FIRST 12 ORIGINAL 1977 COMPLETE ACTION FIGURES

MIGRANPEDAL

Youngling
Hi all. New to the forum but old star wars fan. I´ll try to make this story short. At the time of the Star Wars film release, during my childhood i lived in South Africa. All these action figures were taken out of the blister at that time (1977-78). Capes and weapons are original. The most wanted JAWA with the vinyl cape is near to mint condition, other action figures show some play wear but still in very good shape. Moved back to Argentina where I was born. Kept these toys in a box. ¿Price? Will provide all the necesary detailed photos if required.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely need to post good quality photos of your figures (front and back) and the weapons if you want an accurate valuation. If you can do that, I'm sure we can help :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
As already mentioned, good quality pics are imperative.

Based on absolutely mint, complete figures:

Luke £75
Leia £125
Han £35
R2 £40
C3P0 £25
Sandpeople £25
Death Squad Commander £20
Jawa £1K +
Stormtrooper £25
Darth Vader £25-30
Obi Wan £25-30
Chewbacca £15

Obviously, there will be some variation in these prices, especially with any paint loss, loose limbs, torn cloaks etc. Hopefully this will give you an idea though :)

MIGRANPEDAL

Youngling
I´m concerned about the jawa vinyl cape. I know I have the real deal but I see the texture is smooth on both sides. Most people claim that only one side of the cape must be completely smooth while the other side must have a very tiny fine square pattern(grainy).
There must be authentic smooth on both sides jawa vinyl capes right?

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 722

poncho

Grand Master
correct one side is smooth one side should have cross hatch pattern and make a zip noise when you scratch your finger nails on it

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It can be difficult to see properly. You need a good camera and good light, as you can't really tell from certain angles. The zipping sound is the giveaway. Should look like this:

Attachments

• 20160903_131254.jpg
    20160903_131254.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 711

MIGRANPEDAL

Youngling
Great !! I´ll double check that but I´m sure there is no texture. As I´m the only owner of this action figure, took it out of the blister myself when I was a kid, I certainly have no doubt that it is original. Could this possibly be one of the very few both sided smooth vinyl capes? I´ll use a magnifying glass to have a very good view before I get back to you. Thanks.

MIGRANPEDAL

Youngling
OK, I´m ashamed and also blind as a bat. Hard to get a good shot.
Might consider letting this go for 1K as long as I get a replacement jawa with fake cape and gun (does not matter to me that much).
I´ll keep the others though.

Thanks once again folks for your time and patience.
You Rock!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 691

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Looks good ;) DO NOT get a fake cape and gun though! Absolute sacrilege! :evil: Keep it, or get one with a genuine cloth cape for £30.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Loose ones can vary and one in slightly better condition than your cape (going by your photos) went for just over £800 on eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jimmy-the-raising-livestock-breeders-70er-OB-Egg-Socket-Figure-Western-Country-100-orig-/192488615038?hash=item2cd1372c7e%3Ag%3A2V8AAOSwYJNasm-9&nma=true&si=njMDRrSocf1BDrxQIazDE61Taq8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You could try your luck with an online auction or put a BIN price of around £1000 with best offer and see what happens. I've noticed that loos eones are going for around this price but if you wish to get it graded first then you'll get a bit nore for it, esepcially as it guarantees the buyer that it's genuine no questions.

Good luck either way with what ever you decide to do. If I were you I would keep it (but I'm not). :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom