Response to Claims

ldr

Padawan
Thanks for the replies. I've emailed Jeff, so just waiting on a reply.

See what happens!

ldr

Padawan
I've had a reply:

reply.jpg

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
That's a bit of a '**** you' kind of response. :(
So your left with a few options (which will probably all make you out of pocket)
1. Send them for grading and hope they come back with good grades.
2. Sell them as mint loose figures.
3. Leave them in your collection and go into denial. :(

None are good options.
I feel for you bud. :(

jayums

Jedi Master
Ignores that you presumably paid a lot more for the baggies than mint loose in the first place.

So the figures are now worth the same or more mint loose than what was paid for them in baggies, yet he still wont accept returns and offer refunds even though he could turn a profit by grading and selling them himself...

I detect bullshit.

xbomber

Padawan
Ridiculous. I'm sure at some point the wrong type of person is going to pop round and hear in person how he's unable to help them.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Surely Steve at UKG has heard of this scam. Why would he U grade them. Surely Steve shouldn't be opening them if he thinks they are legitimate.

ldr

Padawan
Yeah bit of a bugger really.

So, can't claim via paypal as its past 180 days. Can't claim with my credit card which is linked to Paypal as paypal is 3rd party so you can't claim under section 75.

Only thing I can do is get them opened and graded.

Steve at UKG knows these are fake, but the figures seem to be mint. So obviously a load of minty figures were put into fake baggies at some point. Probably years back when figures were cheap and plentiful.

subzero

Sith Lord
You still do have 6 years since you bought them to take him to small claims court, even if he cannot pay he'd at least have to arrange a repayment plan to pay you back if he loses. You'd obviously need to provide all your proof and evidence though of your purchases and all your communications.

His financial situation is nothing to do with you so he has no right to tell you that you're out of luck, you still deserve to get the lost money back in one way or another.

Only problem with a claim like this though is it could be made more complicated due to having to prove what your items are worth verses the amount you should be refunded based on what you paid for them, and also trying to prove that he was aware of what he was selling to you.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
TWOFOOT said:
That's a bit of a '**** you' kind of response. :(
So your left with a few options (which will probably all make you out of pocket)
1. Send them for grading and hope they come back with good grades.
2. Sell them as mint loose figures.
3. Leave them in your collection and go into denial. :(

None are good options.
I feel for you bud. :(

Or as subzero says, option four, take the **** to court.
Not sure you're allowed a time limit on refunding people when you sell them fakes. Also, I don't think he contacted all his buyers and told them their items may be fake, so not as if buyers were necessarily aware of his arbitrary time limit. Again, as Subzero says, his financial problems have no impact on whether or not he owes you a refund. They will just affect his ability to pay it back in one go or not. His suggestion you get them U graded is just a "**** off" but worded in such a way that it sounds like he is trying to be helpful while playing the sympathy card. He had no qualms about ****ing people over when he sold fakes for years so why should he get any sympathy now.
Tell him you want a full refund or you're taking him to court. Small claims is free.

subzero

Sith Lord
Before court action is taken you'd need to send him a formal 'letter before action' in the post giving him 14 days to resolve it, here is a guide on what needs to be done. I'm actually in a situation myself right now with somebody for money they owe me, and may need to also take this action...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/going-to-court/taking-court-action/step-one-write-a-letter-before-action/

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Grant_C said:
How can you 'Ugrade' something that wasn't factory sealed?

Yes that's the bit I don't get. Surely a grading company would swerve anything remotely fishy.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I sent a loose batch to be graded about 10 years ago to AFA. Some were my figures and some were for a friend. One of the figures my friend had he brought of eBay and the seller sent it with the bubble. I sent it to AFA with the bubble wrapped in bubble wrap to protect it and they gave it a Ugrade! It was a B-Wing Pilot.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
This is not great news for you Lewis, but it is sadly the response I expected knowing the seller & my own comunications with them.

His claims about getting them U graded or even regular graded is a fabrication & outright lie, I spoke directly to Steve @ UKG yesterday just to double check, Steve returned all of Jeff's baggies for reasons I am not at liberty to divulge but suffice to say Jeff is not welcome to send anything in for grading by UKG now & if he is having stuff done there it's via a 3rd party, the figures will obviously not be granted a U grade from a fake baggie FFS! that much is obvious.

Personally with these being a known commodity now & being documented as 100% fake by a grading company & the seller being aware of that fact, it would be wise to inform the police & make a short official statement with them so it has been recorded officially, then if you want to proceed via the court rout you have some info at hand to help with the case, if enough of the affected parties in this all did the same I think a joint claim would be quite a simple case as when everything thats been sold by the seller is totted up we are looking at multiple thousands & with that kind of figure in question I am sure the courts would be looking in to not just financial claims but also a possible fraud investigation.

I really feel for you, I am so sick of giving the bad news about these baggies to collectors. :cry:

I do hope you can get some resolve.

momike

Jedi Master
Ukg do not u grade and that aside you can't trust a word that comes out of jeffs mouth as he's proven time and time again

Gutted for you Lewis : (

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
After reading through the thread, I really feel for you Lewis. This Jeff guy sounds a very pleasant person with very high morals.......not :shock:

I agree with the guys, report to the Police, report it as a case of serious fraud, build up a case, get whoever you can Involved, possibly trading standards if he is a trader/ business, I am more than sure that you have more than enough evidence and fellow SWF.uk members who would be willing to give evidence against this parasite in the future.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get the positive outcome you rightly deserve.

Russ

slim

Sith Lord
Holy cow this really is a sad state of affairs now , I was looking adding some baggies and mailers to get my collection started again and now it will be even harder for me , more homework to do ! , Is there a thread with all these fake baggies on it

Shocked :eek: :eek: :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yep very sad indeed.

There are a number of FB Baggie groups one of which I think is run by Frank, my advice if you are looking to addbaggies/ mailers to your collection then this is the way to go to avoid getting stung! Safe havens with trustworthy collectors as always is the way to go

momike

Jedi Master
Lewis ended up sending those baggies in to ukg......turns out some of the figures had been touched up with visible brush strokes :cry:

ldr

Padawan
Yeah. Luke was touched up...still sticky even. So cant grade that. So lost pretty much all my money on that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom