What a dick!!!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This isn't Star Wars but I thought I'd mention it because some people on ebay just ****ing amaze me and it's the sort of thing I've had before with Star Wars. I was looking to buy some Nike Air trainers and messaged the guy for some more photos because there's fakes about and I know what to look for to make sure they're genuine. He'd posted one photo of both shoes sitting on the box from quite far away. These were the messages between us:

"Hi, I'm thinking of buying these. Can you please post some more close up photos of the tongue patch, side logo, back logo/plate and the sole. Cheers,"

"Hi, sorry what you see is what you get, you can zoom in on the picture, I don't get requests for more pictures to be fair, there has been no complaints from any of my customers, if you are in doubt or unsure whether to purchase my items you have the choice not to as I do not expect returns, once you have paid the item is yours so it's entirely up to you."

"Well that's a rather strange and hostile reply. I'm obviously asking for some more photos because I can't see exactly what I'm getting. There's a lot of fakes about. I can tell if they're genuine by the parts of the trainers I mentioned. If you can't be bothered to post a couple more photos for me then you're not a very good seller and you won't be getting any business from me. And by the way, anyone can return your items within 14 days for any reason they like" :)

I just don't understand the mentality. What a dick!!!

EDIT:

Oh my life! I just got this back from him:

"For you information I don't accept returns can you read? No hostility my end pal and why would I want to sell to someone I clearly am am aware is insinuating I sell fake goods, I don't exactly know what you assume your going to purchase elsewhere for the price I sell for these retail at £120 a pair, and it's not the fact I can't be bothered to send more pictures its just you I won't send more to as I've already sussed you out and your assumptions as for that you pop along to j.d. Sports good luck and good day"

lejackal

Grand Master
Complete twat. Either post plenty of pics to start with or take more?
The only time I begrudge more photos is when I've taken decent ones to start with and it's basically a loose beater :lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
This isn't Star Wars but I thought I'd mention it because some people on ebay just ****ing amaze me and it's the sort of thing I've had before with Star Wars. I was looking to buy some Nike Air trainers and messaged the guy for some more photos because there's fakes about and I know what to look for to make sure they're genuine. He'd posted one photo of both shoes sitting on the box from quite far away. These were the messages between us:

"Hi, I'm thinking of buying these. Can you please post some more close up photos of the tongue patch, side logo, back logo/plate and the sole. Cheers,"

"Hi, sorry what you see is what you get, you can zoom in on the picture, I don't get requests for more pictures to be fair, there has been no complaints from any of my customers, if you are in doubt or unsure whether to purchase my items you have the choice not to as I do not expect returns, once you have paid the item is yours so it's entirely up to you."

"Well that's a rather strange and hostile reply. I'm obviously asking for some more photos because I can't see exactly what I'm getting. There's a lot of fakes about. I can tell if they're genuine by the parts of the trainers I mentioned. If you can't be bothered to post a couple more photos for me then you're not a very good seller and you won't be getting any business from me. And by the way, anyone can return your items within 14 days for any reason they like" :)

I just don't understand the mentality. What a dick!!!

honestly some people

subzero

Sith Lord
Complete nob jockey, so basically from his reply he might as well have said to you he's selling fakes lol.

I remember the once earlier this year I messaged a seller about a PS Vita, the screen looked okay in his photos but there was a bit of grubbiness and smudges on it so was difficult to tell if there were any scratches etc.

So I messaged politely saying i'm interested in buying it and asked if there are any scratches or marks on the screen because the screen looks a bit dirty and it's hard to tell, so he messaged back with "well get a cloth then and clean it or don't buy it"

Some right wankers out there! :evil:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It always makes me laugh when people waste more time arguing than it would have taken to just do what you asked in the first place.

indianawars

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I know, it's just daft. I sent no more messages after that, I can't be bothered wasting my time on idiots. There's a million other pairs of sneakers out there.

Good for you buddy. It's so easy to get tied up into a negative situation. You did the right thing, they aren't worth another moment of your time.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
What an idiot! Not only has he lost a perfectly good sale (if the trainers are indeed genuine), he also apparently cares not at all about his reputation. I hope you reveal his seller ID so we can all avoid buying from him; he certainly deserves to lose a lot of customers!

Out of interest, what is his feedback like? With that stinking attitude, it should be piss-poor!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
What an idiot! Not only has he lost a perfectly good sale (if the trainers are indeed genuine), he also apparently cares not at all about his reputation. I hope you reveal his seller ID so we can all avoid buying from him; he certainly deserves to lose a lot of customers!

Out of interest, what is his feedback like? With that stinking attitude, it should be piss-poor!

Exactly. I would have bought the trainers for (£50) asking price if he'd just posted a photo of the tongue. I wasn't insinuating he was selling fakes, I was just asking if I could check they are not fakes. There's a difference. I think his feedback is good. Sure, his seller name is; dachamberlain1972
I just bought a nicer pair of trainers today for £40 :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
The world is full of **** wits, a lot of people go out of their way to be deliberately nasty and obstructive.

I have learned to rise above these twats and just smile and wave :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom