Latest Modern Acquisitions

MarkG

Jedi Master
My local ASDA come up trumps last night. Been after one of the Fett/Stormie twin packs for ages, and refuse to pay twice the price on eBay.. they had one left on the shelves.. till I nabbed it.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great R2 phone mate

I have the Vader one, still works when connected, love it 8) ( Wife is not so keen on Vader as our phone though :roll: )

grinchy

Sith Lord
vader phone sounds good mate, does it do the breathing or voice when it rings?

Just got this, never seen one before and I really liked the card art on it
cover_zpsxmtfukqz.jpg

covert_zpstkufrcle.jpg

ghj_zpsluwkousj.jpg

chiffy

Sith Lord
Ive got that trooper card Grinch its pretty damn swell i thought, abit different also. I used to have the Vader phone. Cant remember what the **** happened to it but when it rings you get the Imperial march theme then he turns his head and does the heavy breathing bit, awesome!

grinchy

Sith Lord
Ah, cheers mate, that vader sounds cool, yeah the card art on this figure is really nice, did they only do this one figure? seems a strange figure choice, i would have thought a vader or burnt anakin would have been more appropriate, but either way very nice

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some more 5 POA figures - they honestly look great.
Probably best modern Wicket I've seen and the biker scout is pretty damn good as well.
Can see me picking up all the original trilogy figures.

WP_20150301_031_zpshkilt95c.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Those look great, they are a throwback to the vintage line, i have yet to see these at retail, only on ebay, might have to bite the bullet and get some, this and the boba fett and trooper pack really look good

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah the 5 POA really isn't a problem when they look as good as this.
Here's a super articulated 14 POA Stormie next to the much cheaper 5 POA - I prefer the cheaper, you mentioned how good the helmet looked in one of your previous posts.
Glad I got the Vintage Collection figures - they were great, lots of accessories and top notch soft goods but there is something special about a basic style SW figure just like the kind we played with back in the day.
They are better for kids and if they put them on a decent card they are great for us collectors - win win :D

WP_20150301_033_zps7hezekxb.jpg

WP_20150301_034_zpsuttbr7mi.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Now thats what i'm talking about! thanks for the comparison pics mate, i hope going forward they use this new helmet sculpt, it makes the other modern helmets look crappy in comparison.

chiffy

Sith Lord
I was gonna get the 18 inch stormie but the fact that his head was a completly different material to the body really put me off so didnt bother. Presume the rubber head was easier to just bang the luke and han heads on the same body the cheapskate bastards!

grinchy

Sith Lord
I have the stormie to, and wondered about that, weird they went with a different matt plastic for the helmet, i can live with it though.
Picked up the new six inch vader, very cool figure, i wish they'd have left the helmet of in the box so you can see the headsculpt without opening, i'll be keeping mine in the box
DSCF5193_zpskb6ev9xn.jpg

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
chiffy said:
I was gonna get the 18 inch stormie but the fact that his head was a completly different material to the body really put me off so didnt bother. Presume the rubber head was easier to just bang the luke and han heads on the same body the cheapskate bastards!
yes head is slightly different material but not as bad as the large scale 31" figure

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
grinchy said:
Picked up the new six inch vader, very cool figure, i wish they'd have left the helmet of in the box so you can see the headsculpt without opening, i'll be keeping mine in the box

thats why you need to buy 2 like i did :lol:

2Darths_zpss3bceof7.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom