewok movies :lol:

Lars, I've banned people for less than that. There is NO excuse for saying you like the Ewoks. None. They are a ****ing waste of space. The only person who 'likes' Ewoks is Han Duo, and he 'liked' them a bit too much. :?

Frunkstar said:
Wookies rather than ewoks in ROTJ, I was like 13 at the time & in all honesty, ewoks killed my love for SW right there & then at that age, loads of different wookies would have been great to collect, Ewoks - meh!

That's more like it. Let's turn this thread into the Ewok bashing tread that it should be.
Though given what George subsequently did with SW, and fact he created JarJar, maybe we should be glad he didn't create anything worse than Ewoks in the OT.

:lol: does it make it better that I saw the first 10 episodes from season 2of the ewok cartoon tv series yesterday :lol: I had not seen them since early 90s :lol: are I banned now ? :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:
He wasn't in there in the film, he was lurking around outside. I reckon he probably popped in for the odd pint? He would have looked cool outside the sears play set.

Do you mean the Creature Cantina Playset ? that he would have looked cool outside ? :?

Yeah the Sears Cantina adventure set, exterior Cantina. People complain about Ships coming out before the figures of the drivers etc but no one complains that there was a Cantina bar but no Wuher figure. He had one of the most iconic lines in Star Wars. Forget Tarkin I wanted the bar man.

I agree, very strange to make the cantina and no Wuher :? but I guess maybe kenner thought he does not shoot, kill or fight so how many can we sell ? :? I think most kids want the characters that do that and the heroes and the bad guys. I am not sure but maybe Wuher would have become a new anakin or imperial dignitary figure, that not all kids want, but I agree very strange not to make him when there is a cantina. Who should be behind the desk ? :?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:
Pomse2001 said:

I agree, very strange to make the cantina and no Wuher :? but I guess maybe kenner thought he does not shoot, kill or fight so how many can we sell ? :? I think most kids want the characters that do that and the heroes and the bad guys. I am not sure but maybe Wuher would have become a new anakin or imperial dignitary figure, that not all kids want, but I agree very strange not to make him when there is a cantina. Who should be behind the desk ? :?

Yeah I agree, he wouldn't have been everyones favourite, all he really does is point and shout. But it never felt right putting one of the Cantina villains behind the bar, stealing drinks and nicking from the till! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:

Yeah I agree, he wouldn't have been everyones favourite, all he really does is point and shout. But it never felt right putting one of the Cantina villains behind the bar, stealing drinks and nicking from the till! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe he should have been in the cantina playset, just like blue snaggletooth was in the Cantina adventure set ? :? :D

Yes they would only steal the drinks :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
:lol: does it make it better that I saw the first 10 episodes from season 2of the ewok cartoon tv series yesterday :lol: I had not seen them since early 90s :lol: are I banned now ? :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

Just to let everyone know, sadly Lars won't be taking any further part in this thread. I spoke to his carers and they were amazed he had managed to log on to a forum and type semi coherent messages given the sheer dose of medication he was on. They have assured me he won't be able to do it again as his new "coat" fastens up the back :wink:

Poor Lars.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Just to let everyone know, sadly Lars won't be taking any further part in this thread. I spoke to his carers and they were amazed he had managed to log on to a forum and type semi coherent messages given the sheer dose of medication he was on. They have assured me he won't be able to do it again as his new "coat" fastens up the back :wink:

Poor Lars.

Thanks mate :lol: sounds like you need some Ewok love :lol:

d2d45ae162109b3c29ff1bf2--star-wars-puns-fun-stuff.jpg

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I don't understand the hate those little, furry buggers get. I think you just need to open your mind to a new belief system/cult.

excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-time-to-talk-about-our-lord-and-savior-c3po-ewoks-star-wars.jpg

reddogblues

Padawan
Thinking about it and my tirade as to why Kenner did not release a Rebel Fleet Trooper, I may have thought of the reason.

It is too perplexing as to why not, as it makes sense on many levels (recreating battles, troop building etc). But, when they were creating the first 12 figures, maybe they thought the goodie to baddie ratio was out of whack.

So - goodies: Luke, Han, Leia, 3PO, R2, Ben and Chewie (7)
Baddies: Vader, Stormtrooper, Sand People, Jawa (4)

To have the Rebel Trooper would therefore have meant 8 goodies and only 4 baddies. Instead, making the DSC evened it out a little to 7 goodies and 5 baddies.

As to why they didn't then release it in the next wave I have no idea! :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
reddogblues said:
Thinking about it and my tirade as to why Kenner did not release a Rebel Fleet Trooper, I may have thought of the reason.

It is too perplexing as to why not, as it makes sense on many levels (recreating battles, troop building etc). But, when they were creating the first 12 figures, maybe they thought the goodie to baddie ratio was out of whack.

To have the Rebel Trooper would therefore have meant 8 goodies and only 4 baddies. Instead, making the DSC evened it out a little to 7 goodies and 5 baddies.

Why are Jawas considered baddies???

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Good theory on the rebel trooper.
The next 8 releases up to 20 backs make sense too:
4 aliens to go with the creature cantina palyset
3 new droids to go with the droid factory/land of the jawas
Luke x wing to go with the ship

Then they went with Fett and before you know it Empire is round the corner and the Star Wars line gets put on hold until POTF. So the rebel trooper didn't really have a chance.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Poor Lars.

Thanks mate :lol: sounds like you need some Ewok love :lol:

d2d45ae162109b3c29ff1bf2--star-wars-puns-fun-stuff.jpg

How did you manage to type that using only your nose? No way you could type with your new backwards fastening coat on. :wink:

elcroz

Padawan
Kenner could have done better on certain things BUT...

Kenner also did too well / put too much effort into certain things:

I'll name just one figure, he was a ROTJ figure, he had a grey Bespin blaster, Cloth Cape, Cloth Skirt and Belt. He was only seen in the background on the film for a millisecond.

Why did they put sooooo much effort into this figure? He was literally an extra.

Feel free to add what you feel Kenner went overboard on.

PS. He is my favourite figure :mrgreen:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
I don't understand the hate those little, furry buggers get. I think you just need to open your mind to a new belief system/cult.

excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-time-to-talk-about-our-lord-and-savior-c3po-ewoks-star-wars.jpg

Ok that is funny :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
reddogblues said:
They stunned R2 and then kidnapped him and 3PO, selling them to the highest bidder. Plus I can't abide them, disgusting creatures :D

I call tusken raiders and jawas neutral :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
reddogblues said:

Sounds like that could be the reason but as you write why didn't they release it in the next wave :? :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Good theory on the rebel trooper.
The next 8 releases up to 20 backs make sense too:
4 aliens to go with the creature cantina palyset
3 new droids to go with the droid factory/land of the jawas
Luke x wing to go with the ship

Then they went with Fett and before you know it Empire is round the corner and the Star Wars line gets put on hold until POTF. So the rebel trooper didn't really have a chance.

The next 8 releases up to 20 backs, could they not have done 9 or 10 and not only 8 ? :? Then they could have done the Rebel Trooper and the Tie Figter Pilot, so kids not should wait for late esb to get the tie fighter pilot :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom