Laser Pistol Box Issue...

reddogblues

Padawan
Hey All

I recently acquired one of my most sought-after pieces. It is the Empire Strikes Back Laser Pistol, with the Han Solo photo.

It is AFA graded, so sealed in an acrylic case. Somehow, the flap of packaging on the right has come loose (just by the emitter). It is not a big deal, but it is obscuring the Han photo and is bugging me! I am not sure if it was like that prior to grading, or has happened since.

Is there anyway to push it back into place without removing it from the acrylic case? I would hate to have to break it open, so hoping there is another solution.

IMG_20180911_110245.jpg

IMG_20180911_110256.jpg

IMG_20180911_110300.jpg

TrooperWill

Padawan
would turning it on its end and bouncing/ bumping it on a sofa cushion persuade it to drop back into place? if not i dont see you will be able to do anything without physically touching the flap, which of course means cracking her open!

TrooperWill

Padawan
lovely item by the way, as im nearing my loose runs completion (damn play-sets) im thinking the blasters next, but they are quite pricey and rare!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
TrooperWill said:
would turning it on its end and bouncing/ bumping it on a sofa cushion persuade it to drop back into place? if not i dont see you will be able to do anything without physically touching the flap, which of course means cracking her open!

Now, some other guy with a base sense of humour might say that comment is chock full if innuendo. Especially if you read it like Swiss Tony. :lol:

TrooperWill

Padawan
if im honest, I ran out of innuendos at that point, i wanted to do one about drilling a hole but then I thought I might be going a bit too deep! :wink:

reddogblues

Padawan
Thanks, will give it a try. Never against bouncing on a sofa to sort her flaps out :lol:

I don't think it will work, as the inner flap has prised out, so it will need a push back into place.

Boxed laser pistols and rifles seem to be fairly scarce and are always pricey. I got this for a good price, especially as the Han ESB is quite hard to come by :)

TrooperWill

Padawan
Thanks, will give it a try. Never against bouncing on a sofa to sort her flaps out :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think it will work, as the inner flap has prised out, so it will need a push back into place.
damn, dont think you can do much without actually being able to touch it, a glowing advert for grading right here folk... :wink:
seriously though, good luck, its a beautiful item and im more than a little jealous...

reddogblues

Padawan
TrooperWill said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

damn, dont think you can do much without actually being able to touch it, a glowing advert for grading right here folk... :wink:
seriously though, good luck, its a beautiful item and im more than a little jealous...

Thanks, man. The bottom seems a bit loose, so I think that could be removed and glued back... Any tips on how to do it without harming the acrylic too much? Yeah, makes you wonder how it was graded with the flap obviously out. I don't think it could just be shaken out.

I coveted these since I was a kid and never managed to get one in the 80s. I got a loose one but really happy to add a boxed version :)

TrooperWill

Padawan
i have seen multiple threads on here and Facebook on breaking the free, normally involves a large knife slipped between the seams or a hammer and thin chisel if its a tough one, being extremely careful of the vintage cardboard no doubt, but i have never done it and will accept no blame if it goes wrong :wink:

Yeah, makes you wonder how it was graded with the flap obviously out. I don't think it could just be shaken out.

a lot can happen in transit, the video of the dpd driver drop kicking parcels from one van into another springs to mind.... dont ever forget that postmen/couriers have no idea what is in a parcel, and probably wouldn't care if they did.... even if they try their hardest, items do get dropped, fall off tables and shelves and drop several feet from one conveyor belt to another. very interesting videos on youtube of how a postal sorting depot operates.

reddogblues

Padawan
Thanks, I will take a look and give it a try. The bottom has already come away a little, so there is at least a good starting point.

Will let you know how I get on :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
How about removing the loose panel with something like a Dremel if you really want to do something with it.
Personally I would leave it well alone.

reddogblues

Padawan
Mini99 said:
How about removing the loose panel with something like a Dremel if you really want to do something with it.
Personally I would leave it well alone.

Yeah, I took a closer look and it will be tricky to remove the loose panel without cracking and destroying it. Because of this I think I will leave it as it is :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom