Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Palifan

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Palifan said:
edd_jedi said:
I assume this wasn't answered because it's a theory at the moment, nobody can 100% guarantee anything.

Does anyone have a legit one with the lettering joined up like this?

It would be great if all the suspected fake ones did have this joined up lettering as it would make them easy to spot. I'm sure there will be other fakes without this joined up lettering but maybe this could be a way of identifying a certain percentage of them.

Ian

It's a thing thats under close investigation at the moment so please regard this point as "pending"

Thanks Frank, let's hope there are some simple ways to spot these things, it may at least add a little light to this whole thing.

Ian

Commander Clint

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
Yes Kenner did sell Super Powers baggies, what makes it worse is they were not sealed.

Thankfully they are a different size to Star Wars baggies, but you do occasionally see Star Wars figures resealed in them

So no Kenner baggies are not 100% safe if you don't know what to look for.

Thanks Edd. I did buy my nephew one similar to the one you showed for Christmas from a seller in the US. It looked good to me, when I had it in hand. But with all the new information that has come out, I might have to have another look at it, just in case. And I'll have a look at any others he has. I don't want him to get stung with a fake.

Can anyone that has gone to farthest from, remember seen any other Kenner toy lines in his stall?

Edit, I don't want to be naive and think this is contained to vintage Kenner SW.

momike

Jedi Master
That fett Baggie was not fine as the sellers states it had been glued/repaired other than that I would agree with frank in that it looks legit, pic is not the best with the flash though

I think it's best we consentrate on the matter at hand which is jeff and the fakes that have been coming from him

Palifan the pictures I posted of the fake baggies and the questionable baggies is just opinion, as stated I can't find any others like these in franks guide, on the net or in old RS threads etc with these traits....the sw-a, b and d are definite fakes and there is no denying they share all the same traits with the questionable ones jeff has been selling that I can not find on any of the originals, as stated it's just my opinion but I stand by the fact I think they have come from the same source as there is just to many red flags in common when compared to the definite fakes

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Apologies, appreciate it's had a bit of tinkering but happy it's legit. Didn't want to distract from the investigation but if it was a fake I would have chased back and tried to determine where it had originated.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Dannywhiteley said:
Frunkstar said:
Dannywhiteley said:
What do you make of this Frank?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/112188030698

it''s fine

Frank, sorry to come back to this but what convinces you that it's definitely fine?

Check my guide in the reference section it's shown on there, link is below in my sig on this post

kevlad

Youngling
fake bossk mailer

Here is the Fake Bossk mailer i bought from Jeff on 23/09/2015 as soon as i received it i knew it was not right the mailer was far to crisp and clean the label print was not right either, also i weigh my mailers its my thing so as soon as i put the box on the scales knew it was far too light to be original the cardboard was too thin the flyer bio was also wrong on paper that was far to thin also it was not the only fake Bossk mailer he had sold which his email states they came from the same source.

i had a conversation with Frank and Steve at UKG as you can see from the attachments as well as contacting Jeff i have attached his reply .

the bossk baggie was authentic i found no issue with that or the catalogue

Attachments

• SAM_8891.JPG
    SAM_8891.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 632
  • SAM_3262.JPG
    SAM_3262.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 630
  • SAM_3261.JPG
    SAM_3261.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 626
  • SAM_3264.JPG
    SAM_3264.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 633
  • SAM_3266.JPG
    SAM_3266.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 629

kevlad

Youngling
Richard_H said:
Weighing mailers is good advice. What is the weight of a genuine one for those to compare?

empty bossk mailer approx 15grams

Attachments

• SAM_3267.JPG
    SAM_3267.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 606

momike

Jedi Master
He also sold me one of these, was far to good to be true and you could smell the fresh Adhesive (yes I like sniffing vintage cardboard lol) gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 573

kevlad

Youngling
the Fake ESB a & sw a leias

Attachments

• SAM_8472 (2).JPG
    SAM_8472 (2).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 912
  • SAM_8476.JPG
    SAM_8476.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 913
  • SAM_3270.JPG
    SAM_3270.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 911
  • SAM_3271.JPG
    SAM_3271.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 911

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Some 100% confirmed fake Palitoy POTF baggies all tracing back to Jeff, all bought by the same buyer who is a member on the baggie group on ebay, but not a member on here, now these are high value baggie or would be if legitimate examples, we are talking about a huge sum of money in these alone & all from the same unsuspecting buyer.

First though some screen grabs of emails between myself & Jeff going all the way back to 2013 where I was discussing them with him & confirming about the bag types palitoy POTF figures came in, so he was fully aware of the only genuine confirmed types over 3 years ago & quite obvious why not a single one of these were ever offered to me his quote really good friend even though I have several emails dating back many years asking that if he ever did come across any I would love to have the chance of buying them.

A wing conformation.png

First one is of me saying what a nice baggie he had in the genuine A-wing POTF palitoy-i baggie & asking about buying it from him

A wing pic.png

Photo of the one in question, note the date again 2013

A wing pilot baggoe Palitoy-i conformation.png

Jeff asking me for conformation it is indeed the correct known baggie type for the figure

POTF baggies.png

Me then confirming & giving a little background about where they came from & so on & saying I would send it to UKG after checking it myself to confirm tape seal etc, I bought this from Jeff back in 2013 & it's the only POTF palitoy baggies I was ever offered from Jeff, it checked out & was legit, I also sent it in for grading & it was further authenticated & graded by UK Graders, so in essence - Jeff has had real examples in hand & knows what they are, which baggie they come in & what to look out for as I had also spoken to him at length about the billy boy scandal & his fakes & what to look out for I also sent him the below link so he could read up on the matter further, all way back in 2013 -

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002222&highlight=Bill+Rodgers

POTF types conformation Todd D etc.png

Conformation of that here in the above screenshot

I will add all the images of the POTF baggie in question from Jeff (sold recently) in the next post below

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom