price for Darth Vader signed by cast helmet

Robert

Youngling
i have a boxed Darth Vader Helmet signed, brought in USA for $10,000, looking at selling , but would like to know what a good price for me and the buyer is, it has provenance with it, I just edited the amount purchased for from 30 to 10, just noticed the error.

MarkG

Jedi Master
$30,000 !! Bit low for a screen used and way too much for a fan made.

What is the provenance of it ???
Who signed it???

Photos will help a great deal too.

Robert

Youngling
Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Hayden Christensen, Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, George Lucas, James Earl Jones, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson,Keira Knightly, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Ray Park

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_3901.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 968
  • IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 965

av6

Jedi Knight
I hate to be the one to piss on your chips, but those signatures are forgeries. Worthless.

Robert

Youngling
what makes them a forgery, as i will advise my cousin to return them to LA and get there money back. Are you a dealer by any chance on the hope to dupe a sap into parting with this on the cheap, i just double checked with the shop etc and all seems ok, any facts to help change this will help with any further dealings we have to do with the shop, if you are correct.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Helmet is a cheap plastic Don Post version worth £20 tops... signatures (if real) nowhere near worth the other 9000+.

If fake as already mentioned it's worth zip.. sadly it's easy to print off a COA and get suckered into spending loads of cash.

av6

Jedi Knight
I'm not a dealer myself, but spent many years collecting Star Wars autographs. The signatures on that helmet are 100% fake. That James Earl Jones signature is just awful. As for COA's. They're just complete nonsense and waste of time.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Robert said:
what makes them a forgery, as i will advise my cousin to return them to LA and get there money back. Are you a dealer by any chance on the hope to dupe a sap into parting with this on the cheap, i just double checked with the shop etc and all seems ok, any facts to help change this will help with any further dealings we have to do with the shop, if you are correct.

Sorry to hear that this looks to be fake Robert but I would listen really carefully to advise on here from long standing members as generally people who give their opinions on here come from many years of research and knowledge. There have been so many shady things that have happened with vintage Star Wars collecting over the years and I know I would have been caught out on more than one occasion if I'd not listened to peoples advise on here. It takes years of dedication to the hobby to get the level of knowledge that a lot of members have here and everyone seems to specialize in their own area so it's an incredible cross section of the vintage world. If people make a mistake and give the wrong fact about something there's always someone here who will put them right in a friendly way, it's what makes this place so important and amazing to be part of.

It does sound like this helmet isn't what it appears to be but I'm sure you will hear a few more thoughts on it and hopefully something can be done about it as it's never nice to pay for something that it's not and we're all here to help each other out with this sort of thing. We all love the hobby and hate the people who are just trying to cash in on it.

Ian

Robert

Youngling
thanks again for all the advice, i will talk with my cousin, it seems strange to think they might have been caught out so easily from a shop in LA, will get it checked and if so will get them to return it there.

av6

Jedi Knight
Do a little bit of research before buying anything like this man. It sounds great that all the big names are on there and comes with a COA, its Star Wars, etc, etc......

There are so many things wrong in the deal that I can't explain without going into real detail.

Bottom line is.... Don't even go there. Shame is, some other poor ****er will get taken on,

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Holy ****. $10,000 for that - even if the sigs were legit is daylight robbery.

So many scams and thieves in this hobby...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom