new hope dashed

commonbeing

So I was in Morrisons in Bishop Auckland a month or so ago and there standing at the front of the shop was life size cardboard hansolo and Chewbacca advertising for the solo movie. I immediately asked if Chewbacca was for sale as he looked awesome, they notified me that they were running a raffle to win him so I promptly bought a few strips of raffle tickets.

Now last Thursday I get a call "you've won Chewbacca" I was over the moon and said I would be in to collect him soon. When I arrived I was told the someone else had been in and taken the Chewbacca,gutted!!!!
They offered me the hansolo which can only presume the other person had really won but wangled my Chewbacca away from me. I was very angry as you can imagine, they lady told me that she wasn't the one dealing with the raffle and to come back Monday.
I've just been back in and they made some cock and bull story that I had in fact won the hansolo showing me my ticket stub which they had written Han solo on, as if that was true and they hadn't just written it on to fob me off.
The universe really plays games with you sometimes!
I feel like joining the dark side now :x

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep people make mistakes all the time - like posting about trying to get a 2018 cardboard standee in the vintage section

subzero

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Yep people make mistakes all the time - like posting about trying to get a 2018 cardboard standee in the vintage section

:lol: Welcome to the forum! :lol:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I'm sure there's a joke here, about missing out on something big and hairy......but I'm buggered if I can think of it.

By the way, welcome to the forum :D

lejackal

Grand Master
db94 said:
Now this truly is a vintage post. Good to see you posting Colin :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
South London Gangster?.... cardboard cutout ****! (From The Business).

I too clocked those in Morrisons in Hadleigh and thought - I would like that Chewie. Then I walked off and got in my car :wink: If you don't like the Solo I'm sure you can sell it and buy something you do want 8) I think you can get a Chewie one online for about 30 spons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom