Watch out! Post Fakes, Repros, Customs selling on ebay here

rob71

Sith Lord
I've reported the item to ebay under couterfeit item heading... let's see what they do about it. For extra information I put

"Bubble not the original shape. Hanger punch on card too central. BIN price too low for original."

Before I did that however I messaged the guy and suggested it may not be a genuine cardback. He got back to me to his credit, and basically told me to mind my own business...

What really pisses me off about this guy more than costawankastarwars is that he's not charging fake prices, he's asking for serious money although not as high as a real figure in that condition would go for.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It sold for $250...............................someones not gonna be happy.....Instant paypal claim (unless buyer is a total moron). I do not know why these guys bother anymore.

rob71

Sith Lord
What an absolute scamming prick! Here's the best bit... he's selling another one exactly the same. Lucky guy, having all those perfect MOC 12-back Chewies :p

Ebay have done absolutely nowt in response to my red flagging the item, they are providing the marketplace for this kind of **** but it seems they don't have to accept culpability...

Here in NZ they have Trade Me, and while it is still annoying to use the greedy feckers, at least they respond quickly to something like this. Any report of dodgy selling and they pull the listing first, ask questions later.

PGowdy

Grand Master
rob71 said:
Its obvious the seller knows its illegal, hence the low asking price. Do ebay really not give a **** about this type of thing (selling counterfeit items)?

No, ebay couldn't care less. It's only when the owner of a copywrite or right to produce gets in touch with them that they will remove an item or listing. We've had experience of people selling fakes and literally 20 to 30 members filing reports including a couple of phone-calls to make sure they know what is going on. They do nothing. It's just not worth their while. They say they take counterfeiting very seriously but what they take seriously is being sued. They couldn't care less about items being counterfeit. There are 10s if not 100s of thousands of counterfeit items on ebay but unless they're in risk of being sued they're not bothered as long as they get their 10%.

rob71

Sith Lord
This is the latest reply I had from the redneck ****... laughable really.

Dear rob_evans,

Hello again lil Robbie...You really need to get out more often & get laid don't you. Sorry not erveryone on the planet is a dork Star Wars action figure douche bag expert like you seem to consider yourself, but I have better things to do w/ my time. You must have a pretty pathetic life being you have probably been thinking about this all day & had to "have the last word". I have made $250 off of one & will get another $250 for this one, so suck on that for a while queer...Oh yeah & may the force be with you ***** boy...

Sincerely yours....

The Dark Side

- dallasmountaineers

Dear dallasmountaineers,

Hello, me again. Both this item and the one you have just sold to some unsuspecting buyer have bee flagged to ebay as counterfeit goods. Have a nice day, thanks.

- rob_evans

rob71

Sith Lord
I have done just that, under "harassment"... :D
and apologies to anyone I may have offended by using the word "redneck" - I should have said "bigoted" :oops: . But he's still a **** :twisted:

poncho

Grand Master
avoid this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-star-wars-figures-/321143701424?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item4ac5a7ffb0

cant even spell repro properly

rob71

Sith Lord
I once worked at the same place as the thickest **** I've ever met in my life. On his arm was a tattoo of the Grim Reaper, and underneath it read "REPO MAN" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom