THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 47 LAUNCHED

Taffius

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Really enjoyed the round table, some very valid points put across coherently.

There is definitely some truth to this so-called "millennial" generation, Spoons is right that it has always been there to a degree but before Facebook the 'like' and instant gratification that comes with it simply didn't exist. I recently employed a 22 year old in my team, and if I don't tell him he's done a great job every 5 minutes he thinks he is doing something wrong. He even emails me individual lines of code to congratulate him about. I've never seen this behaviour before with older members of my team, I'm sure it's because of social media.

I have seen a few egos looking for massages! Have you seen a lot of "my torch is brighter than your torch"?

What I have witnessed lately are "snowflakes". Very delicate and fragile.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished it, very enjoyable as ever. I would like to thank Pete for mentioning the new video game Facebook group, if anybody would like to have a look or join it is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187354552040809/

Also got to agree with Simon about Echo Base, an otherwise fine group really does let itself down by censoring outside links. It's the North Korea of Facebook groups. Without sharing information this hobby is nothing, and it really shows based on the amount of ill-informed members in the group. Open the doors guys, it will benefit you not harm you.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Darth Bobby said:
Simon seems to be getting a lot more abuse that Richard these days. Very funny. Appreciate the hard word.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys, glad to hear that the latest episode is well received.

I would, however, like to highlight the above as the most valid feedback to date, thanks DarthBobby, you have real insight. How I deserve more abuse than the northerner I don't know. I guess it's my good looks, adonis-like physique, winning personality and modesty that intimidate the rest of them. Understandable.

Ian, I do agree, Luke Jedi blue sabre on TL does indeed appear to make Madine seem common. And no, he doesn't have one, but only one of those Madine's was his, IIRC ;)

Taffius, mouldy chicken is a term of endearment in the grimmer and less developed parts of the country.

It's bullying mate, plain and simple. Stuart Skinner seems to be the main culprit. He's very brave now he's got the life size Ewok for back up!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
On the subject of AFA mislabeling, in the early days of grading before Ford's palitoy.org matrix got going, AFA had to come up with their own letter designations, some of which differed from the ones we now use on Ford's, and now my matrix. It looks like they conform to this now. So, it's only seen on very early graded Palitoys, and the cards are sufficiently different that nobody should be confused anyway.

cheers Jason

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Take your time guys, no one is paying you for the gift you give us, so totally understand that it has to be done when you can get it done.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
Take your time guys, no one is paying you for the gift you give us, so totally understand that it has to be done when you can get it done.

Haha I have been checking podbean for an update the last few day's. Awaiting the guys solo movie impressions and the vintage rebellion fix.

jared007

Padawan
Just finished the last hour or so of this one. Was a lot of fun to be involved in the discussion, thanks for having me on. Loved the "Hard for Han" disco mix ;)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Ok.. who can artwork me a disco dancing Han with the slogan 'Still Hard for Han Solo' so I can get it on a T-shirt for Celebration? :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Ok.. who can artwork me a disco dancing Han with the slogan 'Still Hard for Han Solo' so I can get it on a T-shirt for Celebration? :lol:

Ask Pete mate he's pretty good.

Or if he's got the time obviously Mr Daniels is your best bet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom