Sith Lord
Picked this up today

20180102_183903~2.jpg
20180102_192640~2.jpg

Not too many on shelves...seemed popular

coomber75

Sith Lord
Spookedhippie said:
My gosh, I still love that Wookiee gunship! Not that I have the money but how much were you after on that one?
lol when I looked think it was about 50-60 on bricks... she is a belter :)

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Wish I had the money...I suppose you wouldn't be interested in doing some sort of trade with a first order snow speeder shop display?

coomber75

Sith Lord
lol I can keep it till you do if you want mate am in no hurry to sell just sat in the loft... trade wise its all the original bits for me im afraid.. now if you have a sw back chewie we can do a dwal :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've just heard that there's a Cloud City UCS set due out this year, I'm probably late to the party on that one but it sounds like it's going to be $500 and wondered if anyone has heard any other news about it?

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
They did a cloud city before. It's worth a fortune because it was utter **** and no one bought it. It's got some exclusive minifigs as well that go for silly money.

I hope if they do make it again it's nothing like the first one. One of the worst lego sets I have ever seen.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yes, there is a a roomer doing the rounds that Cloud City will be coming our way this year, and 500 is the price tag.

I can't find the list (on brickiest somewhere) but there are a few big D2C sets rumored to be heading our way:

Imperial Star Destroyer (200)
Cloud City (500)
Avengers Infinity Wars (200)
Hogwarts Castle (500)

No idea if that is true, no leaked images or details, there are a few people claiming to match set numbers to descriptions and prices, but that doesn't mean much right now.

Personally i think Cloud City is a still a stretch, mainly because it is quite dull, and Death Star aside Playsets don't sell well at this price point. But who knows, the potential for some much needed figure updates (Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, Lando etc.) is there, but really beyond the carbo chamber and the 'I am your father' fight scene, there isn't really much to put in a set - but we will see.

My main worry if all that is true is we will have three sets out there in the 500+ price point and that is setting a new ceiling for Lego which will allow them to increase all their prices below, and sets are already too expensive (thank god for Amazon and their regular 30% off).

Anyway, mostly bought from Amazon on the afore mentioned discounted price, just working my way through most of the Last Jedi sets. Despite early reviews being negative and so forth, i am finding i rather like them. The new AT-AT is great, i love the industrial, chunkier look and the head even manages to look menacing (far better than the last AT-AT to me). The speeder is a great set, lovely vehicle. Oddly the small shuttle was a fun build with good play features. The Island hut is nice, very detailed inside. Haven't build the Star Destroyer yet, but will get there...

Palifan

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
Yes, there is a a roomer doing the rounds that Cloud City will be coming our way this year, and 500 is the price tag.

I can't find the list (on brickiest somewhere) but there are a few big D2C sets rumored to be heading our way:

Imperial Star Destroyer (200)
Cloud City (500)
Avengers Infinity Wars (200)
Hogwarts Castle (500)

No idea if that is true, no leaked images or details, there are a few people claiming to match set numbers to descriptions and prices, but that doesn't mean much right now.

Personally i think Cloud City is a still a stretch, mainly because it is quite dull, and Death Star aside Playsets don't sell well at this price point. But who knows, the potential for some much needed figure updates (Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, Lando etc.) is there, but really beyond the carbo chamber and the 'I am your father' fight scene, there isn't really much to put in a set - but we will see.

My main worry if all that is true is we will have three sets out there in the 500+ price point and that is setting a new ceiling for Lego which will allow them to increase all their prices below, and sets are already too expensive (thank god for Amazon and their regular 30% off).

Anyway, mostly bought from Amazon on the afore mentioned discounted price, just working my way through most of the Last Jedi sets. Despite early reviews being negative and so forth, i am finding i rather like them. The new AT-AT is great, i love the industrial, chunkier look and the head even manages to look menacing (far better than the last AT-AT to me). The speeder is a great set, lovely vehicle. Oddly the small shuttle was a fun build with good play features. The Island hut is nice, very detailed inside. Haven't build the Star Destroyer yet, but will get there...

Thanks for all the info and I've got the Island hut coming for my boy and I picked up the little set with a couple of Jawas and and sand person in it for the figs. I have the original Cloud City set and quite like it (did you hear that Mr Shifter :lol: ). It didn't come with any of the figs that were meant to be in there but had a cloud car thrown in and the set was complete and boxed for $100 so I was happy enough with it. I'm curious to see what the do with it if they do make a UCS version of it but you're right about the price point getting a bit to high for some of these sets, they become to out of my reach for what I want to pay.

Ian

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Doubt if anyones' interested in these but they're up for grabs, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Hoth Attack and Droid Escape pod sets - £15 each + £3 postage or all three for £40 + £6 postage. Pm me if you want any. Cheers. EDIT: **** me... put these on ebay as well and someone bought all three within about half an hour! SOLD

177.JPG

176.JPG

175.JPG

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Robstyley said:
Doubt if anyones' interested in these but they're up for grabs, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Hoth Attack and Droid Escape pod sets - £15 each + £3 postage or all three for £40 + £6 postage. Pm me if you want any. Cheers. EDIT: **** me... put these on ebay as well and someone bought all three within about half an hour! SOLD

177.JPG

176.JPG

175.JPG

at those prices I'd have had them if I'd have seen them in time!!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oh for f**ks sake, I would have taken these, just didn't see them. :cry:
Congratulations on the sale.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Sorry guys.. normally I would put things on the forum a few days b4 eBay but I didn't think anyone would want them. Got too much stuff sitting around I've bought on a whim, can't collect everything! Need to have a clear out :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Sorry guys.. normally I would put things on the forum a few days b4 eBay but I didn't think anyone would want them. Got too much stuff sitting around I've bought on a whim, can't collect everything! Need to have a clear out :wink:
No problems Rob, sound like you need a biger house. :lol: I hate selling anything!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Listed in the genres sales section but having to sell my big bad falcon and other bits.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 822

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
A few extra shorts of the falcon box :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 835
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 815
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 816

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I will post in the general sales area as well but have these DC/Marvel Lego cover comics to offload as well. Just after cost for these (£7 per comic) but not willing to split up so all or nothing. But as always, open to offers.
Tar

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 803
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 804

Latest posts

Top Bottom