too many eagle eyes

poncho

Grand Master
i stumbled upon this auction and it makes me think how many people trawl ebay hours upon end

listed as starwars.....

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarWars/302774011028?hash=item467ebcc494:g:dLgAAOSw8SpbJWED

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
poncho said:
i stumbled upon this auction and it makes me think how many people trawl ebay hours upon end

listed as starwars.....

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarWars/302774011028?hash=item467ebcc494:g:dLgAAOSw8SpbJWED

:|

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:
Subzero, you know who you are! :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if this went for closer to £200.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
poncho said:
Probably right... but if you were patient you would pick one up in this condition or better for under £150
You are correct, I bought a really nice one last Sep from FB of all places for.....£125.
I couldn't believe that the auction went under the radar, you have just got to be patient and throw in a bit of luck!

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
poncho said:

What did I do this time? :lol:

Badly listed auctions are now mostly a thing of the past unfortunately, you'll still pay for it thanks to ebay's suggested items feature. :(

This is the way people spot these poorly listed auctions, the last few weeks iv'e been looking for a 1994 USA World Cup sticker album typing in the words 'USA 94 sticker album' into the search, when looking at one of the latest ones listed I spotted recommended ones for similar items inside that listing suggested by ebay. I seen one that wasn't showing up in my results in previous searches, with the poor title 'Panini album'... now you'd think nobody would bid on that because nobody is searching for just 'Panini album' when looking for this USA 94 album, but through the last day of the auction every ****er was bidding on it and my nice little secret auction wasn't so secret anymore and I ended up paying what it usually goes for.

Everyone else was also spotting it as a suggested item while looking at the same album from other sellers. :|

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
So it ended up selling for £156 but what's so special about one of his other figures that sold?,cheers Dave.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/302773984462?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

poncho

Grand Master
chewbaccadave said:
So it ended up selling for £156 but what's so special about one of his other figures that sold?,cheers Dave.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/302773984462?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137
the infamous disco boots varaint! overated plastic for sure. it hasna different mould and looks as though the figure is wearing platform shoes

i thought it was i had a punt at £10 lol purely as a novelty variant

i actually asked on jabbas court if it was the a disco boots variant i was quickly told no by a member!

its value in the variant circle is £300-800 crazy

poncho

Grand Master
here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-124404.png
    Screenshot_20180624-124404.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 969

poncho

Grand Master
the above example shows how ridiculous variant collecting has become

i suggest all members check there DSC and put it on ebay/jabbas auctions and cash in if they have the platform shoe mould

TK-7785

Jedi Master
poncho said:
TK-7785 said:
That's just ****ing stupid!
indeed my friend :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm partial to a bit of variant collecting, but forking out that kind of money for this figure is daft. Personally I prefer to buy lots and see if you strike gold. Far more satisfying to happen across a hidden gem for a few quid investment than to drop big bucks. I could probably pay off my mortgage if there are enough people like this who want to buy all my hollow tube Tuskens and "PBP" Snowtroopers. :lol: Each to their own I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom