Has Disney ruined Star Wars?

subzero

Sith Lord
Here's another one to piss people off about the timeline being ruined.

The Death Star plans and other crappy little blueprints are protected by a planet-wide force field on Scarif, but the Death Star itself in ANH..... no force field :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
That's it. All ruined. Reasonably sized but nothing special collection going up for sale tomorrow.

:)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well I'm no fan of the new stuff, had they been honest from the start and say they we copying the old films for a new generation I'd have been less pissed off with them - sat in the cinema and I kid you not had a tear in my eye when I read TFA opening crawl - then sat and got really pissed off watching as I realised it was ANH 2.0.

Prequels for me are unwatchable - just ****in dross, CGI **** fest.

But to answer the question about Disney - no not at all, quite simply because everyone's SW experience is different and I'm fine with that - trust me that wasn't always the case. When TFA came out and everyone was gushing about it I damn near quit this place in disgust but realise now that having that kinda attitude towards others is just wrong.

Have no intention of watching any other of the new films, just not for me just like the whole expanded universe that came before it, never bought into that - the 3 films were always enough for me and that isn't going to change but glad others are enjoying it. For me nothing can spoil "my" Star Wars so Disney can pump out as many films a year as they want covering every characters back story - it's not for me so I simply won't watch them.

subzero

Sith Lord
I cried in a sad way when I read that Luke Skywalker was missing like 5 seconds in :lol:

ED_P

Youngling
I would say no. Nothing beats the original trilogy but Disney has already made improvements with TFA compared to the prequel trilogy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom