Sith Lord
I have a pic...

products990_ratdeluxe.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
Darth Bobby said:
Has anyone got a picture of him? I'd love to know what he looks like.

Stall 83 is great, I love staring into that cabinet.

I think I have a picture but not sure if I'm allowed to post?

What do the mods think?

I've no objections, but it's probably Edd's call.

TrooperWill

Padawan
i too would love to get hold of some of the unused cards, but there are so many variables.
obviously he knew that starting to sell blank cards would be suicide, however:

he could have been coming to the end of his supply anyway.

he could have sold them on privately, im assuming he knew most of the dealers of the time, and most would have seen enough profit to never say anything.

he could have panicked and destroyed them, burnt them, buried them, wrapped them round a brick and buried them at sea, really the options are limitlss.

i think its unlikely that they are still in a box in his spare room, or his attic, it was a big scandal, police were involved, it made the news and an episode of fake britain.if they were found at the time he would have been in court for fraud with possible prison time.

best guess is they are at the bottom of the sea somewhere off brighton.

lejackal

Grand Master
It does make you wonder what he would think to someone pumping out fakes of the robot toys and toy guns that he loves and has written about....

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I agree Carl, when I first met him and asked him about all the loose figures he was selling he told me he had very little interest in Star Wars figures and moved on quickly to tell me how much he was really interested in Japanese tin toys. Straight away I was disappointed and alarm bells rang! At the time I had only just found out about the last 17 which was blowing my mind! And to be told by this man that had this incredible collection of figures and play sets that he had no interest was kind of like meeting your favourite actor and being told they had no interest in that film they were in that you liked. Dissapointment city!

By the looks of things this 'hobbie' of his is now funding his love of cage diving and taking photos of fish, plus a bit of yoga on the side, I bet he loves an organic vegan free coffee

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
It does make you wonder what he would think to someone pumping out fakes of the robot toys and toy guns that he loves and has written about....

He sold/sells tin robot toys as well. I wouldnt touch them either, its not that difficult to make a cut and shut out of 2 knackered robots to make a good one. And the good one is worth well more than 2 knackered ones...

Jason

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I always found it strange that he has sold 1000s of original accessories like the paploo staff, yellow Luke bespin sabers and stormtrooper blasters. He literally must have bought 100s of each but to still keep churning them out three decades after he bought the stuff I am not claiming there reproductions but the well has to run dry at some point.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
pizzathehutt said:
I was in Brighton yesterday and popped into snoopers paradise to see how the dodge pot Toni was getting on.

Zero carded figures now, funny how his handy work is no longer on display since it all came out.

£60 for a A-wing pilot which I thought wasn't the worst until I saw repro weapon written in faint pen

A few other loose figures but nothing special please see pics

The other stall 83 I think is fantastic though!

So much cool stuff but it was busy so I didn't get any pics

So you did not kick his ass for all this toni cards ? :lol:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
pizzathehutt said:
I was in Brighton yesterday and popped into snoopers paradise to see how the dodge pot Toni was getting on.

Zero carded figures now, funny how his handy work is no longer on display since it all came out.

£60 for a A-wing pilot which I thought wasn't the worst until I saw repro weapon written in faint pen

He was not there otherwise I would've

Pomse2001

Grand Master
pizzathehutt said:
Pomse2001 said:
pizzathehutt said:

He was not there otherwise I would've

I guess he is hiding :lol:

hanskywalker

Youngling
Just noticed this week that my minty ESB Tie Fighter Pilot I bought a few years back is totally looking like it was a Toy Toni! Gutted. I love that one. Oh well. it still looks awesome on display though, but bit of shame.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom