Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
**** yeah- be nice to have new information.

I have loads of questions i'd like to give over time about vintage star wars OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Ace, I think you should pay a visit to your Star Wars storage place and photograph as many of the weird variants as possible. It won't stop people saying you were up to no good in the past, but it will entertain the rest of us.

Come on Ace, lets see a showcase to end all showcases!

I really don't think anyone will ever believe that you have a genuine Palitoy Vinyl Caped Jawa, if i was you i'd just open it up, send me the card back and sell the figure loose on ebay. Just make sure you you do a zip test and take a photo of the cape next to an Obi Wan Cape so people can see the colour and will know it is a genuine VCJ!

ace said:
joe just had a look at your web site again nice job and you have put a lot of time into that i can see , i can also see you have a passion for the hobby thats cool but i am not what you think i am mate but in time maybe you will see that , anyway moving on to a interesting thing and you may know

about 15 years a go i bought a lot of cards in and in there there was a what you call on your site "TYPE: HYBRID TRILOGOS" it was a walrus man but its head was not dark it was light green , now at the time i thought it was just doggy plastic ? but then i looked and the hands and they were also very light green also ? so i kept it like o did back then , i am shore it was what you call the Hybrid card its 100% sealed on the card and the head is light green plastic and the hands are light green paint so do you know what this is or again it the a first ?

sorry you know i have not kept up to date on al thats been found but i alwase wanted to know and wondered if you did now ?

talk soon

jason

ace

Jedi Knight
paulcalf said:
Just in case anyone thinks I support U grading I don't, it is wrong.

I think Ace should carry on posting on here, he has great old school knowledge, regardless of what has or hasn't happened in the past.

thank you for the kind words , its ok i expected a tuff few days but as i have said i really do not have anything to hide so its not stressful or anything like that its just a little odd as i remember things quite well even thought it was a long time ago , but that history back then seems to not have been kept , its very interesting , dose anyone know about the Kenner/Tonka sale in colvile lester in the 1990s ? has anyone recorded this stuff or has talked about this ? dose anyone even know of Geoff's Toys ? or the 25,000 German card back figure hall from 1989 ? are these things anyone on here knows about ? i thought someone would know of that stuff ? do let me know ? if not wow i must be old :-( ok everyone i am 43 saw star wars in 1977 as Gary Kurtz told me i was his target audience, i told him back this is all his fault, he smiled :) , anyway one last thing and do not shout at me whats "U grading" sorry i am new here :-\

Richard_H

Grand Master
U grading is a hobby practised by twats whereby they send carded figures to AFA who will open them and grade the figure U and then a number. U stands for uncirculated.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I did not use the word 'Pleb', I think i'm being fitted up here. If you look at my post you will see it has been tampered with.

Someone is going to pay for this, now just open that f ing gate Joe Fo!

Joe said:
paulcalf said:
Can one of 'Ace' or Jason joiners mates post some pics up for the rest of us plebs then please.

Lol@Plebs :lol:

ace

Jedi Knight
tiefighterboy said:
Welcome to the forum Jason. This is not RS and you are welcome here.....as long as you behave....well most of the time. :wink:

thank for the welcome.

well the last time i was on RS i was banned :)

i will tell you another story if you want to here it :)

the Kurtz\Joiner Archive printed a trooper limited print , as as such we used a image that Gary took back in 1976 on the set it was unpublished and had never been seen before , we own this image along with around 55.000 other unpunished images , well we are with our right to go to print and to retail this as we own it , Ben at Official Picks was a little unhappy that we printed this , and then found a print and put out that what we had was not unreleased and that they was also going to print the image , a bit of a pissing competition really anyway when i looked at the image it was taken the slid before mine , my slid had on in i think May 76 12 he had the image before number 11 a tiny bit different , so i pointed that out and also pointed out that the image that he was using was also Garys image , i think it went back to LFL and it was all fine and it was agreed we had the rights to us the image and to publish, the next day the tread was wiped and i was banned and i was informed it was not aloud to promote none LFL product on the RS forums and as such i was also banned :)

so all the other unofficial sites promoted that we have this really cool print signed by 18 i think and where fans could by it from

and no before anyone says anything its not bootleg we own the rights Gary kurtz was vice president of LFL till 1981 and he has right over the things he produces and as the photographer he owns the rights to all his images on the films he was involved with.

so there you go another story

funny i feel i should be sitting in bar telling these ones :)

j

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
8369349060_b8e04fe14a_m.jpg

The proper use of a Frito bag. by James D Rucker, on Flickr

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
It would be interesting (to me at least) if you did a list of key dates and key finds of SW goodies.

Like the 25,000 german card haul or the Palitoy factory sell off etc

I always wondered where all the carded stuff came from. I'm sure a few people bought things and didn't open them as kids/adults, but there seems to be shed loads of carded and boxed stuff around.

The only scenario I remember like that was when my friend picked up loads of boxed mini rigs and carded figures on the cheap. Toy shops across the midlands were getting rid of stuff when SW was less popular.

The only thing I managed to pick up was a shipping case full of Politoy Vinyl Caped Jawas, i suppose i should really get them out of my mum's attic. Oh ****, she has moved house.................

ace said:

thank you for the kind words , its ok i expected a tuff few days but as i have said i really do not have anything to hide so its not stressful or anything like that its just a little odd as i remember things quite well even thought it was a long time ago , but that history back then seems to not have been kept , its very interesting , dose anyone know about the Kenner/Tonka sale in colvile lester in the 1990s ? has anyone recorded this stuff or has talked about this ? dose anyone even know of Geoff's Toys ? or the 25,000 German card back figure hall from 1989 ? are these things anyone on here knows about ? i thought someone would know of that stuff ? do let me know ? if not wow i must be old :-( ok everyone i am 43 saw star wars in 1977 as Gary Kurtz told me i was his target audience, i told him back this is all his fault, he smiled :) , anyway one last thing and do not shout at me whats "U grading" sorry i am new here :-\[/quote]

ace

Jedi Knight
so we tried to keep as many carded figures in good shape and look after them for decades fro these twats to open them up and say they are mint opened figures WOW

i am sorry i am lost for words , your world it just not right , sorry thats sacrilege i just never even thought of people doing that lazy twats they should have gone out and hunted down minty mint figures that are loos if they wanted to do that , sorry its just crazy

no one on here dose that do they ?

wow going off to think about that one , thats just very sad.

you know that these stuff was not made to last , you guys are trying all your best to keep these stuff in good shape but you know what there is now shore way to guarantee they will last over time .

papers degrades glue soffens bubles weeken and go brown , there is not shorue way that in 50 years time any of them will still be carded.

i am a historian and we restore all sorts of things to help presver them , latex monster heads are the worst , we own bossk yoda snaggle tooth and more and they are so fragile and we try to look after them but they are old and they were never made to last just do the job on the film set and then be chuched away , but be warned figures may not last and maybe some countries figers may last better than others dew to climet ? so in the end they could all be rare so as many of them that are looked after the better , but opening them to get a mint figure that just not right

wow

theslider

Sith Lord
ace said:
ok i know some of you will not believe without seeing so i have had a quick dig a round and here is something you may not have seen before.

Sand Person with brown nose on Palitoy card
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317675294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

Jawa inside a R2 D2 bubble on Palitoy card
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317925294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

mixed rare things
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317315294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

i hope some of you enjoy these images Jason :)

ps sorry i have no idea how to put up a photo on here , this really is not my thing sorry guys forums arrrrr

J

This content is unavailable!

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I'd nominate this for thread of the year but it started in 2012. (And there's no such thing as thread of the year)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom