new 40th anniversary figures from hasbro

grinchy

Sith Lord
Just seen this online
the new figures for the 40th wave, non poseable diecast with base and inserts
qmdl1ygvaue3bucysqqn_zpsoitbuetd.png

link with info
http://io9.gizmodo.com/an-exclusive-look-at-some-of-the-new-toys-celebrating-s-1792170393
Also 6 inch scale static pieces like the star wars unleashed line , I'm impressed,

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
The "centrepiece" range may be interesting.
Thought we might get something more in the way of action figures.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Loving the packaging, shame they included the prequel jets with R2.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair1.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,031
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair2.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair3.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair4.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_toyfair4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,038

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Going to have to buy all these, fingers crossed we get something similar in the 3 3/4 range

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I expect (reading above) that I'll be in the minority with my thoughts on these... but...

How utterly uninspiring... Jeez why someone at Hasbro can't design anything original is beyond me. Rehashing the vintage cards is literally the most boring and obvious option. Folks with no interest in packaging and design could've put them together, its not clever. I guess it has an element of collectors will love it, but surely collectors want more than the same old cardback design rolled out again with a different figure in the bubble on the surface?!?!

Is it that the customers for this product are so unable to see past the obvious themselves? Is it that there is such a void in art/design at schools that we've grown up to see this level of work as the norm and therefore acceptable, or at times lauded as something its not.. its like the emperors new clothes! :roll:

When Gentle Giant made direct replicas in a large scale, that was at least interesting, but this is just the lowest common denominator of design.

Look around and see the amazing artwork that folk like Mark Daniels, Dan Tearle and Ali Eales create based on vintage toys and characters to understand how much better and more interesting this line could've been. I get that its a 40th anniversary product, but why not be inspired by history instead of just trying to replicate it?!?!?

As someone with an Art & Design education working in Buying I find it all just a little bit depressing...

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
I expect (reading above) that I'll be in the minority with my thoughts on these... but...

How utterly uninspiring... Jeez why someone at Hasbro can't design anything original is beyond me. Rehashing the vintage cards is literally the most boring and obvious option. Folks with no interest in packaging and design could've put them together, its not clever. I guess it has an element of collectors will love it, but surely collectors want more than the same old cardback design rolled out again with a different figure in the bubble on the surface?!?!

Is it that the customers for this product are so unable to see past the obvious themselves? Is it that there is such a void in art/design at schools that we've grown up to see this level of work as the norm and therefore acceptable, or at times lauded as something its not.. its like the emperors new clothes! :roll:

When Gentle Giant made direct replicas in a large scale, that was at least interesting, but this is just the lowest common denominator of design.

Look around and see the amazing artwork that folk like Mark Daniels, Dan Tearle and Ali Eales create based on vintage toys and characters to understand how much better and more interesting this line could've been. I get that its a 40th anniversary product, but why not be inspired by history instead of just trying to replicate it?!?!?

As someone with an Art & Design education working in Buying I find it all just a little bit depressing...

Totally agree, I'm totally underwhelmed by this too. Looks like they've taken an easy option, such a shame

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
There are a bunch of photos up on sirstevesguide.com seems to be a few, Luke, Jawa etc.
They do look nice and if it is just a fixed set of 12 or something I might be tempted, but I wouldn't want to get drawn into a new never ending line etc. But to be fair these don't look any different that the first OTC line from a few years ago. A nod to the past is one thing, but this is the second or third time they have done these figures like this now...

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looks to be a bit of a mixture for these and 5 are up for pre-order here in the US - http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-hasbro-official-star-wars-figure-photos-243608

I like the idea of them and feel I might get the Sandpeople (never feel quite right calling them that when I'm only talking about one), but I'm not going in for them all. The 6" line don't fit into my collection so I'll probably just get the one (or perhaps a Jawa as well), and call it a day for these.

Ian

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
I was looking at these yesterday, and as far as I can tell, all of the pre-orders are sold out in the UK, unless anyone knows of somewhere that doesn't? was looking for an R2.

any one know of the best place to keep an eye out for when these things are released?? Twitter/Instagram accounts, somewhere else??

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Online retailer selling an 8 pack for £179.95 so that's £22.50 each.

I'm up for buying this if anyone fancies a few -

Ben, Leia, Luke and Han
There's only one R2 Unfortunatly

Anyone interested?
Cheers

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
db94 said:

Ben, Leia, Luke and Han

Anyone interested?
Cheers

I'm keen on the Leia if you do.

dlhibbert

Padawan

Ben, Leia, Luke and Han

Anyone interested?
Cheers

Doesn't that make 9 figures or is there only one of the others as well?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom