I have an original Hans Solo Carbonite figure from the movie set,

Lindo

Sith Lord
May have been googling the subject and this showed up, probably didn't realise it was so old, same has happened to me previously

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
What he states is correct though. This was issued in 1997 by Illusive concepts. They also did an amazing Vader bust with Seb Shaw head.

They were a big deal at the time, I will have to get the catalogue out sometime as it also has prices for POTF2 toys. £150 Han and Tauntaun etc...... use to read it all the time.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Here it is.

Attachments

• illusiveconcepts_darthvaderreveal342.jpg
    illusiveconcepts_darthvaderreveal342.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 927

Luuke

Sorry for the "out of the blue" posting on this. I was researching the Han In Carbonite prop and came across this. I read through it and saw that no one gave a definitive answer. Actually looked like someone had said it was an LFL prop when in fact it wasn't. So regardless of how old this thread was, I was trying to help by giving a definitive answer. Hope it helped.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Good information Luuke. I'd not seen this thread before; an interesting read. Wonder what the OP did with it in the end

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Luuke said:
Sorry for the "out of the blue" posting on this. I was researching the Han In Carbonite prop and came across this. I read through it and saw that no one gave a definitive answer. Actually looked like someone had said it was an LFL prop when in fact it wasn't. So regardless of how old this thread was, I was trying to help by giving a definitive answer. Hope it helped.

Good reply, really you get some people bumping random posts for no reason, but this was a good bump!

bazbarble

Hello

I have a completely original Hans Solo in Carbonite from the Leavesden set.

I would like to get it restored and/or sell it

It was legally purchased in 2002, it's still in England, and it has good provenance (affidavits and letters)

I have taken some amateur pictures I am happy to send or post, it's not a copy, limited edition, it's the real thing looking for a proper home and someone to restore him
Hi there did you ever sell this? I've one of 6 from original film trying to assess value

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hello

I have a completely original Hans Solo in Carbonite from the Leavesden set.

I would like to get it restored and/or sell it

It was legally purchased in 2002, it's still in England, and it has good provenance (affidavits and letters)

I have taken some amateur pictures I am happy to send or post, it's not a copy, limited edition, it's the real thing looking for a proper home and someone to restore him
Wow looks amazing

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Hi there did you ever sell this? I've one of 6 from original film trying to assess value
It's highly unlikely that you have an original prop. You may have a recast of he original ( which I have one of in my collection ) or the Illusive concepts one which is more than likely what it is. They didn't make anywhere near 6 for the movie.

Regarding provenance, it has to be 100% proof as to how, where, when this was obtained and would need rock solid proof of use on the production. Anyone can write a letter of 'provenance' but without this concrete evidence it wouldn't matter. So many proclaimed 'original' props have been proven to be false when investigated properly and it is a minefield because of the money involved.

Lee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom