Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer... TONIGHT!!!!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I was absolutely not looking forward to this movie. I had a downer on it from around Summer last year. TLJ reinforced that negative feeling. A lot.

Bit his looks brilliant. I'm excited again which is a feeling I've not had about a SW movie since R1. And those posters are brilliant in their simplicity.

subzero

Sith Lord
This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han, why the **** this somehow didn't happen I really don't know but whoever decided not to choose him is a moron imo. This Solo film would have been 10 times better with Ingruber, this isn't just some random nobody on youtube either which is what baffles me, he actually played a young Harrison Ford in a film with him ( can't remember the film name ) and he was in the flashback scenes to when Harrison Ford's character was younger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

I'm sure Alden Ehrenreich will do a good job, but just wow I don't get why he was cast, he must be sucking some serious dick to have been given that role.

Davaider

Padawan
subzero said:
This guy ( Anthony Ingruber ) should have been cast to play Han, why the **** this somehow didn't happen I really don't know but whoever decided not to choose him is a moron imo. This Solo film would have been 10 times better with Ingruber, this isn't just some random nobody on youtube either which is what baffles me, he actually played a young Harrison Ford in a film with him ( can't remember the film name ) and he was in the flashback scenes to when Harrison Ford's character was younger...

I'm sure Alden Ehrenreich will do a good job, but just wow I don't get why he was cast, he must be sucking some serious dick to have been given that role.

Dam SZ ! You have a point , he would of been a brilliant young Han Solo !

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:

What a wasted opportunity, they could have got a great acting coach for him and he would have been perfect.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I wish they'd have stuck to their own publicity about making spin-offs that "won't be about members of the Skywalker family" that didn't involve necessary recasting of iconic characters which just seems troublesome when you consider all the other avenues they could have gone down.

Trailers never do anything for me - I feel a little jealous towards those who get much excitement and happiness from them - so I will go into this with as little expectation as possible which usually results in me quite linking them for what they are, rather than getting annoyed by what they're not. That's the ideal - I don't always achieve it.

Yep, i'll be there opening day.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Darth Bobby said:
subzero said:

What a wasted opportunity, they could have got a great acting coach for him and he would have been perfect.

I think so.
He's got a lot going on in that short clip to have pulled it off.
Still, im sure the film will be fine.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Darth Bobby said:
subzero said:

I think so.
He's got a lot going on in that short clip to have pulled it off.
Still, im sure the film will be fine.

Yeah I agree, the new actor and trailer are getting a lot of stick, but give him a chance. I reckon it'll be good. Feels like a back lash is brewing which is enevitable I guess. It'll be fine.

Crumm

Padawan
Looks rubbish, I don't even think I will bother with the cinema unless it gets rave reviews, probably just wait for the Blu-ray.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not getting the hate at all. Think it looks great. Who hates Star Wars more than anyone else? Star Wars fans :(

Crumm

Padawan
Cazza said:
Not getting the hate at all. Think it looks great. Who hates Star Wars more than anyone else? Star Wars fans :(

No hate from me, more like indifference really. I watched it, and when it ended I felt nothing really, no excitement, no real interest even though it is Star Wars. I felt the same way about TLJ trailer, and ended up not liking the film that much. That is why Solo ain't boding well for me.

However, when I watched the trailer for Spielberg's Ready Player One, that was awesome. I am so excited to see that, everything about the trailer makes me want to go see it, that is how you make a trailer. The Solo trailer does not have the same effect for me, if the trailer does not stir something in the viewer then why bother at all? the Solo trailer is just flat.

I sincerely hope the film itself is good, but if the pedigree of Rogue 1 and TLJ are anything to go by then I fear for it.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think anyone going into this expecting Harrison Fords boots to be filled, is going to be disappointed. It's an impossible job to do, think I'm going to try and look past that and take it for what it is.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I think anyone going into this expecting Harrison Fords boots to be filled, is going to be disappointed. It's an impossible job to do, think I'm going to try and look past that and take it for what it is.

Exactly this /\/\/\

I don't think anyone can go into this film expecting an exact replica of HF- never gonna happen. As long as the new guy can capture some of the Han Solo essence and the film is fun and exciting, tying in nicely with other cannon, then I'll take that and enjoy it. It's a bit like Chris Pine playing Kirk- doesn't really look or sound like him, but has a similar sort of spark and think he carried it off really well.

Apparently that Ingruber guy is an appalling actor. It's all very well looking and sounding like Harrison, but there's a lot more to it than that.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Crumm said:
Cazza said:

No hate from me, more like indifference really. I watched it, and when it ended I felt nothing really, no excitement, no real interest even though it is Star Wars. I felt the same way about TLJ trailer, and ended up not liking the film that much. That is why Solo ain't boding well for me.

However, when I watched the trailer for Spielberg's Ready Player One, that was awesome. I am so excited to see that, everything about the trailer makes me want to go see it, that is how you make a trailer. The Solo trailer does not have the same effect for me, if the trailer does not stir something in the viewer then why bother at all? the Solo trailer is just flat.

I sincerely hope the film itself is good, but if the pedigree of Rogue 1 and TLJ are anything to go by then I fear for it.
Totally right about that, my friend. It is as flat as a Wookiee that is run over by a heavy truck. Must have the same effect like R1, no profound character building and a lot of special effects to cover that. The Han Solo actor looks and sounds terrible, not even close to a look alike. They should have casted Anthony Ingruber from 'The Age of Adeline', would be a perfect young Solo. But shitty choices are made. And now we have something that Lucas will like: podracing! Oh yeah, must be a reference to American Graffiti, something the fans do like. My God, a flatliner even has more live in it :wink:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Totally disagree about Ingruber. He would have been nothing more than a guy who pretends to be Harrison Ford. That's not really cutting it. Quite frankly, I rather have an actor try and do his version of a young Han Solo than having one who at the very best is a cheap impersonation of Harrison Ford. With the former you can at least hope to get a solid performance, with the latter, no matter what happens, it will always be nothing more than someone who somewhat looks and sounds like Harrison Ford while being no match for him whatsoever. To me it is much easier to not constantly draw comparisons to Harrison Ford's performance, if the actor does his own thing and doesn't try to be Harrison Ford.

And as far as I know, Ehrenreich didn't need acting-lessons. They hired a coach because he went to Kennedy and demanded one, after being unhappy with what Lord & Miller were doing with the character. At least that's what the rumours were about the situation.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's a stand alone movie fleshing out a backstory.

For me for years after ROTJ all you had were EU books to give you extention and more Star Wars. I love the books for what they are, and approach the films in the same way, I'm not looking to compare against previous films, just watch it for the fact it's SW and something new, with characters and effects set in a galaxy far far away.

Horses for courses, if it's not for you then it's not for you, but it's def for me....if 100,000 people said oh don't watch it it's going to be crap, guess what I'd do.......I'd watch it of course, as I'm not looking for the justification of watching it because of others opinions, I will watch it for me

The more SW the better for me :D 8)

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
It's a stand alone movie fleshing out a backstory.

For me for years after ROTJ all you had were EU books to give you extention and more Star Wars. I love the books for what they are, and approach the films in the same way, I'm not looking to compare against previous films, just watch it for the fact it's SW and something new, with characters and effects set in a galaxy far far away.

Horses for courses, if it's not for you then it's not for you, but it's def for me....if 100,000 people said oh don't watch it it's going to be crap, guess what I'd do.......I'd watch it of course, as I'm not looking for the justification of watching it because of others opinions, I will watch it for me

The more SW the better for me :D 8)

That saves me a post, I agree completely. Damn I just gave you justification of sorts, hope you don't mind :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom