You try and help some people.......

lejackal

Grand Master
Has anyone else tried to help someone with price advice using either knowledge, the tracker or just completed sales data from your own search to met with a complete wall of stupidity and or cynicism?
Honestly conversation goes as follows;
Me: that MOC you were looking at is well overpriced at £250
(Attached screen shot from the tracker showing prices from £40 to £220 with a £114 average)
Him: I wouldn't trust s £40 MOC as it would be a recard, maybe £160 but not £40
Me: sends link and points out it is a sealed vintage MOC, it's just damaged
Him: lists all the faults
Me: I think your missing the point
Him: I am?

FFS it is actual ****ing market data of actual vintage MOCs being sold - what is not to understand?

And this isn't the first time in the last month either :roll:

Sorry, rant over

apack7229

Sith Lord
Maybe there was a wave of people being repeatedly dropped on their heads and this is the result. :lol: You have to wonder about people sometimes.

choffialoopa

Padawan
However lovely (and I love it)

Star Wars tracker is a tool not the truth. It is a model that displays the past market not the present. Small details in a MOC can mean a huge difference that you are unaware of. And your "help" might unintentionally lead you to mislead the guy.

I do agree there May be a market frenzy where a high price tag "justifies" originality. Hard to argue reason here.

I only assist people now who SELl their stuff significantly too low. And never on eBay naturally.

jared007

Padawan
choffialoopa said:
Star Wars tracker is a tool not the truth. It is a model that displays the past market not the present

The data in the Tracker is updated every weekend with the previous weeks happenings, so it's pretty close to the present in my opinion. But you are correct, it is just a tool and you still need to engage brain to make an informed decision with the data it presents to you.

jared007

Padawan
lejackal said:
FFS it is actual ****ing market data of actual vintage MOCs being sold - what is not to understand?

It can be absolutely frustrating. You send them a link to a completed auction and they still won't accept it. Sometimes you just have to move on - lead a horse to water and all that.

subzero

Sith Lord
jared007 said:
Sometimes you just have to move on - lead a horse to water and all that.

Occasionally though you get one that doesn't even try to get to the water. :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
I don't bother anymore, don't you know Star Wars is like gold?? :lol: Truth is if priced correctly it will sell otherwise ask yourself why is it not selling.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Would this man perhaps only use social media as a guide to prices, believe that everything is sold at the absolute top end of its value and have a suspicion that everything sold anywhere else for less is a fake because he can't tell the difference anyway?

Utter guesswork on my part. Awesome price, btw.

dienstuhr

Padawan
Hey, people can ask whatever they want for their stuff.

They just shouldn't wonder why it doesn't sell. Everything will sell if it's priced right. Except maybe JarJar Binks stuff :?

Cheers

d.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom