Header image

Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
User avatar
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby _Lee_ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

Seriously, How Incredibly Tedious.

Says it all to me.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6957
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Michael Sith » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm

_Lee_ wrote:Seriously, How Incredibly Tedious.

Says it all to me.


Like I said Lee, horses for courses, I would never berate anyone or their personal opinion, firstly as I have no right to do so, secondly because it's a pointless exercise. I can't do anything about your thinking my comments are tedious, they were just my own opinion, tbf I am a pretty boring person anyway, but i do try to be polite :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby yoda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:52 pm

I've I good feeling for this one that I'll really enjoy it. Mainly because I always loved Han and the Falcon, just seeing the inside of her gleaming clean :) ready for action. It is the whole story around Han and his earlier adventures that is capturing my imagination. How did he team up with Chewie and why :) I can't wait for this to be released. I feel this is going to give me that connection again that I got from watching R1and TFA, I was disappointed with the TLJ but this new one is giving me a better vibe.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

User avatar
Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Mr. Tie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm

yoda wrote:I've I good feeling for this one that I'll really enjoy it. Mainly because I always loved Han and the Falcon, just seeing the inside of her gleaming clean :) ready for action. It is the whole story around Han and his earlier adventures that is capturing my imagination. How did he team up with Chewie and why :) I can't wait for this to be released. I feel this is going to give me that connection again that I got from watching R1and TFA, I was disappointed with the TLJ but this new one is giving me a better vibe.

Really? Just use your imagination and leave commercial Disney shit behind you. Disney will not give you better vibes, they only smell money and SW today is like a huge smelling death rotting corpse. The franchise is dead and it won’t get any better. TLJ toys don’t sell and to be honest: I don’t give a shit about it. Lucas sold his soul to the devil and evil, stupid witch from the west Kathleen thinks she can handle it. My God, people who have faith in Disney are more moron than DT.
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

User avatar
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby yoda » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 am

Mr. Tie wrote:
yoda wrote:I've I good feeling for this one that I'll really enjoy it. Mainly because I always loved Han and the Falcon, just seeing the inside of her gleaming clean :) ready for action. It is the whole story around Han and his earlier adventures that is capturing my imagination. How did he team up with Chewie and why :) I can't wait for this to be released. I feel this is going to give me that connection again that I got from watching R1and TFA, I was disappointed with the TLJ but this new one is giving me a better vibe.

Really? Just use your imagination and leave commercial Disney shit behind you. Disney will not give you better vibes, they only smell money and SW today is like a huge smelling death rotting corpse. The franchise is dead and it won’t get any better. TLJ toys don’t sell and to be honest: I don’t give a shit about it. Lucas sold his soul to the devil and evil, stupid witch from the west Kathleen thinks she can handle it. My God, people who have faith in Disney are more moron than DT.


Dude I have got the vibe from your earlier posts that you definitely do hate the new movies. And that if you got the chance by this stage I suspect you'd have a great satisfaction in putting Lucas balls in a vice and de-balling him with a blunt peeling knife without an anaesthetic. That's fine i know others also hate them but also others don't. I hated the TLJ myself. I know they're not what we grew up with. I've accepted that now that they won't give me that same special feeling I got when I first watched Star Wars. But I'll still watch them for entertainment because of what they are.
Of course it's a money making machine for Disney but that's not going to stop people watching them. I've a little lad and I hope he watches the movies sometime. I suspect he'll probably enjoy the newer ones from the originals because of the effects now. But it won't bother me I can't make him enjoy them all. I really think you need to lighten up and let it go with what's happened with them moving on from the originals. Be happy with the memories Lucas did give you it's not all bad.
Have a few beers and it doesn't matter if you smoke, roll one up!And before you watch the new Han movie take a good long hard suck off that bad boy. Sit back put your feet up and enjoy the ride! You never know you might actually enjoy it.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

User avatar
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2967
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Cazza » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 am

Mr Tie, give it a rest FFS. So tedious :roll: As I said a while back, you clearly hate SW, so why keep coming on here to slag it off relentlessly? Thought you were into Matchbox now- spend some time being positive on a Matchbox forum instead- it might do you some good. Clearly trolling.

Yoda, very well put 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8210
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Grant_C » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am

Hypothetical:

If you support Man Utd from 1977 to 1983, hate everything they have ever done since, hate there new managers and players and even hate youth players that have been signed but have never played a game.......are you still a Man Utd supporter?


I guess you are.........just a really shit one.

If you loved the originals you would be fascinated in the inspiration of the new ones. Even if you didn't like the films. If your not interested in how TLJ relates to Heros Journey or Buck Rogers. Or how Rogue One used motifs from Episode 4 to create the same environment, then......fuck, it might be your just into wonderful little plastic men from simpler times......that just happen to be star wars......? :?

User avatar
Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 626
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Sutton, Surrey

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Definitely looking forward to this. Good to see they're using some stuff from the legends books.
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8210
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Grant_C » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Apparently some of it the s from the Brian Daley trilogy, which is insane. If you said that 10 years ago, I’d say the chances were zero.

User avatar
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby _Lee_ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Michael Sith wrote:
_Lee_ wrote:Seriously, How Incredibly Tedious.

Says it all to me.


Like I said Lee, horses for courses, I would never berate anyone or their personal opinion, firstly as I have no right to do so, secondly because it's a pointless exercise. I can't do anything about your thinking my comments are tedious, they were just my own opinion, tbf I am a pretty boring person anyway, but i do try to be polite :D


Hey Mike,

That wasn't directed at you mate, just my own hidden opinion of the trailer. I just feel that the amount of Star Wars we are getting is becoming tedious. Its just getting a bit too much IMO BUT I know there are some who love it.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

User avatar
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby _Lee_ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:
yoda wrote:I've I good feeling for this one that I'll really enjoy it. Mainly because I always loved Han and the Falcon, just seeing the inside of her gleaming clean :) ready for action. It is the whole story around Han and his earlier adventures that is capturing my imagination. How did he team up with Chewie and why :) I can't wait for this to be released. I feel this is going to give me that connection again that I got from watching R1and TFA, I was disappointed with the TLJ but this new one is giving me a better vibe.

Really? Just use your imagination and leave commercial Disney shit behind you. Disney will not give you better vibes, they only smell money and SW today is like a huge smelling death rotting corpse. The franchise is dead and it won’t get any better. TLJ toys don’t sell and to be honest: I don’t give a shit about it. Lucas sold his soul to the devil and evil, stupid witch from the west Kathleen thinks she can handle it. My God, people who have faith in Disney are more moron than DT.


You really need to have a look and think about what you are writing bud. You are never going to get your wish, and I think its actually quite rude at on keep on spewing your negativity in such a way that you offend. I'm not really interested in the Disney stuff ( although R1 was excellent) but I think you are intent on trying to ruin the hype for so many people. You don't like it, we get it -just move along and don't even look at these threads unless you have something remotely sensible or acceptable to say that people will respond to.

The more you do this, the more you are coming across as a troll, and we all know what Willow Uffgood done to trolls;)
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6957
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:20 pm

_Lee_ wrote:
Michael Sith wrote:
_Lee_ wrote:Seriously, How Incredibly Tedious.

Says it all to me.


Like I said Lee, horses for courses, I would never berate anyone or their personal opinion, firstly as I have no right to do so, secondly because it's a pointless exercise. I can't do anything about your thinking my comments are tedious, they were just my own opinion, tbf I am a pretty boring person anyway, but i do try to be polite :D


Hey Mike,

That wasn't directed at you mate, just my own hidden opinion of the trailer. I just feel that the amount of Star Wars we are getting is becoming tedious. Its just getting a bit too much IMO BUT I know there are some who love it.


No worries Lee, me misreading :oops: but I am pretty boring :lol:
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

User avatar
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3998
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby SAVORY100 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 am

Mr. Tie wrote:
yoda wrote:I've I good feeling for this one that I'll really enjoy it. Mainly because I always loved Han and the Falcon, just seeing the inside of her gleaming clean :) ready for action. It is the whole story around Han and his earlier adventures that is capturing my imagination. How did he team up with Chewie and why :) I can't wait for this to be released. I feel this is going to give me that connection again that I got from watching R1and TFA, I was disappointed with the TLJ but this new one is giving me a better vibe.

Really? Just use your imagination and leave commercial Disney shit behind you. Disney will not give you better vibes, they only smell money and SW today is like a huge smelling death rotting corpse. The franchise is dead and it won’t get any better. TLJ toys don’t sell and to be honest: I don’t give a shit about it. Lucas sold his soul to the devil and evil, stupid witch from the west Kathleen thinks she can handle it. My God, people who have faith in Disney are more moron than DT.


This is all so very tiresome now, please go away, you are contributing nothing to the forum.
A few points you might however want to look into:

** The franchise is not dead; please take a look at the box office sales alone; I'm sure we all expected the first two releases to smash it on hype alone, but The Last Jedi has actually comfortably slotted into the top 10 biggest films of all time, not too sure that is a sign of being dead.

** The toys asolutely do sell and are selling; all my Nephews and Nieces and their friends all have TLJ toys (and not from me buying them I hasten to add); the force Link feature is a huge success with the kids... less popular with the parents due to the irritation of the repetitive drone of sound effects though!

Look, I get it, you're a frustrated man child that didn't get what he wanted in life, so you want to go around upsetting people, but let's get real for a minute; you have a faceless account, no one knows your name, or cares who you are, you spit venom at a film series and its fans, yet you think somehow you fit in here.. a forum interested in those same films and with those same fans. There is a small minority that don't like the new films, there is a larger group within that who seem to dislike The Last Jedi more, but the broader facts don't lie, these are all still very popular films with a far greater number of fans than haters.

Everyone is more than welcome to share an opinion (as I have of you and your interactions) on this forum, and once its said I think we can accept it and move on, but to keep coming back again and again to say the same thing in a more and more vicious manner is really very tiresome and I really don't know what you are trying to achieve. Lee (in this same thread above) doesn't hold a lot of love for The Last Jedi, he has said that openly, yet in doing so, he has not actively tried to upset people or be vicious in his rhetoric, but his point has been made, heard and discussed; no drama.

Have you made one serious friend on this community forum? No? maybe it's time to either change your tone and approach or quietly disappear. If you really want to stay, please interact with the folk here in a more respectful and community minded manner.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby jedisearcher » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am

Crumm wrote:
Cazza wrote:Not getting the hate at all. Think it looks great. Who hates Star Wars more than anyone else? Star Wars fans :(


No hate from me, more like indifference really. I watched it, and when it ended I felt nothing really, no excitement, no real interest even though it is Star Wars. I felt the same way about TLJ trailer, and ended up not liking the film that much. That is why Solo ain't boding well for me.

However, when I watched the trailer for Spielberg's Ready Player One, that was awesome. I am so excited to see that, everything about the trailer makes me want to go see it, that is how you make a trailer. The Solo trailer does not have the same effect for me, if the trailer does not stir something in the viewer then why bother at all? the Solo trailer is just flat.

I sincerely hope the film itself is good, but if the pedigree of Rogue 1 and TLJ are anything to go by then I fear for it.


Have you read the RP1 book? It’s amazing, hundreds of pages of 80s pop porn :lol:

Well worth a read.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

User avatar
Crumm
Regular
Regular
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

Postby Crumm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am

jedisearcher wrote:
Crumm wrote:
Cazza wrote:Not getting the hate at all. Think it looks great. Who hates Star Wars more than anyone else? Star Wars fans :(


No hate from me, more like indifference really. I watched it, and when it ended I felt nothing really, no excitement, no real interest even though it is Star Wars. I felt the same way about TLJ trailer, and ended up not liking the film that much. That is why Solo ain't boding well for me.

However, when I watched the trailer for Spielberg's Ready Player One, that was awesome. I am so excited to see that, everything about the trailer makes me want to go see it, that is how you make a trailer. The Solo trailer does not have the same effect for me, if the trailer does not stir something in the viewer then why bother at all? the Solo trailer is just flat.

I sincerely hope the film itself is good, but if the pedigree of Rogue 1 and TLJ are anything to go by then I fear for it.


Have you read the RP1 book? It’s amazing, hundreds of pages of 80s pop porn :lol:

Well worth a read.


Just on with it now, I never knew it was a book until I heard about the Spielberg film a year or so ago (Only just got around to reading it now). I am enjoying it so far, some of the dialogue between the characters is a bit cringe-worthy, but overall it is very good.

Really looking forward to the film, if Spielberg hits it right and is on form, it will be awesome. I think it is the perfect fit for him, It's just the kind of film he excels at.
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"


Return to “Star Wars Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests