Ebay pop ups.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Does anyone else continuously keep getting pop ups appear when on eBay?
I have pop uos blocked, but this keeps happening, only on eBay.
8900B6FD-F8CF-433A-9FDF-0266BA3D1361.png

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I only ever view eBay on my PC, and I use Poper Blocker on Google Chrome and hence rarely see any ads or pop-ups of any kind, and none at all on eBay. If I saw what you are seeing on my PC, I would be very suspicious that I had a virus and would immediately run a full virus scan. However, it may be different with phone / tablet and especially Apple users, so hopefully this is nothing for you to worry about (annoying though it is), but hopefully someone more familiar with iPads than me can chip in to help :?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I looked into this as I was getting it on my iPad. There were loads of recommendations for malware removal programmes and ad blocker software, but in the end I just did the following:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Not had it at all since :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I looked into this as I was getting it on my iPad. There were loads of recommendations for malware removal programmes and ad blocker software, but in the end I just did the following:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Not had it at all since :D
Thanks, it's Jay, isn't it?
I've done this in the past but I've already tried this but it didn't work.
Supposedly a pad can't get a virus?
Nick

subzero

Sith Lord
Same with me I only ever use PC so don't get those pop ups, however what does piss me off is every single time I put an offer in on an item shortly afterwards I receive a message in my inbox, hoping it will be a seller counter offer or a reply from a seller iv'e been waiting for. Only to see annoying spam directly from ebay saying "How badly do you want ( insert item name )?" with a winking smiley face next to it and telling me to try a higher offer.

I can't get rid of the damn things, iv'e clicked on the option to stop receiving these which tells me I can opt out of them in my setting, but can't find a single setting anywhere to ****ing get rid of it, I get this message every single time an offer is refused or countered by the seller :evil:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lindo said:
Keep getting it on my ipad too
Thanks Lindo, this is so infuriating...I've stopped using eBay at present as it pops up every time for me at present!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Have you tried running some anti malware software in your iPad, Nick? You may well have some sneaky software/trojans in the background.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Have you tried running some anti malware software in your iPad, Nick? You may well have some sneaky software/trojans in the background.
I've had a look at different apps, can you recommend any?
Strange that it only happens on eBay.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:
is malware not a virus? thought Apple couldn't get a virus?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:
is malware not a virus? thought Apple couldn't get a virus?

That used to be true many, many years ago. But since Apple products are now so widely used that the bastards that make this nasty stuff make it so you can be affected whether you're a PC or Apple user.

Nick, I'm afraid I'm not an Apple user, so can't really recommend. But I'd suggest a Google for iPad anti malware software and see what come up. Or maybe best to search the app store and go by ratings.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Lindo said:
Thanks Lindo, this is so infuriating...I've stopped using eBay at present as it pops up every time for me at present!
Nick, do you ever use the eBay app? I don't get the pop ups on there and IMO it's awesome for surfing eBay for purchases, and also for selling. Granted you can't do some of the more complex seller admin on there but I just hop on over to the website for that stuff. The saved searches on the app are so much more user friendly. :D
Jay

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
Lindo said:
Nick, do you ever use the eBay app? I don't get the pop ups on there and IMO it's awesome for surfing eBay for purchases, and also for selling. Granted you can't do some of the more complex seller admin on there but I just hop on over to the website for that stuff. The saved searches on the app are so much more user friendly. :D
Jay
Thanks Jay, I have started using it today, as I only get the pop ups on eBay I thought I'd give it a go.
It's so much easier to use and the pictures are easier to enlarge etc.
Can't recommend it enough to anyone else having this annoying thing happen.
Many thanks for the help, appreciated. :D
Nick.

Just wanted to add that touch wood the pop ups have now been cured by a forced restart.
If anyone else wants to try, hold the home button and the on/off button until the Apple logo appears and then release both buttons at the same time, then allow your pad/phone to re start.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom