Non Kenner Baggie basic Guide

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I've bought from palitoy employees who have found boxes of baggies in their lofts.
Plus then there are guys like Toy Toni who bought from palitoy when they closed down.
Some of my old rare pal baggies traced back to Toni.

It's crazy what can turn up in a palitoy Baggie. Some are common, some rare as hens teeth.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
sdc12732.jpg

smooth no COO ( NOT scar )

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks frank for the thread. I can see my new clipper vader looks like the correct one :D

Its the same one as the one I have, but is know to have come in both this baggie & a no text baggie which is marked on page one also as - "Euro-b - No Text single seal –soft (Clipper)" & I have been told a couple of times that it has been found as a loose figure (no baggie at all) inside some sealed boxes, but I have no conformation of that to date, nice score on your mailer BTW Lars ;)

I need to get back to this thread soon & try to answer everyone in full, please excuse my tardiness, but have been having a bit of on odd week to say the leat, will get on it soon & huge thanks to del for helping out with questions on here in my absence

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Frunkstar said:
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks frank for the thread. I can see my new clipper vader looks like the correct one :D

Its the same one as the one I have, but is know to have come in both this baggie & a no text baggie which is marked on page one also as - "Euro-b - No Text single seal –soft (Clipper)" & I have been told a couple of times that it has been found as a loose figure (no baggie at all) inside some sealed boxes, but I have no conformation of that to date, nice score on your mailer BTW Lars ;)

I need to get back to this thread soon & try to answer everyone in full, please excuse my tardiness, but have been having a bit of on odd week to say the leat, will get on it soon & huge thanks to del for helping out with questions on here in my absence

Thanks frank for the huge information about clipper baggies and for the kind words :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
**Delboy75** said:
The no text baggie, everyone ive ever seen or owned were heat sealed. The material is much much thinner too.
Ive owned a vader, and helped id a ig88. Definately something that was sealed for palitoy imo, maybe even done at palitoy?

Macau baggies,
The blue text is the common one, always heat sealed.
Much rarer, ive only ever owned 1 but seen a couple online are green text ones (like the r/limbs c3po colour). Mine interestingly was a macau r/limb 3po. All the green text ive seen are tape sealed.

And then the red text. The red text baggies are really poor. They look like homemade jobbies really scruffy seals on all 4 sides if remember correctly. They are real, ive seen way too many for them to be fake but they are shockingly bad. Even the text is crappy BUT something you need to own Frank lol.

Euro baggies are a minefield mate, i was asked dozens of times to do a guide but i always said i wouldnt as imo it would take some serious time to undertake. Imo they are too inconsistent, the majority of pal baggies were sold either in the wollies 8 packs or in huge bins to dealers directly from the factory. They were not intended to be sold in baggies so there seems to be no real pattern with them.

Kenner released their baggies in purpose made multipacks, so you get consistency, figures bagged with the intention of being sold in their baggies.

Palitoy baggies on the whole were just bags of figures to be removed for carding, its just how they were shipped.
A box of say 400 figures shipped in, all in one baggie type. They get removed from the baggies and put into bins of figures.
Im not sure what happened to the weapons, seperate bin maybe? i cant see them being tipped into a huge bin mixed with the figures as it would be time consuming pairing them back up.

Light fingered staff would take bagged figures home, many surving to be later sold as 'attic finds'.
These are real baggies, palitoy baggies but never really intended to be sold as baggies.

Ive seen the DSD is so many different palitoy baggie types its unreal, yet none are intentional baggies.

I respect what your doing mate, like i said before it was something i wasnt willing to take on. Im not complaining but the amount of baggie question i would get each day was unreal. Doing a guide would of helped me no end, i just didnt have the time to dedicate to it.

Thank you for coming to my aid Del, sadly just not been on here as often as I would like of late & a poor show considering it my thread, but you know how life can throw stuff in the way of what one would prefer to be spending ones time on :|

I agree with what your saying regarding the material on the no text baggies, all are pretty thin material & seem to "cloud" very easily, not sure if all of them are Palitoy though as i have seen a few that I am not 100% about TBH m8, some other Euro issued ones I think, but who knows, maybe they were all done at Palitoy & then distributed further throughout Europe??.

I had not noticed that the green text Macau baggies were all tape sealed, great tip!, the red text is indeed another baggie I NEED to own, sadly I have only ever seen one go up for sale & at the time did not know enough about there authenticity to put my neck on the chopping block - fool!, but hey better to be safe than sorry, as you say they do look really crappy init.

As for consistency, you hit the nail right on the head, Kenner intended to issue them with all the store multi-packs & later the Special offer vehicles & play sets, sadly palioy/Euro ones were never destined to fall in to collectors hands, the ones that started the ball rolling for me came from an Ex employee as you know & I still have not seen many of the ones I first got become available for sale, so many must have gone in to employees pockets only to turn up in later years to our great pleasure & confusion :lol: I will plodd on regardless with the guide as TBH I am not bashing my head against the wall with it & plan to just keep plodding & adding more as & when it surfaces.

If only we had had the forethought to invest in some of those Woolies 8 packs back in the day, if only to prove the last 17 came that way let alone all the other great baggies that pop up here there & everywhere, I always find it a joy when something new & unheard of pops it head up baggie wise, who knows what wonders still lurk in dark places just waiting to be turned up, I think thats why we both loved baggies, Euro issued in paticular, something IMO the US baggie collectors are missing out on & a major part of the fun of collecting baggies for me at least.

Joe

Grand Master
Changed your title from none to non Frank :)

Bump for a great guide too!

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Frank awesome info mate. Nice one.

Here is the one Del used to own

Made in Macau baggie

105.jpg

Thanks

Vince

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Do you own it now Vince or is it still locked in Dennis's collection.

When I bought that one from eBay (France) the seller said he had 2.
I bought them both, but when they arrived one was in a regular Kenner Baggie.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
snaggletooth said:
**Delboy75** said:
Not Frank, but im here so can answer as best i can lol.

The Ig88 looks palitoy to me.

Now the Greedo is one of those that confuse things as it could easily be kenner or palitoy. However, i'd imagine if it was palitoy it would be the no coo, the boots look quite dark so check the boots for coo or lack of.

Memorys a little bad now on coo/baggie combos, but i think the china bagged luke bespin DOES contain the pal figure.

Hi Del, Thanks for the reply and thats some great info you have posted above.

I was hoping you might still be around and thanks for confirming that the IG-88 is a Palitoy, James quoted you in another thread which gave me the impression it was a palitoy.

The greedo as fas as I know is known as the Meccano baggie, no COO scar. Now this confuses me as the figure is made by PBP just like the light green walrus man, snaggletooth and the Vader above(Clipper)

I know the greedo appears on Palitoy cards as well as other euro cards, so him being found as a Palitoy baggie makes a lot of scence but to me this baggie is very similar to the Vader(Clipper) but a slighty thinner plastic.

Also the Meccano Walrusman and Snaggletooth are very similar to my IG-GG Baggie, maybe thats a clue to where he was made and these baggies in my opinion should be PBP maybe PBP/Palitoy or PBP/Meccano. I'm not sure on the IG-88 but love to hear what peoples thoughts are?

Hi Frank, any chance you could add pics of your PBP Lando?

That's Greedo, Vader and Lando now that are found in this Type of Baggie and all have Scar COO's made by PBP, the thickness of the plastic bags are slightly different but IMO there the same type. It wasn't unusual for PBP to use what ever materiel they had available at the time and Maybe the YPS ST could also be this type of baggie but made with a much thicker material?

This is where I get confused, PBP Snaggletooth and Walrusman both come in a different Type of baggie, the same type as our IG-88, james Greedo and my Luke bespin IMO. Those COO's don't match and after looking again I thought I'd cracked it as I noticed the snag and wally baggies have one overlap longer at one end than the other, so does James Greedo and that COO doesn't match up to PBP.

I always thought James Greedo and my Luke and IG-88 where HK No COO figures, are all those figures actually made by the PBP factory or are all of these figures actually all made in Hong Kong/Macau?

I've added pictures of all mine to see what you guys think
DSCF7134_zpsc69d2a69.jpg

MeccanoWalrusManLightgreenwithpinktusknolegdetail1_zps0a7defd8.jpg

DSCF7574_zps85618ebb.jpg
aussiejames said:
Not IG88 but a similar baggie?

Del confirmed this as legit (Palitoy) it is a very thin plastic- almost like gladwrap (cling film- not sure what you guys call it?)
It's also a no COO figure #2

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sorry I totally forgot to get back & answer this Scott & TBH after much head/ass scratching I am also a little in a grey area about this lot, I think we should meet up & compare them all & see if we can get a handle on these once & for all - up for that?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
Sorry I totally forgot to get back & answer this Scott & TBH after much head/ass scratching I am also a little in a grey area about this lot, I think we should meet up & compare them all & see if we can get a handle on these once & for all - up for that?
Sounds good to me mate, I'll bring them with me when we meet up for the fishing 8)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Just noticed that you've done the Jawa in the thread- made me think if there is any VC Jawa examples?

Here you go -

IMG951633_zpsa0d29990.jpg

Just been bought in the states by a fellow collector I know, sadly I am pretty convinced its a fake, but its been sent off to AFA so we will see what they have to say about it, I have spoken to Del regarding the possibility of one existing & we are both of the same mind in that if there were one it would have come in a SW issued one rather than an ESB or ROTJ era one, most likely a SW-a (White text one) & would have been "most likely if produced" have come in a early bird SW brown box multi-pack, though there is ZERO evidence to support this bar a promotional photo in (I think?) a store catalog.

EDIT which was shown loose BTW

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom