Latest Modern Acquisitions

grinchy

Sith Lord
Not seen any fetts out in store, hope you find one
A friend on facebook just bought one of these r2 cake stands, he thought they might look good with figures on it
I agree it would look cool with a small R2 focus on it or figures, reminded me of one of the vintage playsets, its around two foot tall
0153627648936834_4544079768019803760_n_zpsd6irrnei.jpg

_57_zpsf781mpd3.jpg

Collins1987

Padawan
There was a couple of 6" chewies going on eBay for 10-11 pound might be worth a look

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121729283823&alt=web

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
the last few Disney Crossover figures, including the overpriced rehash box set, which makes it sound harsh but it was a little pricy, but worth it to keep the full set.
these are getting fewer and fewer in release now so I am assuming the end of the line may finally be here, there really aren't many characters left to cover. Still gotta love em :)

Attachments

• efds.jpg
    efds.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 551

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love the Bossk and IG88 twin pack - I have went to every Asda and Tesco in my area (and phoned the ones further away) but they have nothing!!!
Chuffed you guys are getting some bargains though - grab them while you can.

Was actually thinking about that the other day - modern collectors really need to grab things first time round because if you decide you want it later it's going to cost a lot more than it did originally on the shelf. Couple of Vintage Collection figures I'm after now that are going for silly money that I passed on when they were in abundance!

Here's the only thing I've picked up lately - a nice freebie cardboard promotional box from Game when I pre-ordered my Star Wars PS4, I've got it sitting in the living room and every time I look at that Walker I can't wait to play the game in November :D

WP_20150823_001_zpswx1wnihe.jpg

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just picked up Black Series Yoda and Luke Hoth at my local Tesco - down to 4 quid!

I only pick and choose the occasional modern fig these days but I couldn't pass up at that price. :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Chico is selling one

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8971&p=359458#p359458

grinchy

Sith Lord
picked up the 30th anniversary vader with coin album, really nice set, now i'm thinking of getting the album loose and trying to get the coins, wish me luck!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think hunting down the coins would be great fun, a challenge but great fun :D

Picked up these today and I really like them, at £9.97 each they are slightly more expensive than I thought but great sculpts and paint jobs.
Will be looking to get Kylo and Phasma tomorrow, plus the X Wing, oh and maybe the Millenniun Falcon drone and possibly the TIE fighter.............bloody hell it looks as though I'm collecting episode 7 stuff :lol:

WP_20150903_006_zpskfsbcyyl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Those look great mate, where did you pick them up? i'm after the tie fighter myself, plus the figures plus whatever else i can get my hands on, :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Asda - we were in the aisle when the boxes arrived so snapped them up, we weren't even out of the shop when we heard them discussing how it was a mistake and they promptly cleared the shelves.

Got a full Force Friday day planned tomorrow - we're going to Disney Store, Toys R Us, Forbidden Planet and then Smyths.
Means an early start and a long drive but it's got the making of a great day :D

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Went along to Toysrus at midnight last night and got freebies given to us - a t-shirt, keyring, poster and mini lego set. Bought 3 of the figs including the last Kylo Ren at the time, i'm not getting back to collecting modern but I did want to buy something. Disappointed that there were NO vehicles other than Lego stuff to look at. Not sure if any are being released just now or whether its the same old Hasbro distribution. The store manager said they weren't given enough stock of everything.

There were also a free raffle for for Lego sets including the brand new 130 quid Falcon. Needless to say I didn't win any but there was about 100 people in the queue. All in all it wasn't bad for staying up a bit later. My mate and I went along, we bought a few figs, had a laugh and a coffee and enjoyed some geekness for an hour or so. :D

[url
P1020411_zpspysozhhk.jpg
][/url]

[ATTACH=full]151137[/ATTACH]

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just home, no midnight madness up here just early opening of the Disney Store.
We went to Disney, Toys R Us, Forbidden Planet, Smyths and Asda.

Disney had all the figures and BB8 :D TRU had the figures, Smyths had very little and Asda nothing.
No one had any of the vehicles, Disney were giving out pins and Smyths posters and lego stickers. Was a great day but glad we're home, feet up and enjoy the toys time :D

WP_20150904_015_zps18uxncat.jpg

WP_20150904_017_zpscw7lafz7.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Wow mate thats a great haul, you got all the heavy hitters, very nice!
I went to the warrington tru last night for the midnight opening, got there around 9.40 pm, there was around twenty people there allready when we got there, by the end of the night there was well over a hundred, i was worried it was going to be a mad rush but they only let us in a few at a time, managed to snag most of what i was after, i really wanted the black series 6 inch line but they were snapped up within minutes, people were buying by the case and certain figures like captain phasma, and kylo ren were quickly sold out, heres my haul
DSCF5686_zpsdk6lhiod.jpg

DSCF5687_zpsgvikto1e.jpg

I was let down on a friend getting me the six inch rey and bb8, but i'm sure i'll get it eventually
When i got home this was there waiting for me, an ebay buy, camie and fixer two pack, don't have any of the comic packs but this was less than a tenner so picked it up
DSCF5688_zpswekrnyb0.jpg

DSCF5690_zpsowewmcv2.jpg

Stronghold

Padawan
Some nice pick ups :)

Love the comic pack never seen them before.
Most of my force Friday items are all on preorder including the black series Tie Fighter.
A little bit disappointed about the lack of items which made it over to Europe, looks like the states had a much wider selection (as per normal)

Stronghold

Latest posts

Top Bottom