Grade Chasing can bring out the worst in buyers - evangrandi25

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi I'm new to forums and I don't normally out people either but this guy's behaviour was pretty off in my mind.

Anyway, I sold a blue Imperial Blaster to a guy on Sunday 4 June who was buying them to get his figures graded. He paid up after a reminder was sent on Monday 5 June. No probs so far.

The same day he also then bought a black imperial blaster off of me, after beating me down on price.

Messaged him and said if you pay up I'll post them together and you can benefit from combined postage. He said he'd pay on Thursday 8 June when he got paid, and could I send them out pronto as he needed to send them off to be graded.

He finally paid up on Friday 9 June, 96 hrs after purchase (after I chased him), and he left this message.

"Hello jjst paid sorry hope to receive both guns soon before send my figures off with them to be graded could Leave feedback"

I posted out second class signed for on Saturday 10 June as per my listing. On Tuesday 13 June (2 working days after posting and first day Royal Mail could possibly deliver) he began chasing.

On Wednesday 14 June the item should have definitely been delivered but unfortunately still no item - looked like there may have been a delay at a Royal Mail. He asked me if I sent it tracked and I replied.

"Hi Evan,

I am sorry about any delay. As mentioned yesterday the item was posted second class signed for on Saturday 10 June. You can trace it at Royal Mail using reference GK207400581GB which I always add to one of the buyer's item listings if it is signed or special delivery.

I also enclose a photo of the receipt as proof. Looking into this further I also attach a photo of your address in eBay which just says 4 Marton Gill, if this is not the name of the street this could be the cause of your delay. Could it be that?
"

After which he followed up and mentioned refunds so I followed up with:

"On the track and trace all it says is it has been posted from my local post office. Hasn't even been delivered to your local post Office Depot. Not looking good.

Apparently a claim can be made 10 days after the due date. I will look into this further tomorrow.

I will if you wish refund the item for you if it still hasn't turned up by Monday evening. But if it were to turn up you would need to pay for it again or send the items back to me.

Or you can wait until the 10 working days elapse which would be Weds 29th July. A long time I know.

Once again I'm sorry about this, though it's totally out of my hands.

Jay"

At that point he said he was happy to wait until Friday when he would message me again. On Thursday he messaged me multiple times asking for a refund (getting more and more aggressive) even though the guns were only 1 day late. I reluctantly said that although I thought he was jumping the gun, if it hadn't turned up on the Friday, I would refund him as long as he returned the items or repaid if they did turn up.

On the Friday still no item so he aggressively requested a refund. I duly refunded both items. He then sent a message

"Only refunded me for one gun are you going to refund me for the other".

He then messaged me "Can you refund me £9.40 before I leave bad feedback I have given you time only refunded me on one gun when was 2".

I replied:

"Evan,

There was no photo attached. I have attached one for you showing both refunds even though it contains personal information that I should not have to send you.

I feel your level of aggressiveness is unduly unfair considering the post office are responsible for loosing the item and not me. Also I have kept you informed every step of the way despite your accusatory emails and have refunded your items leaving me currently out of pocket despite the fact that the item is only actually 2 days late.

This is of course on top of the fact that you purchased my item on Monday 5th June and did not actually pay for it until Friday 9th June, 2 days later than the allotted 48hrs you are given by eBay to purchase an item and one day later than you promised to pay me.

I have contacted eBay regarding the matter and they are now aware of the situation. I'm sorry you feel it necessary to behave in this manner. You will not win many friends on eBay with this attitude.
Jay
"

He replied with "Nice try if don't sort the 2nd payment am leaving 2 bad feedback on your wall cause 2nd one hasn't work"

He duly left negative feedback. I managed to contact eBay and get the negative feedback removed as they could see I had refunded both items and I had agreed to refund him before he left negative feedback. Had I not done that they would not have removed it.

Here's the worst part.
On the 23 June Royal Mail tried to deliver the item and a card was left. On the 24 June the item was picked up. Of course the buyer denied that a card was ever delivered and the item was picked up using a different signature, so he alleges he never received the items.

One month on and I'm still chasing Royal Mail regarding the item to see if they will cover my losses. At least eBay have said they might refund me if Royal Mail don't.

It looks like the same buyer has left aggressive and rude negative feedback for other sellers. One to avoid I think. I have noticed recently that grade chasing tends to bring out the worst in buyers. evangrandi25 is one.

Jay

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He sounds like a bellend. There's no shartage of them on eBay.
But refunding him before the item was delivered is tantamount to giving him the item. Given his arsey attitude your chances of getting the item back were zero.
Wait until it is delivered and then discuss a refund.
If he's not happy with it I would have had him return the item and then refund him. That prevents him sending you an empty box and claiming he returned it. Although saying that eBay side with the buyer every single ****ing time so you are somewhat buggered regardless.

Stick to selling on here. Much much lower chance of getting a tosser like him.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Need to seek clarification on what eBay policy is on removing negative feedback if an item is undelivered or late as a result of the postal service.

It's over 5 weeks later and Royal Mail are still dragging their heals in investigating what happened. Uber-efficient.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Need to seek clarification on what eBay policy is on removing negative feedback if an item is undelivered or late as a result of the postal service.

It's over 5 weeks later and Royal Mail are still dragging their heals in investigating what happened. Uber-efficient.

Really interesting to hear ebay will remove negative feedback where you have agreed to refund. This explains why millionsoftoys managed to get my negative feedback removed. This is alarming as they had used deception in their listing and when I complained they tried wriggling and denying until eventually agreeing to refund. I left -ve about the decption and they had the ****er removed. Apparently, if you're a lying twat it's fine if you just refund people.

evangrandi25 sounds like a lowlife piece of ****. Post his full name up here, will you. Chances are he's lurking on the more unpleasant FB groups, too.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Of course, there's always the revenge option....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Jawa-Blaster-with-bump-/122607126729

mumbo

Sith Lord
Pretty sure I've just seen his name on Echo vintage.

Sorry to say but you made a big mistake refunding him should have made him go through the official channels and open an item not received case.

If it were me I'd be outing him on Echo too although not sure how active he is but he sounds like a **** so best let people know. Have a feeling you may need to post it on the official ebay watch out thread, be sure to tag him!

Good luck and I hope you can get it resolved

mumbo

Sith Lord
Echo vintage

Attachments

• IMG_0477.PNG
    IMG_0477.PNG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,800

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
mumbo said:

Sorry to say but you made a big mistake refunding him should have made him go through the official channels and open an item not received case.

If it were me I'd be outing him on Echo too although not sure how active he is but he sounds like a **** so best let people know. Have a feeling you may need to post it on the official ebay watch out thread, be sure to tag him!

Royal Mail have finally sent confirmation of the refund. Cheque in the post.

Pretty new to forums. Excuse my ignorance. What is Echo Vintage?

Lindo

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
mumbo said:

Royal Mail have finally sent confirmation of the refund. Cheque in the post.

Pretty new to forums. Excuse my ignorance. What is Echo Vintage?
echo vintage is a wank group on that wank thing you call facebook

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom