Comprehensive Guide to Baggies

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Wallrusman (Wally) - one for you JC

IMAG1750_zpsbe936fb1_1.jpg

Palitoy-a Dark limbs extra bright pink tusks - photo provided by a friend EDIT: 26/1/15 was returned & regard as unconfirmed as it had a poor tape seal which was in question sadly, see below confirmed example of a Palitoy-a

image1_zps6f23db4a_1.jpg

Palitoy-a Confirmed, Photo Courtesy OF Snaggletooth

Euro-b Wally Andrew Neo.jpg

Euro-a (white Tusks) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7755.jpg

Euro-e/A

IMGP7693.jpg

SW-c

IMGP7294.jpg

Sw-e (see greedo for text/font type)

IMGP5730_zpsd549c2f2.jpg

SW-e Factory error (no text), baggie & seal type as well as the figure coo/paint apps are a perfect match, so I can only assume this bag did not have any print at the time of being packed, maybe just cut in between prints, or so.

DSC_0534%202_zpslt0oto2y.jpg

SW-e - Vertical font NEW ADDITION 31/1/17 PHOTO COURTESY OF RobbieZombbie

ESB-d Wally Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-d - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP5724_zps07ca55b1.jpg

Euro-g - previous info pre reclassification below -

Previously considered to be ESB-h, but under further investigation along with a few similar baggies which I am convinced are actually a new (unclassified to date) baggie type with euro origins, note how small the bag is compared to the normal ESB-h style with the figure diagonally placed in the bag due to the baggie dimensions, also worth nothing the figure is the wrong era for the ESB era baggie type & no "confirmed authentic" ecamples of this figure have ever turned up, but a couple of fake ones have

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Wicket

IMGP0188.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP0160.jpg

ROTJ-h

IMGP9605.jpg

ROTJ-h/B? Alternated Heatseal & the only baggie to date to have ever been found with this heat seal type, CONFIRMED with several examples from around the world all having come in multipacks

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Yoda

IMGP8952.jpg

Palitoy-i -

IMGP0093_zpsq3lbysxt.jpg

Palitoy-i / Meccano - red sticker same as the above but with the inclusion of the Meccano red sticker (free figure offer) - open ended baggie (unsealed)

Narayan_-_Palitoy-m.jpg

Palitoy-m Photo Courtesy of Narayan

IMGP9204.jpg

ESB-a - 2nd issue - (Brown Snake)

ESB-a Yoda Brown Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-a 1sy issue - Brown Snake - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP8853.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue - (Green Snake) sometimes found with Lili Ledy accessories - CORRECTION - sometimes found with Ejector pin marks on accessories - false alarm erm sorry! :oops: & specific to the ESB Yellow 6 pack

IMGP9205.jpg

ESB-a - 2nd issue - (Orange Snake)

IMGP9206.jpg

ESB-c (brown Snake)

ESB-c Orange Snake Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c (Orange Snake) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP1824.jpg

ESB-e

IMGP5586_zps7109bc73.jpg

ESB-f (Brown Snake)

IMGP0072.jpg

ESB-g

IMGP9306_zpssfzqwjoe.jpg

ESB-i

IMGP5502_zps77f4d57b.jpg

ROTJ-f Hybrid - Black eyes figure with Orange snake

IMGP0228_zps3xifbvsz.jpg

Euro-j

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Zukuss

IMGP9879_zpshozc4h7f.jpg

Palitoy-U - Photo Courtesy of Laurence Dyer

Franck Euro-a 3.jpg

Euro-a & the only example to have ever surfaced in a recent find tracing back to a Meccano employee - Courtesy of Dorothée Drouin Franck Gada

ESB-d Zucuss Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-d - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ESB-g large font Zuckuss Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-g (Large Font) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Lumat

Yes I know its not in the correct order, but I only just got my first Lumat baggie & the final one I needed for a full run of Kenner issued figure baggies :p

IMGP5725_zpsfe2d8ec2.jpg

ESB-h or at least it's always been said to be, going back to look at one in close detail it struck me just how small the baggie is, it's a lot smaller than a regular ESB-h baggie & more in line size wise with the Euro-g baggies, but we know this was Kenner issued in MP's, so this opens up the door to the question - did ESB-h baggies come in different sizes for smaller figures, obviously the coo's for this figure are of no help, could it be the Euro-g were sent to kenner USA as well as to European vendors?

ROTJ-k Lumat Andrew Neo.jpg

IMGP8374_zpsc7d17ccf.jpg

ROTJ-k & from what I know (to date) the only figure to have ever surfaced in this baggie type, reverse shown for the unusual tape type.

IMGP6710_zpsaeda27eb.jpg

ROTJ-l - I have had to make a new classification for this kenner issue baggies as although it is shown on the SWCA guide in the rarity section, it has not been given a classification on that guide, so this is a new baggie classification.

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Other Known Baggies

IMAG1715_zpsb98f31b6.jpg

Stormtrooper Blaster Baggie (heat sealed) - this is one that came in the early issued SW-b & D baggies with the stromtrooper (see stormtrooper baggies) & this is one from a damaged baggie, the blaster is slightly translucent, it has now been confirmed these have also been found in the earliest issued ESB era baggies ( ESB-a 1st issue )

IMGP7717.jpg

Removable limbs C3P0 net baggie (tape sealed) again one from a damaged baggie

IMGP7662.jpg

Palitoy Survival kit baggie

IMGP5742_zps4b92f8a2.jpg

SAM_8829_zpsd6k1mauh.jpg

Rebel transporter accessories baggie & photo of box outer offer sticker PHOTO OF BOX OUTER COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

IMGP7750.jpg

Jabba's pipe & bowl set baggie

IMGP6303.jpg

Salacious crumb - Made in Hong Kong Black font

SAM_8563_zpsyoeykaxq.jpg

Photo of 3 Salacious Crumb baggie with various minor text variation, noted by Kevin Bletsoe PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

SAM_8652_zpsssjyrnys.jpg

Salacious Crumb alternate large bag type, shown next to standard type PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

_57%204_zpso0y591sp.jpg

& Yet another Salacious Crumb Baggie that's turned up, sealed at either side IE Text vertical rather than horizontal, crumbs there are too many crumbs :? PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

IMGP6247.jpg

Droopy McCool, tri logo no Text baggie

IMGP6251.jpg

Max Rebo - tri logo Version - No Text - Baggie type to be allocated

IMGP6243.jpg

Sy Snootles Tri logo no text Version - No Text - Baggie type to be allocated

IMGP6132.jpg

Rebo keyboard & instruments kenner Version - no text

SAM_6216_zpspmwvj9xc.jpg

SAM_6218_zpsy9zsetoh.jpg

Tri logo Rebo band outer baggie, with all three figure & piano bag inside, I found it quite odd that the large outer baggie sports the Black Made in Hong Kong font, whereas the inner baggies are all no text (just to further complicate matters lol) PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe

IMGP8915.jpg

Probot Droid version 1 & the ONLY VERSION I can confirm 100% legit - No Text heat sealed

See fakes section ( Page 8 ) for the other examples

ESB-a

YeoR2_zps283fb9b5.jpg

Takara wind up R2-D2 available in counter top display boxes in Japan - PHOTO COURTESY OF MARK YEO

lukebenmiscardfront_zps3bc4feb7.jpg

Packing Error MOC Tri Logo Ben, with Luke Jedi baggie inside the bubble (Green Saber/Palitoy-a baggie), must have been one of those days at the office eh :lol: PHOTO COURTESY OF SHAWN_K

_12%206_zpst8ftpwel.jpg

Hoth Wampa, to date I have seen this crop up in 3 baggie types, but can only confirm one as legit so far that being the one with text Made In Hong Kong photo taken from an ebay listing, then these other examples below provided by Kevin Bletsoe

SAM_6199_zpsvojicob5.jpg

SAM_6193_zpsdlf3eqx6.jpg

SAM_6206_zpsrz9iyde4.jpg

New addition 2/6/15 what is speculated to be spray mask test sample Hoth Wampas, PHOTO & INFO COURTESY OF KEVIN BLETSOE

Kev%20Wampas_zpsyurzmlgr.jpg

1. no paint at all on eyes mouth hands claws
2. left hand painted, right palm and claws no paint
3.both palms painted no claws painted
4. no claws painted flat matt coloured eyes
5. both palms and claws unpainted
6. both palms painted, no claws painted
7. no claws painted,flat matt eyes , uneven eye paint
8. claws painted light coloured greeny/brown , palms painted, eyes and mouth uneven partially painted

These further 8 examples to be added soon as I get the photos -

9. light grey eyes and mouth
10. no paint on both claws /left hand painted (circles)
11. both claws unpainted
12. dark brown painted claws
13. no eye/mouth claws painted no palm paint left palm
14.dull matt eye paint primer evident unpainted left claws
15. light pink/peach coloured claws
16. dark grey matte eyes & mouth /unpainted claws & palms

andy%20r%20-%20ask_zps9lbsdxef.jpg

Aftermarket Store Made up multi figure baggie technically not an official release as the title would suggest, this kind of pack was made up by some stores to try to move dead stock that was not selling at the end of the toy line, much like the woolies 8 packs, but made up in store, an interesting item all the same IMO & worthy of inclusion. PHOTO COURTESY OF - Andy Raymond

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
PART 2 SINGLE FIGURE MAILERS

In this section I hope to do what little I can to further the understanding of the single figure mail away/mailer promotions which were the only way 3'3/4" figures were available as a mail in offer outside of the U.S (as far as I am aware that is), this will obviously include the other European countries a little further down.

These were as a rule, offered as free figures when you send in so many proof of purchases or at least were here in the UK when you send in X number of figure nameplates from the front of the carded figures you bought or later in the "Bounty Hunter offer" with vehicle POP's, hence so many cardbacks are in circulation missing the nameplates from there fronts & even MOC figures with the pop's removed, I would like to give huge thanks at this point to Mike (Momike) & ShawnK for all the information that's already out there thanks to them & the photos of a lot of the Mailers that Mike has provided me via email.

Single figure mailers were available in the U.K Australia & in the U.S (also in Holland / Spain / Italy new info), I think they were also available is some other countries, but to date I have no knowledge of if & where (updated above), so if you can help, again that would be great, so please do get in touch.

Some figures were country specific from what I know so far, like the Rancor Keeper & Dengar which were only available here in the UK (now known to be also offered elsewhere), as a child I vividly remember getting a Dengar mail away, as A - I remember not wanting to cut my cards down for the nameplates & B - what really makes me remember it is that I used to go over to Germany for my summer holidays to visit my family there & also my childhood friends who were all in to the SW toys, I got my Dengar in hand just prior to going & proudly took it there with me to show off, well when I got there my friends were all suitably unimpressed & proceed to frogmarch me to the nearest toy shop where I was rather shocked to see row upon row of carded Dengars, he was the most common carded figure currently available there & very much a peg warmer :lol: - he was not on general release in the U.K at that time with it being on the mail in card front offer, see the promo add below which has to date never been found in flyer form like the Rancor keeper & Emperor ones & only available as an advert frond in comic books etc.

palitoy-dengar_zps084c0def.jpg

From speaking to Mike I have the impression that there was an offer right toward the end of the toy line in the ROTJ era that had a promotion where you could choose which figure you would like to receive out of a choice of 6 figures, sadly I have to date not found as much as one scrap of information regarding this offer, so if you know anything at all about this offer, please do get in touch so some more can be added to this guide.

Additional to the above re ROTJ era offer - now confirmed by a single small slip of paper that the offer did in fact exist (see Admiral Ackbar mailer in the Palitoy mailer section for details).

Sadly there is from what I have found so far, not one confirmed example of a sealed palitoy mailer out there for Dengar (since found X 3 examples)/Boba Fett or the Rancor Keeper (since found at least 2 examples) or for that matter even a confirmed open example that can be looked at to confirm exactly which baggies or mailer box were used for these 3 figures (since confirmed), so for now at least a lot of the information regarding those 3 is speculation, so again if you have either a sealed mailer for one of these or have any information regarding them it would be greatly appreciated.

As with the first page of this guide, this post will be under construction throughout & constantly a work in progress

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Palitoy Issued Mailers Country of origin U.K

Palitoy mailers came as a plain white box with just the recipients address label & a bagged figure, no catalogs & paperwork like their Kenner counterparts, each country had its own mail away issued figures & some were issued in several.

Funny as it may sound with the figures/mailers abundance, I have to date not come across a Palitoy issued Emperor mailer :? same with a Boba Fett, so sadly no photos for you on those 2 :( Now found & included both Fett & Emperor Palitoy mailers below :)

IMGP2141.JPG

Survival kit - the early iddued Palitoy SK mailers came with kenner baggies & were later changed to the Palitoy versions which did not have the Blue Box Kenner logo on them, similar to the Toltoys 4-Lom being issued in a kenner baggie, assumed due to the fact production of euro baggies had not yet stared when these earlier offers were available, later issue above with Palitoy baggie.

PHOTO COURTESY OF MOMIKE

Ackbar Palitoy mailer 1983 - Copy_zpslxfamj5w.jpg

ROTJ era? AA mailer with offer note - photo courtesy of theguiltyone Palitoy-b baggie

IMGP8703_zpskzluo0xe.jpg

Admiral Ackbar Overstock mailer Palitoy-b baggie

anakin mailer 2.jpg

Anakin - The Anakin was an offer that went ahead in the States, but from what any of us can gather it never actually got as far as being offered up as a mail away promotion either here in the UK or In Australia, all the stock would seem to have been made & packed ready for the promotion to go ahead, yet (speculation) it would seem that due to the decline of the toy line through the POTF era they never actually got as far as doing the Anakin promotion outside of the U.S.

Not one addressed example of this mailer has ever turned up either in the UK or in Australia, no flyers/cardbacks stickers or wraparounds - nothing a total blank canvas, though we do know that the mailers have turned up sealed as overstock in the UK directly from Palitoy & also as overstock/dead stock in Australia.

So in short it being labeled as TT's is no more wrong or right than it being labeled Palitoy, IMO they should be labeled as neither, but just graded as non kenner overstock Anakin mailers.

If anyone has any further information regarding these I would really appreciate it

IMGP0038_zpskigncq9h.jpg

Boba Fett - EDIT Palitoy fett mailer photo now included with what is "considered" to be the correct combination of baggie & box I think for the ROTJ era promotion (overstock box - no addressee), as for the flyer, I had it included in the case for asthetics as a plain white box is not much to look at, no flyer was included with the palitoy issued ones, but there is still speculation the jedi era promotion fett "could have" come with a different box size & possibly even a different baggie type - mine field!

IMGP1293(1).jpg

New evidence as of 15.11.20 -

Boba Fett SW/ESB era 1st issue The 1st issue mail in offer fetts have now been confirmed to have been issued with the kenner ESB-a (1st issue) baggie, again just the box & baggie (no flyer or paperwork), but this was not the 1st one to actually be issued, it was the 1st the be mailed out, BUT! - there was an even earlier issued one with the SW-d small font baggie which were handed out in plain overstock type boxes (un addressed / un posted) - image below

There is also a 3rd known incarnation of the palitoy fett mailer, this was handed out on toy store visits of Darth Vader & possibly boba Fett, those contained a small font SW-d kenner issued baggie again with an overstock blank box of the same dimensions as the 2 examples above, see below image -

SW-d small font fett mailer splice - Copy.jpg

1st known incarnation of the fett mailer, but never actually offered with this baggie type in the mail in offers (see above info) - SW-d small font Kenner baggie, please NOTE I have had to splice 2 images together to show how this would have been as I don't have a complete example.

Max Field fett.jpg

Finally a posted example to show, Photo courtesy of Max Field

2020-10-23_21_35_26-(2)_Facebook.png
2020-10-23_21_35_55-(2)_Facebook.png

There were also some in-store promotions where a mailer version of the fett was given out to children, I think on fett visits to toy stores, these examples are possibly even earlier than the ESB-a version & were given out with overstock plain white boxes which had the Kenner SW-d (small font version) & sometimes a red sticker (shown above) offering the promotion.

Please also see this (now somewhat very outdated) thread for what (very little) is/was know/thought to be right to date -

IMGP8690_zpsdgaszsx8.jpg

4-Lom Palitoy-b baggie

Mike_(MO).jpg

Dengar 1 photo courtesy of Mike - above is the most well known example of the palitoy Dengar mailer (left) with the Palitoy-j baggie & D1108 Codeed box & with the later issue ROTJ era offered version (Right) with a nice mailed out example of the box, which is the same dimensions with the same flap arrangement (identical) but did not have the D1108 code printed on the box like the earlier ESB era one offered.

IMGP2127.JPG

Dengar 2 Above are 2 further examples, ESB era D1108 Coded box with alternate ESB-d baggie which has been confirmed to have been found in the mailer though infrequently, we are not sure if these were issued prior to the Palitoy/Bradgate/Parker Palitoy-j versions or afterward, either after to make up shortfall of stock, or prior to them before UK issued baggie stock became available, much like the Toltoys issued 4-Lom with Kenner baggie & the Palitoy fett mailers with SW-d & ESB-a baggies.

The other example is the same as the one shown in Dengar 1 above, but this time with an overstock un-mailed example box where you can clearly see they were never printed with the codes.

ATT_1426439890654_20150315_134014 - Copy_zpscanwbayr.jpg

Some further great info on the Dengar palitoy mailer above in the form of the apology letter from Palitoy for the delay in postage of the figure due to the demand for it - PHOTO COURTESY OF Sublevel Studios

Palitoy Dengar delay letter with baggie - Copy_zpsp5uxocys.jpg

Finally some solid conformation on which baggie came with at least one of the 2 issued Dengar mailers, this is now 100% confirmed as the baggie which came with the first issue ESB era Palitoy Dengar mailer, same as the apology letter above but having come from a childhood collection with both the letter & the baggie, its very nice to put this one to rest after several years of speculation regarding the baggie type, though it is still not know if the same baggie & mailer box was used for the later ROTJ mail in offer (new info added above confirming more) - Photo courtesy of theguiltyone

Dengar mailers.png

124039559_356560505604924_570745753069840864_n(1).jpg

A cracking group photo of the Dengars that were sold in the final Astons auctions sale, the seller had a total of 8 Deangars / 5 Fetts & 13 survival kit mailers all in the same auction, apparently a long time collector who passed away leaving a garage full of toys for his elderly neighbors in his will which included all of these fantastic mailers which almost ended up binned with the rest of the collection from what I gather, thankfully they were saved from the pending skip & sold off along with the rest of the collection in the Astons auction, a little paper clipping below the dengar group shot for a little more detail.

Please note that one of the Dengars is in a Kenner issued ESB-d baggie which makes for another confirmed example of baggie type issued with the Palitoy Dengar mail in offer, we can confirm it's correct with it coming from this collection, this is the 1st time this baggie has ever been seen with the mailer & likely used as a substitute due to a shortfall of the Bradgate font baggies normally seen with the ESB era mailer, another interesting snipet of info in the history of Palitoy issued mail away figures (more info on the above images)

Also note that 3 of the 8 in the auction are still sealed, these are the first ever known examples of a sealed Dengar mailer to date & then 3 in one go, amazing what still turns up, I think maybe even more amazing is the fact the owner was obviously quite fanatical about the offers as 3 of the dengars are bundled together with a single address lable & a single postage stamp mark, there was a 2nd box which also had 3 dengars written on the box, so one would assume the collector ordered 3 at a time at least twice as well as some individually.

James Cox 1.jpg

Dengar QVC - mailer Photo courtesy of James Cox

And lastly the 4th & final incarnation of the Dengar Palitoy mailer ( what a 4th type I hear you cry?? :eek: ), this was not an official Palitoy offer, but rater a promotion offered after the death of the toy line by the Q.V.C shopping channel,the details are a little hazy but lots of examples have been confirmed, the offer was for 2 figures, both in Palitoy-a baggies & came in a rather plain padded envelope, all examples confirmed to date are un-mailed examples as it is assumed they never did shift all the stock even through the shopping channel, seems at least 3 figures were offered up in this promotion via QVC (Dengar/Emperor/Rancor Keeper) Confirmed, they are all identical bar the stickers on the back confirming the figure inside, now updated.

It is speculated that some other single mailer issued baggies/figures were also available through this offer, likely Anakin & possibly others, but this has not been 100% confirmed.

Emperor - which I have now finally have since finding a shipping case of them, I can now confirm having been issued with 2 baggie types, Palitoy-a & n see photos (Below)

IMGP8693_zpskj32noek.jpg

With Palitoy -a baggie

PHOTO TO BE ADDED

With Palitoy-a baggie, paint app's error (unpainted left hand)

IMGP8695_zpstcbiqx0b.jpg

Palitoy-n - all these 3 examples came from the same shipping case, so I assume a new shipment of baggies came in halfway through packing the case & it was of no concern which baggie type came with the mailers back then & most likely not even considered at the time, though of great interest to myself now.

There was another stash of Palitoy Emperors found a few years after my shipping case find (mad as they were insanely rare till I found the shipper), this find was actually under some guys bed, they'd been sat there for over 20 years & when he opened one only then was it known what they were as he had assumed they were in fact Hornby train parts - mad world, this type was fractionally different though with a Mat rather then Glossy finish to the boxes & was 2mm wider in size, so one would assume from a different total count shipper, likely 200 count like most other shippers discovered.

I will make an effort to get a comparison shot put up of the 2 side by side.

IMGP2135.JPG

Emperor in Palitoy-a with factory error paint drag error

QVC_Emperor_1.jpg

QVC_Emperor_2.jpg

Emperor in QVC shopping channel promotion mailer envelope, which would have had the Palitoy-a baggie included Code for all 3 figures in this offer seems to be the same ( 012071 )

IMGP6122_zps7d6133b2.jpg

Rancor Keeper - again no sealed example has ever surfaced to date & I "think" I have the correct box for this one, but it can not be confirmed 100% EDIT 23/6/16 this is indeed the correct box as 2 sealed examples have been found to confirm it's authenticity, this is for me the ONLY mailer box I can confirm as correct for the RC, no addressed examples with the same dimension boxes have been found to date (EDIT sealed examples now found), some others are doing the rounds, but I am as yet unconvinced as to their authenticity.

Some interesting background history on the sealed examples that were eventually discovered, these were from a fairground stall, apparently many many overstock mailers had been bought in bulk directly from palitoy by the stall holder, multiple figures not just Rancor keepers, they were used as a booby prize & handed out to folks who did not get a big win on the stall, sadly further details are not known, bu what an awesome peek into the past of the toys.

IMGP3632.JPG

Rancor Keeper - in QVC shopping channel promotion mailer envelope, which would have had the Palitoy-a baggie included

mailers - Copy.jpg

Nien Nunb - also available as a blank box in overstock form, the above shows one of the very few mailed out examples known to exist, Photo courtesy of Mike, note the Palitoy-n baggie

IMGP2142 - Copy.JPG

Nien Nunb in Palitoy-a baggie overstock mailer, shown with a sealed example, font close up below -

IMGP2144.JPG

IMGP2145.JPG

Nien Nunb in kenner box but Palitoy address label & Clipper mailer baggie (palitoy-n) :unsure:Talk about just get it together & sell it with whatvever we have at hand to fill the shortfalls on orders, 2 examples of this cobbled together (in house) version have been found & confirmed.

Palitoy single figure mailers are IMO one of the toughest of all items to track down when it comes to baggies when it comes to ones other than Anakin, you would think there would be plenty in circulation - now try finding them :? New info 14.10.21 - obviously there have been a couple of decent size finds since this was written in the early 2000's, but they are still rare compared to their kenner counterparts.

IMGP6128_zps85f8b61f.jpg

Refund of postage cost note, I have no confirmation of which figure this came with, but as it has been with me all my life, I can only surmise & speculate it came with the Dengar as that was the only mail away figure I got as a kid, I have never seen another one of these up for sale or in any collection & can only assume it came with Dengar as this was the only mail away figure I got as a kid.

DSC00781_00_zps461e4575.jpg

Apology note issued from palitoy for the shortfall on availability of the boba Fett figure during the mail in offer - photo courtesy of Mike

IMGP0439.jpg

IMGP0726.jpg

Comic add above & counter top flyer below

Fett mailers large 1 - Copy.png

IMGP0733.jpg

Flyers & comic book adverts for the above bar the Dengar which is already shown in the post above.

Ackbar Palitoy mailer 1983 - Copy_zpslxfamj5w.jpg

HUGE UPDATE ON THE (TILL NOW SUSPECTED ROTJ ERA MAIL IN OFFER) -

This is a hugely exciting find, the photo was kindly sent to me by a fellow member on SWFUK (theguiltyone) it is a slip included in a mailer he has, this is a huge find in terms of both baggie & palitoy mailer collecting, it was speculated that there was a 6 figure mail in offer run by palitoy towards the end of the toy line, presumable to get rid of remaining overstock, though not one scrap of information can (till this find) can be found about the offer, note that not just figures but also the Darth Vaders collectors case & the display arena were available in this offer & the postage is marked Altrincham rather than Birmingham like other known ESB & SW era palitoy mailers, this really is a huge missing piece of the mailer history & palitoy puzzle, it is obvious this was a separate mail in campaign from the previous offers, as from what I know (see pic of the cardback sticker offers) the postage prices increased for this offer, the 4-lom was previously offered for 14 pence rather than the 15 pence stated in this later offer which would tie in perfectly with an increase in postage costs though minimal by today's standards :lol:

Photo courtesy of theguiltyone

Cardback offers.jpg

Some great kenner cards with Palitoy mail in offer stickers applied photos courtesy of Mr Palitoy

SK blow up - other offers2.png

SK blow up - other offers.png

Possible Other's - Luke Jedi & General Madine some great recently unearthed info within this simple letter pertaining to the Survival kit offer, which according to the letter had at least 50,000 applications (where did they all go??), seems they ran out of stock & made this offer of alternative figures, though no example of either the Luke nor the Madine have surfaced to date.

FULL list of order codes for the mailers (PENDING) many are shown in the above letter EXAMPLE - Boba Fett = AH

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Clipper Country of origin Belgium & Holland

Copy.png

From what little I know of the mail in's in Belgium & the Netherlands Darth vader was sadly the only figure that was offered in such a promotion, though for some unknown reason he came in 2 baggie styles/types both issued in the same box.

As you can see the above information regarding the clipper mail away offers has changed a great deal from us initially thinking Darth Vader was the only mail away figure offer, since then many have been added to the guide including Nien Nunb / Admiral Ackbar / The Survival Kit / Teebo & Klaatu Skiff, though we are still very much sketchy on solid information regarding many of them.

IMG_3999.JPG

Admiral Ackbar - Photo Courtesy of Ronny Anngren

EDIT 11/02/15 - a further 3rd example of this mailer has now been found & confirmed with a no text baggie & plain white box (photos to come) I can only assume it is a clipper overstock box that never made it to being printed for postage?

IMGP2142 - Copy (2).JPG

Nien Nunb Clipper overstock, same "made in Hong Kong" no kenner font but it's not Palitoy-a like the Palitoy issued ones, has an old dutch price sticker on the back & I would assume it's a Palitoy-n baggie, font close up below -

IMGP2143.JPG

IMGP2126.JPG

Darth Vader - Clipper no text baggie (Euro-b) & Clipper Macau text baggie (Euro-c) shown side by side

IMGP1833_zpsuzvfdiis.jpg

Darth Vader - Clipper Macau Text (Euro-c)

Clipper6_zps259dd8d4.jpg

It is also worth noting that the clipper vader came with a thicker textured cape in the plain text baggie but not the made in Macau & a thick tip saber in both.

clipper mailer_zpszaavfsbk.jpg

Clipper flyer for the above shown mailers offer

2 other clipper mailers are confirmed to exist, being Nien Nunb & Admiral Ackbar, no photos available at present! & it is unclear at this time if they were offered in baggies with mailer boxes or in padded envelopes with loose figures

willem_1.jpg

78761040_10214852863101942_695390299400175616_o.jpg

78906721_10214852863741958_3042175565399326720_o.jpg

The cardback offer above & comic book add with the offer details depicting the same offers as the cardback & also a section to attach your name plates for the promotion

Clipper cardback sticker offer 7/2/19 further info on a clipper mail in offer, this cardback sticker shows 3 other offers which we have very little info on, those being Teebo / Klaatu Skiff & the Survival kit, it is speculated these were sent out in white boxes in baggies the same as the other offers, but to date we have only found 1 overstock example of the Klaatu which would seem to have slightly different inner cardboard that other mailers know to date, sadly we have no solid provenance for this, but do suspect it is correct with it turning up in the Netherlands. pic's below - Photos courtesy of Willem

willem 3_zpsxbxivzli.jpg

16735921_1741761512819634_789419129_n_zpsaalotzn5.jpg

willem 4_zps9vxarph2.jpg

clippermaileresbsurvivalkit.JPG

New addition - Survival Kit mailer which would seen to have some in a padded envelope & a Palitoy type SK baggie (no kenner logo) note the font though extremely pale compared to normal & maybe specific to the Netherlands & Belgium offers, it is worth noting I have seen a figure in a baggie with the same really lite coloured font, think it was an 8-D8 from memory.

Clipper.jpg

s-l1600_(13).jpg

s-l1600_(15).jpg

& above some additional paperwork which would seem to indicate more offers, sadly nothing more is really known as no examples of the items offered have surfaced.

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Toltoys - country of origin Australia

It is worth noting that all Toltoys mailers came with palitoy baggies as I believe Palitoy supplied them for these offers & as with the palitoy ones they simply came in a box with the baggie, no paperwork at all, but the 4-Lom was issued with a Kenner baggie, assumed to have been issued before palitoy bag stocks were available like the early Palitoy issued mailers (fett) as the 4-Low was the 1st single mail away figure promotion in Australia.

There is also a confirmed 3rd box font style of the Toltoys mailers for at least the 4-Lom & possibly the Nien Nunb, it differs significantly in terms of the printing on the box, sadly I do not have an image available I am able to share publicly.

toltoys mailers.jpg

Couple of insanely rare addressed examples shown above.

IMGP8691_zpsz6syzl7u.jpg

4-Lom NOTE that the 4-Lom was issued in a Kenner logo baggie unlike all other TT mailers, it is speculated that this is due to production of TT's baggies (same style used by palitoy) had not started at the time this offer was available & they were supplied Kenner baggies for the first available mail away offer they ran.

IMGP2636.JPG

Admiral Ackbar Palitoy-b baggie, please NOTE - it would seem the Ackbar mailer was only ever issued with the plain white overstock box rather than the one with the printed address info as was previously considered (& shown here) for the for the Paul's Ice Cream promotion, thanks to James Kenneison for the conformation.

IMGP8696_zpszpltg3py.jpg

Nien Nunb Please NOTE that NN was available with 2 font styled mailers (possibly even 3), large & smaller font version.

Toltoys SK Mailer - Copy.jpg

Survival Kit Boxes shown with Toltoys sticker, would have had the same palitoy baggies in them as the palitoy examples (see palitoy mailer section)

List of cardback offers courtesy of Robert Heron -

41-A with the survival kit offer
41-D with the 4-LOM offer
45-A with the display arena offer
47-A with the 4-LOM offer
65-B with the Nien Nunb offer (in both 'Revenge' and 'Return' labels on the front)

Other info as to where the Ackbar offer came in also courtesy of Robert Heron -

Seems he was never offered on a cardback & this is the way it was found - It was advertised on ice block wrappers (Lollies) by the company Paul's (in conjunction with Toltoys), and never advertised on any card back, see below photos -

Rob (1).JPG

Rob (2).JPG

Rob (3).JPG

Rob (4).JPG

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Kenner - country of origin U.S

America had more mail away offers than any other country & not just single figure mailers, lots more great photos & information on the other offers as well as the single figure mailers can be found on Shawn K's great website here, well worth a look as there is some very interesting infomation on all things mail away -

P1010542_zpsdda266ce.jpg

Survival kit offer - offered as a way of bulking those hoovered up weapons up your mother relived you of on a daily basis, well if your mum was anything like mine that is. photo courtesy of Mike

034-lom_zpsf6f39ecd.jpg

4-Lom photo courtesy of Mike (silver ESB catalog)

05aackbarrevenge_zps7cb94a12.jpg

Admiral Ackbar - photo courtesy of Mike Silver ESB catalog & was available with the Return & revenge note

08anakin_zpsa01b6362.jpg

Anakin - photo courtesy of Mike

52650566_2767851553255596_3005620918354444288_n_zpsa71s4edq.jpg

Boba Fett 1st issue issue, with brown envelope ( SW-d) small font type- Photo Courtesy of Chris Eddleman

2_zpscxpj80u8.jpg

Boba Fett SW-d / large font version Large Booklet with Sweepstakes flyer - Photo Courtesy of Chris Eddleman

IMGP0039_zpstxtgixu3.jpg

Boba Fett SW-d / large Font version, Small Booklet pink flash a cool weapons error version discovered with 2 blasters I felt worthy of inclusion

ROTJ-j fett Chris Edlleman AMENDED.jpg

Boba Fett ROTJ-j which has been previously called SW-b IMO incorrectly / Large Booklet - Photo Courtesy of Chris Eddleman

53285598_379595445929641_5620263421791436800_n_zpsxc53teyy.jpg

Boba Fett ESB issue ESB-a (1st issue) with Luke Yoda Booklet - Photo Courtesy of Chris Eddleman

52769461_2120833308007115_6892725484132499456_n_zpsf4yqdnrq.jpg

Boba Fett with "true SW'b baggie"

RobbieZombbie 4 (fett).JPG

Bobba Fett - Sealed mailer exciting discovery, first ever sealed fett mailer to have surface, would have been 2, sadly the seller opened one to show the contents :eek: what a sad loss, but hey at least there is still a sealed example out there :) PHOTO COURTESY OF ROBBIEZOMBBIE, other examples have since been discovered

02bossk_zpsf3819fdf.jpg

IMGP6126_zps6eea80f9.jpg

Bossk SW-a - I always thought it was rather odd that this ESB issued figure was put out in a SW-a first issue white text baggie, not sure what the reasoning behind this was TBH EDIT (26/1/15) : It has now been confirmed beyond a shadow of doubt that the Bossk mailer has also turned up with both the ESB-a & ESB-c baggies & Now also ESB-f (what in tarnation) , confirmed from sealed examples opened for grading - now that is odd! as ALL other know single figure mailers came with the same bag type throughout its short lifespan, NOTE that the black flyer is known in 2 versions (Mat & Glossy) both examples shown above with SW-a baggies

pic1.jpg

Bossk ESB-f

Bossk ESB-c.jpg

Bossk ESB-c
Please Note this is a Canadian example mirrored in the Canadian section below, I do not have a US Kenner example to show for the time being, that's assuming the ESB-c was indeed issued in the USA

Bossk ESB-a 2.jpg

Bossk ESB-a

07emperor_zps2fe43f69.jpg

Emperor ESB-c - the most commonly found mailer out there as I am sure most of you will already know - photo courtesy of Mike

James Cox ROTJ-c Emperor.jpg

Emperor ROTJ-c - Photo courtesy of James Cox

06niennunb_zps9a74326b.jpg

Nien Nunb - photo courtesy of Mike

Jean François Rolland 1.jpg

Jean François Rolland 3.jpg

Han Trench Coat ROTJ era mailer, New inclusion 29.3.23 - possible mailer intended for production that never actually made it there, this "could be" like the Palitoy Anakin offer which never saw it's production run, but this one would have been for the USA rather than the UK, we don't have anything more to go on than the little info on here as well as the above images you see, we have no solid provenance so please regard this as a "possible" offer.

This was apparently purchased from a Tom Neiheisel in the early 90's & it could just as easily have been a marketing idea that never made it to fruition, it's a big mystery & obviously never released, but I feel it deserves a mention, this has the ESB-d baggie type with it & what looks to be a very different dimension box to other mailers, Images & info
courtest of Jean François Rolland

1_zps5rtbyhwt.jpg

& a photo I found on an auction site with them all laid out nicely together which I figured would make a nice addition.

Kenner Canada -

Darren H 2.jpeg

Darren Hilton - Copy.jpeg

4-Lom ESB-d Canadian issue - Photo Courtesy of Darren H

53923176_329103674396029_1690910211910402048_n.jpg

Bossk ESB-c Canadian issue

Other known single mailers known to have been issued by Kenner Canada but sadly no good images available (Admiral Ackbar / Survival Kit Mailer) & I assume the others issued in USA?

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
POCH/PBP SPANISH ISSUED MAILERS - ( HARBERT MAILERS SHOWN UNDERNEATH )

Right folks, all I can say about the PBP offers is that we do not have a lot to go on to date, that's actually a bit of an understatements as it goes, we have 2 scraps of paper to show what was offered & no actual mailer images, we do not know if they were ever sent in baggies let alone mailer boxes like the other we are accustomed to.

NEW INFO - from what we can gather they were sent in heavyweight jiffy mailer envelopes & in baggies, we are not 100% if they were kenner or palitoy baggies as we just don't have any solid provenance though looking at the examples that have been unearthed since I first wrote this section it may well be a mixture of Kenner & Palitoy depending on the offer dates much like Toltoya & Palitoy single mailer offers, though the sole image we have of a complete mailer example seems to be AFA graded & contains a kenner NN baggie, so it is still speculation if the others were non kenner baggies or simply loose figures (Fett/IG88/Bossk/Dengar).

These are the 2 known flyers in question which depict 5 figure, it is not even clear at this time if indeed all 5 figures were offered, but I can confirm the Nien Numb was & some collectors in Spain got those sent to them, it's speculated they may well have just been sent out in a padded envelope as loose figures, sadly as said nothing can be confirmed 100%

Please do reach out to me if you know of anything about the PBP mail away offers as it's all a bit of a mystery for now.

spanish maile away_zpshj7xhi0g.jpg

16683190_1007838512694237_1402155712_n.jpg

ADAM - Echo_zpsyb8evzgb.jpg

2021-10-08 23_04_09-NUEVO mailer PBP 1984 Nien Nunb con sobre rosa y ads en AFA - Star Wars Sp...png

New addition photo from Google images

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02849.jpg

IMG_20181119_220137.jpg

Another example of the Nien Nunb now confirmed with some close up's of the included offer paperwork which was added for display ability I would assume (not included with the mailer)

HARBERT - country of origin Italy

Firstly apologies but I have just had to tag this info into a pre existing section as I can't edit the guide to create new sections anywhere other than right at the end.

Only fairly recently it has been confirmed that Harbert like many others did in fact have some mail away promotions.

The only ones I have any information on are the ones for the 2 included promotional adverts shown below (Boba Fett & Rancor Keeper)

As far as I am aware no examples of either have surfaced that can be confirmed as being issued / sent out in Italy, so we have nothing more to go on than the 2 images shown.

It is likely they were sent out in the same manor as other countries (boxed with baggies) but that is at this point just a wild assumption, I would guess they like Clipper & Meccano were being sub supplied via Palitoy, so it's quite possible they would be the same as the palitoy issued examples (shown in the Palitoy single mailer section)

Fett Harbert.jpg

Fett Offer

IMGP1423 - Copy.JPG

Rancor Keeper offer

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Star Wars Issued Brown box early issue Multi-Packs (& white Cantina packs) - this is going to be a long haul & an on going project trying to compile as many as I can, this will be happening with the help of Andy_R & Pat O'Brien both from RS, so please be patient.

Multi packs (MP's) were issued by several companies in the U.S to provided a cheaper alternative to Carded figures & a way for folk to add multiple figures to there collections, these packs were available via post from retail stores Sears/J.C.Penny/Wards/Spiegel & Aldens with some companies only offering a few & others offering many, some packs were specific to just one outlet while other being available from multiple retailers, hence some having many issue code numbers on them rather than just a single order reference number, they had from 2 to 16 figures in them which came in baggies with a small catalog showing other items from the toy line & were a perfect way for parents to give kids a lot of figures as a gift without breaking the bank, there are to date at least 85 known packs but I have heard that there may be as many as 98 (unconfirmed) with some others intended for release in the POTF line, though no example has ever surfaced (15.10.21) - 1 has been confirmed & it is likely they never made it to the production stage, nowhere near as many of these pack exist as with MOC as the packaging was at the time not regarded as something of any value & was in most cases discarded as simply being a cardboard box :eek:

There are 3 eras of MP's Star Wars E.S.B & ROTJ, each era having different box types, 4 if you include the POTF issue one, but that never came with baggies (confirmed).

In this first section I plan to cover the early issue plain brown or white box early issued MP's, please note that although the number of MP's issued is one thing, confirmed remaining examples of some is still a matter of debate, with several having never been discovered to date, bear this in mind when looking at the visual reference/photos & availability of them, hence some will be listed but no image is available.

If you have a pack that is not shown in the guide below I would be most grateful if you could help out & provide photos of any you have so they can be added to the index.

Samir Krim.jpg

Awesome group shot of Samir Kirm's excellent collection

12794333_1685643608357140_1266306392585393792_n.jpg

Catalog page showing some of the packs available

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
White Creature packs were I think the first issued (not 100% if they came before the brown boxes or at the same time TBH)

27393010_zpsf7d13bfb.jpg

Sears 49-59412 - 1978 - 2 pack Greedo - Blue Snag PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

greedo-red-snaggletooth-2-pack-mailer_zpsdcbcb535.jpg

Sears 49-59412 - 1979 - 2 Pack Greedo Red Snag - PHOTO COURTESY OF REBELALLIANCE

unnamed2_zpsa301d788.jpg

Sears 49-59413 1978-9 - 2 Pack Hammerhead Walrus man PHOTO COURTESY OF - Andy Raymond

2 packs.jpg

Pic of the 2 Greedo / Snag 2 packs side by side, the red text contained the red snag & the black text the blue version & both stated Pack #1 which has caused confusion in years gone by.

Uncle_ron_2.jpg

The 2 Cantina packs (#1 & #2 Blue Snag) but a sealed example that has been X-Rayed Photo courtesy of Uncle Ron

IMGP6141_zps950a1e6f.jpg

Spiegel/Penney/Aldens 1979 - 924-3353 - 57T4489 – 85Y8413 - 4 pack Hammerhead Walrus man red Snaggletooth Greedo

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
BROWN BOX SW ISSUED MP'S

copy_zpsp6aolw1x.jpg

Great photo of a freshly opened pack, figures never removed COURTESY OF LandoSkiff (Dan) which I think makes for a great introductory photo for this section

49756943_zpsgbbk6pla.jpg

Sears 49-59414 - 1979 - Death Squad Commander Luke (Farm Boy) Han Solo (Large Head) this pack has been seen with the small head han solo but it's very rare.

IMGP3004_zps6ea7fe6f.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel/Aldens 48-24489 923-0889 - ( 57T882 / 57T887 ) - 58Y684 - 1978-79 - Leia Organa Han Solo (Large Head) Chewie Jawa - 4 pack NOTE THE 2 VARYING FONT STYLES ON THE LEIA & JAWA -Both SW-d, but there seem to be more & more minor variations creeping into the mix so both large & small font like with the SW-a's so do need subclassing SW-a/1 /2 etc at some point, noticed by snaggletooth
thanks mate ;)

IMGP6132_zpsf6f474c2.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel/Aldens 48-24490 - 923-0871 - ( 57T4880 - 57T4886 ) - 85Y7685 - 1978-79 Ben Luke (farm boy) C-3p0 R2 D2 - 4 pack

IMGP2637_zps706d37ba.jpg

Sears/Wards/Aldens - 1978-79 - 49-59415 - 48-24491 - 85Y7686 - Darth Vader Stormtroopers x 2 - 3 pack

IMGP0314.jpg

Sears 49-59416 - 1978 - Chewie R2 3p0 - 3 pack

MP 1.jpg

Sears 49-59417 - 1978 - Jawa / Tusken Raider's X 2 - 3 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF - Mike Horn

uncle_Ron.jpg

Same as the above pack (Sears 49-59417) but an X-Ray done of a sealed pack, Photo Courtesy of Uncle Ron

Willem_zpsybf03mtd.jpg

willem-Jan Bos 2_zpsrxbazda5.jpg

EDIT: - New addition 29/6/16 same pack as above but a bit of an oddity picked up recently, this pack has been printed incorrectly with an additional digit in the code, same as the above one (Sears 49-59417 - Jawa / Tusken Raider's X 2 - 3 pack) but has an additional number 4 in the code (factory typo 49-594147) first & only such code error I have seen, confirmed as the same pack as has been X-Rayed to confirm, PHOTO COURTESY OF WILLEM-JAN BOS Is this in fact an authentic factory error or could it be a Jeff G creation? Hmm food for thought

DSC06994_zpsd7eba3f5.jpg

Wards/penney/spiegel/aldens - 1978-79 - 48-24496 - 923-0988 - ( 57T-4881 - 57T-4888 ) - 85Y8415 - Darth Vader Tusken Raider Stormtroopers x 2 - 4 pack

85Y8418ALDENS-SW4pack.jpg

Penney/Spiegel/Aldens - 1979 - 924-3346 - 57T-4890 - 85Y8418 - Luke (X-Wing) R5 Boba Fett Power Droid - 4 pack, this is a Q.C sign off pack & the only known example of one (see pre production section on page 6)

IMGP6130_zpsafd506cb.jpg

Sears - 1979 - 49-59451 Luke (X-Wing) Boba Fett - 2 Pack Pack, see page 6 for a Q.C sign off example with the same sign off signature as the others shown on this section.

16 pack.JPG

Shane Carters alternate 16 pack.jpg

71513840_1266084066936176_5725897876148584448_n.jpg

Sears - 1977-78? (possibly 78/79??) - 49-59455 Luke (Farm Boy) Leia (Organa) 3p0 Death Squad Commander Tusken Raider Chewie Greedo Hammerhead Darth Vader Snaggletooth (Red) R2 Walrus Man Stormtrooper Jawa Han solo (Large Head) Ben - 16 Pack both known versions (1977/78)

IMGP2993_zps2f53b631.jpg

Sears/Aldens - 1979 - 49-59458 - 85Y8416 - Chewie R2 Death Star Droid 3p0 - 4 Pack the one pictured is another signed QC sample & again the only one known to date, same signature as the one above.

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE AS YET & from what we know no examples have ever been found.

Sears - 1979 - 49-59459 Darth Vader Stormtroopers x 3 - 4 pack

4 pack mock up.jpg

Sears/Aldens - 1979-80 - 49-59461 - 85Y8410 Jawa's X 3 Tusken Raider - 4 Pack

NO EXAMPLE HAS EVER SURFACED TO DATE So with it being what I would regard as a bit of a grail pack & me having a huge soft spot for Jawa's, I have managed to pickle this approximation of what it may look like, I have put all SW-b baggies into the set with a box that only has half the factory code on which I got cheap ( the prefix part of the code is the same as this pack), I know it may well not be right, but I think its as close as we are ever likely to see unless a genuine pack surfaces, hell we have no idea what baggies would be in the pack bar that they would be SW era ones though likely B or D's, it could be for all we know 3 VCJ's :eek: so please bear in mind this is NOT the actual pack, just an approximation of what it should be

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
ESB Issued Plain White Box MP's

As with the SW issued packs above, generally speaking the baggies in all the packs were identical, this era covered a lot more packs & figure combinations than the previous SW era ones due to more figures having been released & the success of the previous store MP's, most were plain white boxes with just catalog numbers much like the SW issued ones above though some sported the figure line up's in text on the front & there were a small number released with line art images on the boxes of the included figures in Blue on the packet front, These "line art packs" are regarded as highly desirable & always command a huge premium, maybe one day eh!.

DSC069991_zps7de89fe1.jpg

Wards/Aldens - 1980 - 48-24511 - 58Y8404 - Darth, Fett, IG88 ,Hoth trooper - 4 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF PAT O'BRIEN

48-24512.jpg

Wards - 1980 - 48-24512 Han Hoth, Leia Bespin (crew neck), Lando Bespin, BSG (White) - 4 PACK

12_zps4pg7tncf.jpg

Wards/Spiegel/Aldens - 1980 - 48-24513 - 57-4874 - 85Y8403 - Luke Bespin, Yoda, R2, FX-7 - 4 Pack (2 different versions of this pack exist)

IMGP6145_zps97a76435.jpg

Wards/Spiegel - 1980 - 48-24514 - 57- 4873 - Hoth Troopers X 2, Hoth Rebels X 2 - 4 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY_RAYMOND

10 pack New.jpg

Penney - 1980 - 928-0439 BSG (White), Lando Bespin, FX-7, Han Hoth, IG-88, Hoth Rebel, Luke Bespin (Blonde), Hoth Trooper, Yoda (Orange Snake),Leia Bespin (Crew Neck) - 10 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY_RAYMOND

There are alternate spellings of "Fatigues" on the ESB 9 and 10-packs, and also light blue and dark blue print variants.

The misspelling of "Fatigues" as "Fatiques" was corrected but both packs can be found with either spelling.
This makes 3 variations for the 10 pack alone: dark blue print with "Q" spelling, dark blue print with "G" spelling, and light blue print with "G" spelling.

INFORMATION ABOVE PROVIDED BY ANDY RAYMOND

Pat's_Mailer_ESB_4-Pack_(Vader,_Stormtrooper,_IG88,_Chewbacca).jpg

Penney - 1980 - 928-0454 Imperial Trooper, Chewie, Darth, IG-88 - 4 Pack

Andy 3.jpg

Penney - 1980 - 928-0488 BSG (White), FX-7, 3p0, R2 - 4 Pack, Photo Courtesy of Andy Raymond

7_zpsnfodoa4n.jpg

Penney/Spiegel - 1980 - 928-0496 - 57-4871 - Luke (X-Wing),Leia Bespin (Crew Neck),Han Hoth, Lando Bespin, - 4 Pack

928-0515 Sven.jpg

Penney - 1980 - 928-0512 Hoth Rebel, Luke Bespin (Blonde), Han (fat head), Fett - Photo Courtesy of Sven Schneider

Yeo15pack_zps41b9c3fc.jpg

ANDY_R5_zpsef01b82c.jpg

Sears - 1980 - 49-59032 Ben (White Hair), 3p0, R2, Chewie, Stormtrooper, DSD, Death Squad Commander, Hammerhead, Luke (farmboy - Blonde), Leia (Organa), Luke (X-Wing), Greedo, Snaggletooth (Red), Walrus Man, R5 - 15 Pack - PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY_RAYMOND available in standard & line are versions

ANDY_R6_zpsdf3dd44b.jpg

Sears - 1980 - 49-59035 Luke Bespin (Blonde), Leia Bespin (Crew Neck), Lando Bespin, BSG (White), Hoth Rebel, Han Hoth, FX-7, Hoth Trooper, IG-88 - 9 Pack, this one has also been issued under another number from the same store just to confuse the issue (so I am told)

6_zpsbt3usylx.jpg

Standard issue

Mark Yeo.jpg

Line Art Version Photo Courtesy or Mark Yeo

Sears - 1980 - 49-59051 3p0, R2, Yoda (Orange Snake), Luke (X-Wing) - 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Spiegel - 1980 - 57-4870 - R2, 3p0, Han (Big Head), Chewie 4 Pack

ANDY_R3_zps18a32635.jpg

Standard issue pack

Line Art 4 pack Yea.jpg

Line Art Version with close up below Photos Courtesy of Mark Yeo

Line Art 4 pack box Yea.jpg

Sears/Spiegel - 1980 - 49-59054 - 57-4872 - Bossk, Fett, Vader, IG-88 - 4 Pack - I have two photos available for this pack, each with differing catalogs, I would suspect that it is possible that it could have been found with either, but I suspect (speculation) that the black background ESB one is the more likely correct one for this pack.

IMGP6140_zpscb8c38db.jpg

Sears - 1980 - 49-59057 Hoth Trooper, Hoth Rebel, FX-7, Han Hoth - 4 Pack

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Wards/Penney/Aldens - 1981 - 48-24545 - 929-4877 - 85Y8370 - Darth, Fett, Hoth Troopers X 2. - 4 Pack

Benjamin_zps3twcp1fo.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel - 1981 - 48-24546 - 929-5049 - 57-4867 - Chewie, R2-D2, 3p0, Yoda - 4 pack. PHOTO COURTESY OF - BENJAMIN

$_12 (1).JPG

Wars/Penney/Aldens - 1981-82 - 48-24547 - 929-4224 - 85Y8372 - Dengar Rebel Commander, At At Driver, Imperial Commander, 2-1b, Leia Hoth, Ugnaught, lobot. - 8 Pack

10_zpshesrowch.jpg

Wards - 1981 - 48-24548 Han Hoth, Yoda, Luke (X-Wing), Lando Bespin. 4 Pack - PHOTO COURTESY OF THEGUILTYONE
This pack is listed in the Kellerman book twice as far as I can fathom, I.E it's listed on 2 separate lines directly next to one another, both packs have the same line up & I have to assume this was a little error at time of printing, so regard to 2 further codes here as the same pack but for Sears & Aldens - 1981-82 - 49-59172 - 58Y8371

4-Pack-ESBRebsoldier_RebComm_Storm_HothStorm_zps546ea653.jpg

Sears/Wards 1981 - 49-59176 - 48-24549 - Stormtrooper Hoth Rebel, Hoth Stormtrooper, Rebel Commander. 4 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

IMG_0552_zpsbde971c9.jpg

Sears - 1981 - 49-59179 Rebel Commander, Leia Hoth, Ugnaught, Lobot, 2-1b, Han bespin, At At Driver, Imperial Commander, Dengar. 9 Pack

14 pack Pat O'Brian - Copy.jpg

Sears - 1981 - 49-59182 Darth Vader, Yoda, Chewie, Ben Kenobi, 3p0, R2, Luke farmboy, FX-7, Tusken Raider, Jawa, Hoth Stormtrooper, death Squad Commander, Greedo, Hammerhead. 14 Pack, 3 examples of this pack turned up all together last year (2022) as well as 2 examples of the below shown 8 pack in the same find, so it's a pleasure to be able to to finally add an image to the guide, all baggies are ESB-c bar the creatures which are ESB-d photo courtesy of Pat O'Brien EDIT - please NOTE the 49-59182 code is show on the edge of the box & not show in the photo!

1.4.jpg

1.3.jpg

1.jpg

1.1.jpg

Penney - 1981 - 929-4216 Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, Tusken Raider, Ben Kenobi, Greedo, Jawa, Walrus Man, Stormtrooper - 8 Pack, great to finally have this one on the guide thanks to a member showcasing it on facebook last year, one of very few examples known to exist, also was news to me that any ESB era packs were issued in brown boxes rather than just white ones, every days a school day init, info added 17.10.21 - lots of images for this one I know but it's so dam cool! also codes on all different sides of the box.

I find it intriguing that all the figures are SW era rather than ESB era & more so with the brown box, you'd have expected this to be a SW era MP.

4-Pack_zps01e2c219.jpg

Penney/Spiegel - 1981 - 929-5056 - 57-4868 - Hoth Rebel, Han Hoth, Luke X-Wing, Lando Bespin. - 4 Pack Photo Courtesy of ANDY RAYMOND

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Spiegel - 1981 - 57-4869 Hoth Rebel Commander, Hoth Rebel, Stormtrooper X 2 - 4 pack

Andy.jpg

Andy 2.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel - 1982 - 48-62351 - 655-1634 - 57-6252 - Vader, Fett, IG88, Stormtrooper - 4 pack Photo Courtesy of Andy Raymond

We can't confirm if the baggies for this as the only 2 known images depict different ones, but the are they only examples we have seen.

unnamed23_zps2edfc508.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel - 1982 - 48-62352 - 655-1642 - 57-6253 - Chewie, Han (Large head), Leia (organa), Luke (farm boy) - 4 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

image2_zpsmfrhfkwt.jpg

Wards – 1982 - 48-62354 - Luke Hoth/Zuckuss/At AT Commander/CCP/C-3p0/R2-D2/Tie Pilot/bespin Security guard -(Black) - 8 Pack - Image courtesy of Andrew Neo

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE YET

Spiegel – 1982 - 57-6250 Luke Hoth/Lando calrissian/Ben/Leia Hoth/FX-7/Bossk/Darth Vader/Han Hoth/At At Driver/DSC/At At Commander - 12 pack

image1_zpstcvi2b9g.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel – 1982 - 48-62355 - 655-1626 - 57-6251 - R2-D2/Yoda/Luke X Wing/Ben - 4 pack - Image courtesy of Andrew Neo

4 pack.jpg

unnamed6_zpse8a996a3.jpg

Penney – 1982 - 655-1659 - Lando calrissian/Leia Bespin (turtleneck)/Lobot/Ugnaught – 4 pack Note the Lobot white arm variant both arms are totally white ( above pack without catalog code label) & also note - this is the only pack & sole baggie type the turtle neck Leia can be found in, I believe this to be the only box to be plain on all side bar the side with the P.O.P - no code on it just plain white, EDIT another example now added (2nd shown) with a code sticker on it.

8 pack_zpsfudisfmp.jpg

Penney – 1982 - 655-1758 Luke Hoth/Tie pilot/Zuckuss/At At Commander/R2-D2 (sensorscope)/CCP/C-3p0 (R.L)/Bespin Security Guard (White) - 8 Pack

49756839_zpsxvl94d1n.jpg

Sears – 1982 - 49-59231 - Luke Bespin/2-1B/FX-7/CCP/At At Driver/At At Commander/Tie pilot/Imperial Commander - 8 Pack, just look how excited that kid must have been to get at the figures 😃 box torn right through in the mid section, some may say it's ruined, but to me that's history right there.

67337158_393877914813916_6859370141046538240_n.jpg

Sears – 1982 - 49-59242 Luke Hoth/Han hoth/Yoda - 3 Pack New addition 17.10.21 with special thanks to Shane Carter for the inclusion

IMGP6139_zps8143ae60.jpg

unnamed 4_zpsshlxq8ms.jpg

Sears – 1982 - 49-59243 Rebel Commander/Hoth Rebel/Hoth Rebel - 3 Pack Photo Courtesy of Andy Raymond additional pack shown (without catalog) has a weapons error, the Hoth Commander had no weapon in the baggie, but there was (oddly) a loose one within the pack as shown

49-59244 3 pack MISSING FROM GUIDE.jpg

Sears – 1882 - 49-59244 R2-D2 (sensorscope)/C-3p0(R.L)/Chewbacca - 3 Pack.

Note this is the same line up as the SW era pack "Sears 49-59416 - 1978 - Chewie R2 3p0 - 3 pack" & again Sears being the retailer supplying it, this time though with the ESB era versions of R2 & 3P0

49756906_zpsmgs1jmkg.jpg

54515823_zpsspm9kd65.jpg

Sears - 1982-83 - 49-59245 Darth Vader/stormtrooper/stormtrooper,- 3 Pack Photo Courtesy of ANDY RAYMOND, included is a photo of a 2nd example with a weapons error trooper with Jawa blaster, not that I expect it'll help his aim much🤣

I have checked & cross checked the Kellerman guide & no mention of a second pack with the Hoth Stormtroopers is listed, so as of 27/9/15 you can regard this as another pack guys, really threw me out this has, as you can see they both share the same code, but one has an earlier issue ESB style white box, the other a ROTJ Red Sticker one - if anyone can clear this up & shed some light on this issue I would greatly appreciate your input,

EDIT 22.1.23 - I can now only assume this is indeed the same pack but due to it being issued as last as 83 (most ESB packs only went up to 1982), they updated the box with what was being issued at the time & kept the same code & figure line up??

unnamed5_zpsed59033b.jpg

Sears – 1982 - 49-599246 Boba Fett/Stromtrooper/IG-88 - 3 Pack Photo Courtesy of ANDY RAYMOND

DSC071081_zpsab276046.jpg

Sears – 1982 - 49-59247 Dengar/Zuckuss/Bossk - 3 Pack Courtesy of ANDY RAYMOND

ESB.jpg

ESB5.jpg

Wards 48-24470 yeah of issue unconfirmed but I expect it's 1981 with whats written on the box - At At Driver/Leia Hoth/Imperial Commander/Hoth Commander 4 Pack (added 21.10.21) - some of the figures have never been seen in this baggie type before, so this is quite the exciting discovery both in terms of previously unknown things (Q.C Pack / Never before seen pack / or baggies).

As I understand it this turned up in the latest Hakes auction & till now as said was not known about, check out the dates it was issued, it's not listed in the Montgomery Wards 1981 Christmas catalog, the date written on it is from April 1981, months before the Xmas catalogs were sent out. Makes us wonder if it was from a spring catalog or perhaps another flyer type thing? if so & this is only turning up now, it begs the question - what else is out there we have not yet seen / were there other MP's available in this offer etc etc, make the mind boggle, info / speculations Courtesy of Andy Raymond & Photos Courtesy of Samir Krim

12060067_10153559942817954_1390430158_o_zpsghtunpq6.jpg

Sears Wish Book from 1982 depicting some of the MP figures offered that year, figured this would make a nice addition to this MP post, PHOTO COURTESY OF THE EVER HELPFUL - Andy Raymond
22448407_504794349877645_6461682997318896079_n.jpg

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
ROTJ ISSUED MULTI PACKS

3 pack 3.jpg

The most common of all the multipacks issued by the catalog distributors & still widely available for sale if you know where to look, some are readily available frequently, others are much tougher to track down & as will the ESB era issue some are just dam near impossible to find.

They came with a huge verity of figures/figure combos with some figures making an appearance in several packs, with the toy line being so well established & its popularity huge, lots of these packs were produced, with a vast selection of figure in them with all 77 figures already being in production by the time these hit the catalogs.

They come with a large round red sticker depicting several charterers on it (bar the 3 flyer ones at the bottom), including the very bright red cape bib fortuna pre production figure we are all accustomed to seeing, but never get the opportunity to own.

They came with a catalog folded over inside the box as the previous catalog multi packs did, just this time obliviously related to the ROTJ era & sporting its logo.

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
ROTJ ISSUED MULTI PACKS

13b_zpsfdxszzha.jpg

13a_zpsiybnlvp3.jpg

Sears - 49-59245 - 1982-83 Darth Vader/Hoth Trooper/Hoth trooper,- 3 Pack

PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND Note that the vader is in a SW era baggie making the whole 2 packs with the same code thing even more obscure (see 49-59245 ESB era MP's section for more info)

IMGP6147_zps2d9fc11e.jpg

unnamed3_zpsafe0f327.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel – 19.83 - 48-62687 - 655-3796 - 57-6279 - General Maidine/Rebel Commando/Lando (Skiff)/Luke Jedi knight (know with blue & green saber)/Chief Chirpa/Logrey/Admiral Ackbar/Boussh - 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed2_zps2d971c4e.jpg

Wards/Penney/Spiegel – 1983 - 48-62688 - 655-3804 - 57-6278 - Gamorrean Guard/Ree Yee's/Bib/Biker Scout/ERG/Klaatu/Weequay/Squid head - 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

15959138_1_zpszkluib6h.jpg

Sears/Wards/Spiegel – 1983 - 49-59181 - 48-62689 - 57-6277 - ERG/Biker Scout/Ben/Nien Nunb/C-3p0/R2-D2/Tie Pilot/Yoda - 8 Pack, this pack was also issued with the tie pilot in ESB-h baggie (confirmed from a sealed pack)

566-3861_zps0axvh0jw.jpg

Penney – 1983 - 655-3861 Dart Vader/Luke X Wing/Yoda/Boba Fett – 4 pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

IMGP0300.JPG

Penney – 1983 - 665-3879 - Stormtrooper x 4 – 4 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

49756762_zpsxu8ghpcs.jpg

54515800_zpsnaxal3bb.jpg

Penney - 1983 - 665-3887 - Ben/R2-D2(Sensorscope)/Chewbacca/C-3p0 (R.L) – 4 Pack

unnamed5_zps4a3be823.jpg

Sears – 1983 - 49-59035 - Admiral Ackbar/General Madine/Rebel commando – 3 Pack - this catalog number is a repeat of one used for an earlier ESB Issued 9 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

IMGP0050.jpg
unnamed4_zps7fc15b42.jpg

Sears – 1983 - 49-59041 - Gamorrean Guard/Squid Head/Bib Fortuna – 3 Pack 2 examples shown above with baggies they were issued with, just as an example that not all ROTJ issued packs came with the same baggie types, Note the blue font on this box, from what we know this was the sole ROTJ era pack that came with this colour print on the box, additional image with catalog - Photo Courtesy of Andy Raymond - side note, check out that awesome weapons error squid with 2 blasters in the ESB-h baggie

unnamed_zpsa70ff488.jpg

Sears/Spiegel – 1983 - 49-59222 - 57-6280 - Lando Calrissian/Boussh/Luke jedi (available with both blue or green saber) – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed6_zps8b65ee55.jpg

Sears - 1983 - 49-59444 - Klaatu/Ree Yee's/Weequay – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed8_zps49ccb304.jpg

Sears – 1983 - 49-59872 - Chief Chirpa/Logrey/Chewbacca – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

IMGP6674_zps64261291.jpg

Penny/Spiegel – 1984 - 655-6153 - 57-6290 - Chiief Chirpa/Lumat/Logrey/Wicket – 4 Pack Note the Logray staff - see Logray section for more info, this is NOT a weapons error.

ROTJ 4 pack.jpg

Penney – 1984 - 655-6161 - Leia Organa/Luke FarmBoy/Darth Vader/Han Solo (large head)

49756912_zpsktqzo7xp.jpg

Penney – 1984 - 655-6179 - Chewbacca/IG-88/C-3p0/R2-D2 – 4 Pack

unnamed18_zps509360e5.jpg

Penney – 1984 - 655-6237 - Emperor/Klaatu Skiff/Nikto/8D8/Rancor Keeper/At St Driver/ERG -7 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed11_zps59359a37.jpg

Penney -1984 - 1655-6245 - B-Wing Pilot/Leia (Endor)/Wicket/Han (Trench)/PruneFace/Teebo/Papaloo – 7Pack worth noting the supposed ESB-h baggie for papaloo, which is a twin heat seal overstock baggie, which is correct (see single figure baggies or the Revised kenner guide for details)

unnamed14_zpsb97650a4.jpg

Wards – 1984 - 48-62381 Luke Jedi/Leia (Endor)/Lando (Skiff) – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed9_zpsc62c4ff4.jpg

Sears – 1984 - 48-59010 - Klaatu (skiff)/Nikto/8D8 – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed17_zps29646ce3.jpg

Sears/Wards – 1985-85 - 49-59012 - 48-62251 - Wicket/Papaloo/Teebo – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed10_zpsfcd344a6.jpg

Sears – 1984 - 48-59014 - Rancor Keeper/Prune Face/At St Driver – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

Pete Fitz_zpswurdnbd9.jpg

Spiegel – 1984 - 57-6287 - C-3p0 (R.L)/Ben/Chewbacca/R2-D2/Han Hoth/Leia/Luke X Wing – 7 Pack - Image courtesy of Pete Fizke

DSC06997_zps881a88da.jpg

Sears/Wards/Spiegel –1984-85 - 49-59017 - 48-62252 - 57-6288 - Darth Vader/Emperor/ERG – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

unnamed13_zpsed52ad94.jpg

Sears/Wards – 1984-85 - 49-59021 - 48-62380 - C-3p0 (R.L)/Ben/Yoda/Chewbacca/R2-D2/Han Hoth/Leia/Luke X Wing – 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

49756937_zpsieggcsau.jpg

Sears – 1984 - 49-59023 - Gamorrean Guard/Squid Head/Imperial Commander/Boba Fett/Bike Scout/Hoth Trooper/Stormtrooper/At At Commander – 8 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF ANDY RAYMOND

MP Flyer Pat.jpg

Please note the below 3 x 3 packs do not sport the red ROTJ round sticker & were not included in the Kellerman matrix, but are mentioned in the book in another section & were offered exclusively in a Wards envelope stuffer & assumed to have been offered in credit card statements according to the Kellerman book, envelope stuffer image Courtesy of PAT O'BRIEN

DSC07053_zpsa42ef701.jpg

Wards – presumed to be - 1984-85? - 48-62372 Darth Vader/Biker Scout/ERG – 3 Pack PHOTO COURTESY OF PAT O'BRIEN

Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 à 07.34.21.png

Wards 48-62373 - presumed to be - 1984-85? - General Madine/Admiral Ackbar/Boussh – 3 Pack

Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 à 07.35.19.png

Wards – presumed to be - 1984-85? -48-623374 Boba fett/Bib Fortuna/Squid Head – 3 Pack Photo Courtesy of Samir Krim

244942563_1568977486774318_5619667762573029474_n.jpg

245097500_320951872723398_3510467223370129166_n.jpg

245081378_4614462575258983_2445768233420392658_n.jpg

Catalog 1009-32-sw41, sadly this is the only 1 of the 5 we have any real info & images for, they "maybe" be JC Penney ??

244742647_297524785304298_5203343861158163692_n.jpg

244742647_297524785304298_5203343861158163692_n - Copy.jpg

ROTJ era Line Art Packs (new addition 21.10.21) I have long known about these packs via the ever informative Andy Raymond (thanks Andy) but never had as much as a scrap of info nor any images to include on the guide, as well there's very little known about them, but I am including what I do have below, photos Courtesy of Andy Raymond

There's next to nothing on these packs sadly, what I have I am sharing, I can't make out the figure line up's let alone the pack code numbers so what you see is what you get, these would seem to be different figure line up's to the other packs already covered in this guide, there is no mention of these on the kellerman matrix sadly.

Side note - check out those prices $85 a pop - I'll have them all please :LOL:

POTF ISSUED MULTI PACKS (well sort of)

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE AS YET & likely never will be, but there's always hope!

Penney – 1985 - 655-7128 - Warok/Romba/Wicket/Logrey – 4 Pack – Never seen this pack & may never have been released & if it was there's a good chance it was sent out with carded figures like the other POTF era Pack below

POTF_8_pack.jpg

POTF_8_pack_code.jpg

Penny – 1985 - 655-7136 - Luke (Poncho)/Han (Carbonite)/Luke (Stormtrooper)/Amanaman?Barada/EV-9D9/R2-D2 (pop up)/Imperial Gunner – No example of this pack has ever surfaced & It is unclear if it was ever actually issued, though unlikely.

New info on the above pack as of 2021 - an example of the pack finally turned up for sale on ebay & it can now be 100% confirmed they did indeed issue the pack, sadly not in a mailer box & not with baggies 😭

It was in fact sent out in a large brown padded envelope as you can see & with all POTF carded figures rather than baggies, well it includes a mention in the baggie guide anyway, but what a huge disappointment that those ace POTF era figures were indeed never offered in Kenner baggies - wounded!

Andy_R_MP_pic.jpg

& finally I figured this image needed to be added as it's just such an awesome sight!, behold Andy Raymond's collection all stacked up :eek:

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Special Offer Items (vehicles & play sets)

IMGP8457_zpsc0b4e1e3.jpg

A lot of these special offer items if not all were issued to catalog stores like Sears & Wards (US/Canada) so they could offer something that was not readily available through the larger high street retailers.

There is a huge point of contention with many of the special offers, being did they come with carded figures or baggies?,for the sake of completeness I will include some offers here where little to nothing is known about them

This is an area of baggies which is a little bit of a mystery for some of the released items, many of the Canadian issued items came with MOC's rather than baggies but I am not 100% sure which ones did come with baggies, from my understanding to date only these few Canadian issued SO items have turned up with baggies, but can not be confirmed as having come with them as no sealed examples have been found & opened :eek: to confirm this one way or the other & after so many years it is highly unlikely this will ever happen, so please do not regard everything in this section of the guide as set in stone, rather speculation & assumption, it may simply be a case that some had baggies substituted for the tough to find GDE 12/20 back MOC's, but it is also quite probable that these 3 came with baggies -

GDE Bi-Logo

These came with all sorts of special offer stickers as you can see below -

SOFRONT_zpsf7bfb808.jpg

Death Star (cardboard) 2 x stormtroopers, these were GDE carded figures PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

canada-so-falcon-2_zpsbb52cbb7.jpg

Millenium falcon with Han solo & Chewbacca, these were GDE carded figures PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

na_canadian_mib_yoda_offer_unused_c-85_zps88048aea.jpg

Creature Cantina with Yoda photo courtesy of the Final Frontier Normally found with a 20 Back GDE Card, but I have heard of it being found with a baggie - sadly I can not confirm this & it is more likely to have been pickled back together with baggies

ler_canadian_mib_jawa_offer_unused_c-7_zpse9798c22.jpg

Sandcrawler with 2 Jawas (SW-a) photo courtesy of the Final Frontier more commonly found with 2 x GDE 20 back MOC's, now all the GDE experts are adamant this was only ever issued with GDE carded figures & they are more knowledgeable about them than I, but I have now seen 2 examples paired with SW-a jawa baggies & the biggie for me assuming the experts are correct is this - the SW-a jawa baggie is very rare only having ever turned up in the Palitoy land of the jawas set (that we know of) & with that set being difficult & expensive to find, it begs the question of how would 2 separate sets been put back together with these baggies knowing that they are almost as difficult to find as the GDE carded - food for thought & I am not writing off the possibility that these may well have been issued with baggies at some point, possibly due to stock shortfalls ???

Mike Heel 2.png

Dewback with stormtrooper - Confirmed to have been issued with a baggie (ESB-a) & the only GDE Canadian issued S.O item we can confirm did come with a baggie, Photo Courtesy of Mike Heel

s_canadian_mib_jawa_offer_unused_c-8.5_zpswys0qszz.jpg

Land of the Jawas has been seen offered for sale with a Jawa baggie not a GDE MOC PHOTO COURTESY OF THE FINAL FRONTIER - but is known to have been issued with a GDE 20 back, I can not confirm the baggie was ever actually issued with it & it is looking more likely that the seller just put a baggie in place of the more expensive harder to find GDE MOC

file_27_256_zpsi12cx2pl.jpg

Land of the Jawas ultra rare with a yoda figure, though as it is the world's only known example, its likely we will never know if this came with a baggie or a GDE MOC, but is highly likely to be carded PHOTO COURTESY OF THE FINAL FRONTIER

Maxime Belair 1 S.O snowspeeder - Copy.jpg

Maxime Belair 2 S.O snowspeeder - Copy.jpg

Exciting new discovery as of 22.1.24 with this Canadian issue pink box version of the Snowspeeder offering a free luke X-Wing figure (included), sadly only a rather battered box with partially complete vehicle was found through marketplace on facebook in Canada, we do not know if the figure was included as a baggie or a MOC, but I would assume a MOC judging from the other special offer vehicles offered by GDE, it really is mad such incredible discoveries are still turning up this late in the game, very much something new to me & what a great find.

Kenner USA

The Kenner issued SO items came with large yellow stickers usually in one of the corners on the box fronts like the one at the top of the post, they sported photos of the figures that were included in vehicle/play sets & have become a very iconic & sought after item, many of them are hard to obtain with some of the mini rigs near impossible, due to very small numbers of them having survived & sadly I do not have images for 2 of them yet (Cap-2 & INT-4) - please do get in touch if you have photos available & they will be added.

IMGP8445_zps0a68d0b8.jpg

X-Wing with Pin head han & Luke farmboy SW-a's

IMGP8444_zps4320c74b.jpg

Imperial Tie Fighter with Darth Vader & Stormtrooper SW-a's

IMGP8443_zps9c1ce039.jpg

Landspeeder with R2-D2 & C-3p0 SW-a's

esb-stand2_zpsb6fdc317.jpg

ESB Action Display Stand - never actually issued, but salesman samples & toy fair mock ups have been discovered though extremely rare, the backing card & stand remained the same, presumably to be updated when released with an ESB scene, the only difference from the first issue one was the name tag stickers, but it was intended to be issued as a special offer item (presumably?) due to the inclusion of 6 baggied figure (Bossk/FX-7/Luke Bespin?Leia Bespin/Lando Calrissian & Hoth trooper), examples have been found with ESB-c baggies, but 2 sets surfaced with SW-a baggies, making these SW-a baggies some of the rarest & most desirable baggie know to exist (bar the Bossk which was issued in a single figure mail away & is quite common) - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Mike Heel 3.png

Twin Pod Cloud Car - Bespin Security guard (White) ESB-c - Photo Courtesy of Mike Heel

Mike Heel 4.jpg

Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set with Hoth trooper ESB-a Photo Courtesy of Mike Heel

IMGP8447_zps782970b4.jpg

Rebel Armored Snowspeeder - Hoth Rebel Soldier ESB-c

BOBAFETT_zps61c84b62.jpg

Darth Vader Collector's Case, bounty hunter pack including IG88/Bossk & Boba Fett & confirmed to be the sole way to find the very rare & highly desirable ESB-b baggies, though to Date I have only ever seen two of the 3 figures in this baggie type with IG88 never having to my understanding shown up & could in fact be in an ESB-e baggie (unconfirmed) PHOTO COURTESY OF MR KENNER

Close up of special offer (Below) -

Specoff-VaderBountyOffer_zpsc2a727e7.jpg

& now 12/10/15 a fantastic conformation of the baggies & also a conformation they were now always as previously thought to be ESB-b's but also in some cases ESB-a's, this one as you can see shows both Fett & IG88 in ESB-b baggies, but the Bossk is an ESB-a bag, though Bossk has also been found several times in the very rare & pack specific ESB-b baggie, which confirms (finally) that all three of the figures can be found in this ESB-b baggie, but as said not in every case, good to put this one to rest at last, please also see IG88 ESB-b baggie in the single baggie section for further details. PHOTO COURTESY OF - Chris Fawcett

vader%20SO%20case_zpsbtgb4cxj.jpg

KGrHqQOKjwE6ngy7uKBOvcHpblQ60_35_zps4e27137e.jpg

Darth Vader Collector's Case 2ND issue with Luke Bespin/Yoda & Darth Vader, I have to date not confirmed which baggie type came with this set, but it is presumed to have been either ESB-e or ESB-f but I think? its the ESB-e's - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Further photo of another example which shows it a little better but minus the protective bag (Below) -

esb_vader_head_figures_no_figures_zpsuss1hqi0.jpg

Some new more decisive info on the S.O Mini Rigs Courtesy of Mike Heel -
3-backs -

MLC-3 ESB-F

PDT-8 ESB-F

5-backs -

MLC-3 ESB-D

CAP-2 ESB-A

MTV-7 ESB-D

The above are confirmed & here is a little more info -

The INT-4 is a 5 back. The MLC-3, MTV-7 and PDT-8 all came on the 3 and 5 back boxes however the stickers that represented the free figures were different. The CAP-2 and INT-4 were never offered on 3-backs.

MLC-3_special_zpse80441a2.jpg

MLC-3 - 2 versions 3 & 5 back Hoth Rebel Commando presumed ESB-c - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

mtv7-specialoffer_zps0ca70575.jpg

MTV-7 - 2 versions 3 & 5 back, again presumed ESB-c but may have been ESB-a - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

SO_PDT-8_front_zpsa48f8a3e.jpg

PDT-8 - 3 back 2-1B either ESB-c or ESB-a - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

IMGP8458_zpsd1583624.jpg

INT-4 - 5 BACK At At Commander presumed ESB-c PICTURE FROM THE KELLERMAN GUIDE

IMGP8459_zps5fbd2172.jpg

CAP-2 - 5 Back, Bossk Presumed ESB-c PICTURE FROM THE KELLERMAN GUIDE

Toltoys Australia/New Zealand

Usually found with a smaller yellow rectangular sticker without pictures of the figures like there Kenner counterparts - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

But have also cropped up with small red circle stickers & also huge yellow strip like the ones at the bottom

Toltoys-002-701644_zpsad0e917c.jpg

SOLandspeederjpeg-770771_zps970aadf9.jpg

Landspeeder Luke Farmboy/R2-D2/C-3p0 - not confirmed which baggie, could even have been MOC's, but baggies are presumed to have been in this (speculation) PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

Mike Heel 1.jpg

Dewback stormtrooper baggie type unknown but sustpecter ESB-a 1st issue Photo Courtesy of Mike Heel

SO-Wampa-754120_zps397e7faf.jpg

Hoth Wampa - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

SO-Tauntaun-799495_zps65063300.jpg

TaunTaun - Sadly the only example to have surfaced was just a cut section from a box front - so again no clue as to which figure was included let alone the baggie type, but it is logical to assume it was a hoth figure, maybe Han & another figure?? we will just have to keep guessing eh

SO%20tauntaun_zpsgn2nmzx1.jpg

TaunTaun Version 2 this one was offered in the Australian equivalent of the Sears wishbook (Waltones Greatest show on earth) & as you can see by the sticker it was Han Hoth included with this version of the special offer & it also still sports a Waltone sticker in the top right hand corner of the box front, I am assuming this was an earlier offer that the other one above as its a solid belly Tauntaun rather than the open belly version in the other offer.

Paul%20Naylor_zpsf7lbiasf.jpg

Paul%20Naylor2_zpsbz1w4yiu.jpg

Waltones Greatest show on earth toy catalog as mentioned above, this is the 1981 issue which shows the above special offer Tauntaun as well as some stunning 3 packs & the death star playset 8) PHOTOS COURTESY OF - Paul Naylor

Meccano France

Matthieu%20Barthelemy%202_zpso5nbqcg3.jpg

Matthieu%20Barthelemy_zpsftrkcraj.jpg

Troop Transporter -new addition 24/3/15 just found out thanks to Matthieu Barthelemy via FB that an obscure baggie I picked up is in fact a legit baggie rather than an aftermarket botch, great news!, photos of the vehicle box & special offer sticker courtesy of Matthieu Barthelemy

IMGP8738_zpsotlcxtci.jpg

Sadly the baggie is split & missing one stormtrooper.

0154708403513256_6152081432866067674_n_zpsbfilq3oa.jpg

Special offer Troop Transporter ESB issue, same Star Wars logo box was used but the stormtroopers were replaced with Hoth troopers for the ESB release

Steacutephane%20Faucourt_zpsfg4s39lg.jpg

Baggie for the above Troop Transporter

Steacutephane%20Faucourt2_zpsizviy8ef.jpg

Same baggie as above but with a double weapons error - all 3 above images COURTESY OF Stéphane Faucourt

PALITOY

Andy%20Clarke%201_zpshxcj0wa4.jpg

Land Of The Jawa's - at last a palitoy item to include, though not technically a special offer item as the jawa came as standard with the palitoy version of the play set, this one is rather special as it has the elusive Sw-a baggie for the Jawa, the general consensus is that either A - this was issued prior to palitoy getting there own baggie stock, or B - low stock levels, so this being a substitute, though I assume scenario A is more likely PHOTO COURTESY OF Andy Clarke

Close up of the baggie is in the Jawa section of the guide if you want a closer look.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom