Palitoy VCJ ebay

wrighty

Sith Lord
For those new to the forum, sorry not been here regularly lately, another story for another time, but I am a Jawa focus collector.

I just want to highlight how greed triumph given word.

Most will probably be aware a slit bubble Palitoy VCJ appeared on eBay recently. The seller is a member but not regular on SWFUK.

I contacted him to see if he will do a deal as I am looking for an upgrade. He told me he is looking for £3k, after a few more spontaneous messages I offered him £2.8k then there was silence for a day or so, he came back saying he was offered £2950 on eBay. I immediately say ok, I will match that offer off eBay but includes PayPal fees and postage within UK. Again heard nothing for a day, so I said what the heck, I will offer him the full £3k inclusive, again nothing for a day, then he said he wanted £3k excluding fees, which is about £120. I offered him half the Paypal fees £60, I will pay the £3k and he will send the item to UKG for verification (I am in Australia so kind of a pain to post all the way here if any issues) and if all ok I will Paypal him the £60 via friends and family. Again nothing for a day or so and just got a message he took an offer for £3200 on eBay (not sure true or not).

Can't help but feel I have been taken for a ride and if the buyer is on this forum, message me and I can sent you some screen shot of the conversation. No money changed hands so this is just a learning experience. Ultimately it was not just about the money but the principle of doing a deal, I hate silent auctions. If you have a price say it, if it is not for me I will pass.

Hope everyone had a great weekend by the way! 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Why not just buy a loose VCJ for the going rate of £1000-1200, and then find a re-seal Palitoy Jawa for about £200-300 and save yourself £1200?

Admitedly a Palitoy Jawa re-seal is getting tought to find but I bought one from Vectis not long ago for less than £100 - with fees! It's worth the hunt if you can save a significant chunk of money though.

wrighty

Sith Lord
This is a Palitoy VCJ bubble attached to card but with slit to remove the figure. I already have a reseal just looking for upgrade. I sold 2 Palitoy cloth cape reseal a few years ago for £45 each!! :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
This is a Palitoy VCJ bubble attached to card but with slit to remove the figure. I already have a reseal just looking for upgrade. I sold 2 Palitoy cloth cape reseal a few years ago for £45 each!! :lol:

Sad story to hear you didn't manage to get that VCJ, I would have loved it but knew it would go high in the end. I think the one you already have is one I decided not to go for years ago that was on eBay. I think it's the one with the bubble opened at the top but fully sealed? If it is that one and you ever get tired of it (just the card back) then do let me know :wink:

The seller of these Palitoy 12 backs does seem to have them all at quite a high price. The Leia and Han are way overpriced for the condition but it is up to the seller to ask what they want for their things.After keeping sales records on reseals for the last 5 years most of these are valued at around triple of what they go for with a few exceptions.

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
Unfortunately with some sellers once they get a whiff that somebody is interested in their item and willing to pay for it, they can get greedy and start jacking the price up further on you trying to squeeze more out of ya.

This isn't quite the same but it reminds me of what's happened to me several times with other rare vintage items. I spot an item i'm after which has already been listed up for a good while, and listed at a price which is already over market value but with 'send an offer' option on it, so I send my offer just to chip a bit off the asking price, then annoyingly the seller immediately jacks the asking price up by up to between 20% or 50% more, and still with either not responding to my offer or refusing it.

What they're doing is seeing someone is interested in it and thinking "omg this guy wants it, if this person is willing to buy it for this much then he'll prob be willing to pay even more for it"

I had a right dick a week ago when I put an offer in for a vintage magazine selling for £15 ono which was listed up for more than 20 days, I sent a £12 offer then he replied with a counter offer for £15 lol along with the bullshit lie of "sorry just realised I meant to actually list it for £18 but i'll be happy to sell it to you for £15"... I refused his bullshit counteroffer along with the message "yeah nice try mate :)" and then sent a £13 offer, he refused that and proceeded to change the BIN price to £18 or ono.

That guy shot himself in the foot, he's now stuck with a magazine that he prob won't sell for another year or more because there's barely even a market for it, and I went and bought one for £16 from another seller because no way was I gonna end up paying him £15 after those snidey tactics. :evil:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
wrighty said:

If doing the right thing is so important to you, how about you sell me the trilogo Jawa/Warok miscard you backdoored me on a couple of years ago (which is the reason you were banned from the Echo Base Facebook group.)

I agree it sucks when these things happen, but it's a bit rich to moan about it when you've done exactly the same thing to somebody else.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
wrighty said:

If doing the right thing is so important to you, how about you sell me the trilogo Jawa/Warok miscard you backdoored me on a couple of years ago (which is the reason you were banned from the Echo Base Facebook group.)

I agree it sucks when these things happen, but it's a bit rich to moan about it when you've done exactly the same thing to somebody else.

Someone just got owned :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
wrighty said:

I remember that thread. Andrew preens miscard.

I guess, when you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

subzero

Sith Lord
i-did-not-see-that-coming.jpg

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Vectis sold a set of Palitoy reseals in 2015 that included a Palitoy vc Jawa. Not sure if it's the same cards but that finished at £2700 for all 12 I think.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have reread this thread a couple of times and must say, I can't see what Andy has done wrong. You asked him how much he wanted, he told you £3k and then you made him several offers that were less. He got an offer over £3k and took it.

I don't think he was being devious, I think he just wanted £3k

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'll take that as a no then, so much for principle and given word :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I'll take that as a no then, so much for principle and given word :lol:

It's gone a bit quiet, is that tumbleweed I see rolling past? :lol:

momike

Jedi Master
Don't see what the gripe is tbh, seems you were back and fourth with the seller regarding price and someone beat you to it.....you snooze you loose, more so these days

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom