I have an original Hans Solo Carbonite figure from the movie set,

Stuart7918

Youngling
Hello

I have a completely original Hans Solo in Carbonite from the Leavesden set.

I would like to get it restored and/or sell it

It was legally purchased in 2002, it's still in England, and it has good provenance (affidavits and letters)

I have taken some amateur pictures I am happy to send or post, it's not a copy, limited edition, it's the real thing looking for a proper home and someone to restore him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 3,439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 3,431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 3,445

itfciain

Grand Master
Your best bet might be someone like Jason Joiner if you are looking for a private sale. However, if you have the provenience then I would approach one of the auction houses or Prop Store as this would fetch an amazing amount of money if real

Stuart7918

Youngling
Thanks for the response, I have no idea what it's worth, but it is totally authentic, just a bit damaged (fingers and throat ) and the back is rotten and needs replacing. Do you have any idea of value. I've only seen the US Copies - and they vary in price so much !

itfciain

Grand Master
Putting a price on something like this would be almost impossible in the current market - if it turned out to be the real deal - I have messaged one of the guys over here as he has far more experience with props that I do - I would think that the most important thing here would be all of the paperwork - if that is in order then this could be a very interesting thread :D

Stuart7918

Youngling
Paperwork is limited but absolutely legit. Originates from Hertfordshire Film Link - who ran chunks of Leavesden Studios before during and after the movie was shot. !

All information can be validated - but - I've never seen an original for sale - so can't guess at the value.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Amazing piece! Looks like the real deal. The value may depend on a few things like: Is it really a genuine production piece? How many were made? Was this one screen used? Etc. There was that original Tie Fighter Pilot helmet that Prop Store valued at 50k not so long ago. I don't know what this is worth but if genuine it could be thousands.

Stuart7918

Youngling
Robstyley said:
Amazing piece! Looks like the real deal. The value may depend on a few things like: Is it really a genuine production piece? How many were made? Was this one screen used? Etc. There was that original Tie Fighter Pilot helmet that Prop Store valued at 50k not so long ago. I don't know what this is worth but if genuine it could be thousands.

Thanks Rob

Who do you think I should make contact with to get Hans out of a lock up in Hertfordshire (near the studios ) and get him fixed up, and into a new home. I can't eBay, I am working in Australia now and am inundated with "dodgy brokers" all I want to do is sell an original studio piece, that I guess is in pretty short supply. I understood that the model makers only made half a dozen of these, some which beeped and flashed, and a couple that didn't because they were the full face shots. It's one of those that I have!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Holy cow. What an incredible piece. As Iain has already suggested someone like JJ would be the man to speak to. I would recommend speaking to a number of people, though. Contact The Prop Store in London for sure and, also, Christies in London who have some very well publicised movie orientated sales which attract worldwide coverage.

I suggest you don't accept the first offer. I don't know what this could achieve, but if it appeared on screen you have to be talking up towards 6 figures, if not beyond. And even if not, you're well into 5 figures. Provenance will have to be very, very good, though.

Can't believe there's pieces like this still in the wild. Incredible. Thanks for coming on here with it.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I actually work in Hertfordshire, and live in Luton :D

I have posted a thread with a link to this on the RPF (replica prop forum)' for more info as there are loads of builders over there.

My opinion (i havent studied HIC a lot mind) is that this may not be screen used for production purposes, but is a possible first generatiin cast from the screen used one. This is my own thought but lets see what the RPF have to say. Unfortunately, the paperwork/provenance has to be from someone with a direct link to the film, and auction houses made many errors in the past. 2002 was in the SW boom years, and people put their name to and forged anything to make an extra few quid. Im not saying its not real, because i really hope it is, but this would be one of the most interesting finds after the guy who found a screen used ANH trooper costume in his loft which was given to him by a friend of his parents who had worked on the movie.

Lee

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Here is the prop in LF archives.

Attachments

• lucasfilm-archive_fett_HIC.jpg
    lucasfilm-archive_fett_HIC.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,269

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Another pic.Im just trying to do som match ups.

Attachments

• Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg
    Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 3,257

ace

Jedi Knight
from these photos its the limited edition product rare but not screen used :-( sorry guys

jason

indianawars

Sith Lord
Really cool, but I'm not 100% convinced after trying to do some match ups, but it could be the lighting. Perhaps a picture of his feet might also shed some clues.

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
_Lee_ said:
I actually work in Hertfordshire, and live in Luton :D

I have posted a thread with a link to this on the RPF (replica prop forum)' for more info as there are loads of builders over there.

My opinion (i havent studied HIC a lot mind) is that this may not be screen used for production purposes, but is a possible first generatiin cast from the screen used one. This is my own thought but lets see what the RPF have to say. Unfortunately, the paperwork/provenance has to be from someone with a direct link to the film, and auction houses made many errors in the past. 2002 was in the SW boom years, and people put their name to and forged anything to make an extra few quid. Im not saying its not real, because i really hope it is, but this would be one of the most interesting finds after the guy who found a screen used ANH trooper costume in his loft which was given to him by a friend of his parents who had worked on the movie.

Lee

It's a big WOW if it's the real deal but a nice change to see somebody not just post but actually reply.
Do you have a link to the above find? Please.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
ace said:
from these photos its the limited edition product rare but not screen used :-( sorry guys

jason

Bummer :(

Still, very cool piece, even if damaged and the LE. No idea of value, though.

Stuart7918

Youngling
Thanks Jason- this is very helpful. I will put up pictures of feet and hands.

Jason, I know for certain it's from the movie as it was sold directly to me by the Hertfordshire Film Link people who ran the Studio Complex from whom we have the signed original document) as part of a lot of other studio detritus - probably because the hand was damaged - the Leavesden people evidently put it into a remote shed with other props - they sold the entire contents to me with non Star Wars related items.

Being a big fan I kept it (unwrapped and unprotected) until I had time to fix it, which thankfully I haven't done yet

The back of the piece is made of wood (quite rotten through age ) but entirely original , my guess is that the replicas are rather more clean and tidy than this - which I suspect was used for one of the full face / body front shots, as there are no lights to the sides.

The screws and fixings are just not "licensed copy" quality - it's definitely original

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 1,061

Stuart7918

Youngling
image.jpeg
f
image.jpeg

Stuart7918 said:
Thanks Jason- this is very helpful. I will put up pictures of feet and hands.

Jason, I know for certain it's from the movie as it was sold directly to me by the Hertfordshire Film Link people who ran the Studio Complex from whom we have the signed original document) as part of a lot of other studio detritus - probably because the hand was damaged - the Leavesden people evidently put it into a remote shed with other props - they sold the entire contents to me with non Star Wars related items.

Being a big fan I kept it (unwrapped and unprotected) until I had time to fix it, which thankfully I haven't done yet

The back of the piece is made of wood (quite rotten through age ) but entirely original , my guess is that the replicas are rather more clean and tidy than this - which I suspect was used for one of the full face / body front shots, as there are no lights to the sides.

The screws and fixings are just not "licensed copy" quality - it's definitely original

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,062
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom