Do you guys think that this is an unpainted version?

indianawars

Sith Lord
Do you guys think that this is a genuine unpainted Leia? I only ask because the unpainted figure hasn't been graded or labelled.
Along time ago in a not so far away galaxy, I submitted a figure to UKG which I thought was a genuine unpainted figure. It turned out that somebody had cleverly removed all the paint from the figure. UKG wouldn't grade the figure but were happy to encase it. Given that this "unpainted" figure has no labelling, could it be that this isn't a genuine unpainted figure, but a figure that UKG were happy enough to encase along with the standard graded Leia figure?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WAR...ymlovRAAqHtvVtBgPW931QMDjAY%3D&orig_cvip=true

subzero

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
Do you guys think that this is a genuine unpainted Leia? I only ask because the unpainted figure hasn't been graded or labelled.
Along time ago in a not so far away galaxy, I submitted a figure to UKG which I thought was a genuine unpainted figure. It turned out that somebody had cleverly removed all the paint from the figure. UKG wouldn't grade the figure but were happy to encase it. Given that this "unpainted" figure has no labelling, could it be that this isn't a genuine unpainted figure, but a figure that UKG were happy enough to encase along with the standard graded Leia figure?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WAR...776071?hash=item33eb76fdc7:g:meoAAOSwkLJbCTxX

If it is fake I find that completely shocking that a grading company like UKG would encase that together with a genuine figure, it should be encased separately on it's own, talk about confusion!!? :?:

If it hasn't been graded then i'd say it's def fake because otherwise they would have graded it?

indianawars

Sith Lord
subzero said:
indianawars said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WAR...776071?hash=item33eb76fdc7:g:meoAAOSwkLJbCTxX

If it is fake I find that completely shocking that a grading company like UKG would encase that together with a genuine figure, it should be encased separately on it's own, talk about confusion!!? :?:

If it hasn't been graded then i'd say it's def fake because otherwise they would have graded it?

This is the email I received from Steve in-regards to casing my figure. What concerns me, if this is an ungradable figure cased along with a graded figure, then it's truly confusing and misleading. I turned down to have my figure cased as I wanted to return it back to the original seller. But they shouldn't be offering to case up figures that aren't legit or are suspicious. I've seen similar unlabeled items with made up fairytale stories as to why it didn't receive a grade/label. But this one truly would truly be taking the piss.

Untitled.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
subzero said:
indianawars said:

This is the email I received from Steve in-regards to casing my figure. What concerns me, if this is an ungradable figure cased along with a graded figure, then it's truly confusing and misleading. I turned down to have my figure cased as I wanted to return it back to the original seller. But they shouldn't be offering to case up figures that aren't legit or are suspicious. I've seen similar unlabeled items with made up fairytale stories as to why it didn't receive a grade/label. But this one truly would truly be taking the piss.

Untitled.jpg

Fake figures should always be sent back as they are and not cased imo, it may confuse new collectors, especially when it's cased along with a genuine graded one in the same case, it just baffles me why!

Ahh, good old Jimmy Superfly Snuka haha!

Lindo

Sith Lord
has anyone asked the seller for a reason? I would think that it could not be authenticated, because if it could it would have been, surely it would be worth a lot more graded

subzero

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Limbs, torsos & heads are painted prior to assembly. The chance of a production figure missing out on all paint is virtually zero.

Very good point there, it would be equal to or more rare than winning the lottery for that amazing coincidence to happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom