spot the hidden treasure

TrooperWill

Padawan
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kenner-Star-Wars-job-lot-of-figures-including-Imperial-Gunner-and-Barada/162902240814?hash=item25edbaee2e:g:g84AAOSw-RFahFHn

shame it'll probably turn out to be a fake.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
To good to be true, the seller has no feedback. Some may think it's worth a gamble. :?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You two beat me to it.

Seller has zero feedback and has what you are meant to think if a VCJ casually sitting in with a load of other beaters. If that doesn't get alarm bells ringing, nothing will. One glance at the VCJ and I'd be walking away and warning others to do the same.

TrooperWill

Padawan
hey i did say it'd turn out to be a fake, in the second picture you can see the bottom edge is uneven where its been cut...

amazing what idiots will bid on, amazing what people will pull to boost their sales.....

TrooperWill

Padawan
think this is even more ambitious:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-Caped-Jawa-Action-Figure-With-No-Cape-Correct-COO/183035121382?hash=item2a9dbe4ee6:g:eek:jQAAOSwUg9aaNqZ

let me know if this "hey look, another eBay idiot" thread becomes tedious.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TrooperWill said:
hey i did say it'd turn out to be a fake, in the second picture you can see the bottom edge is uneven where its been cut...

amazing what idiots will bid on, amazing what people will pull to boost their sales.....
To be clear, I certainly wasn't having a go at you; I was making a joke. You did indeed say it would probably turn out to be fake, and you were spot on! :D

I agree it's a shame sellers like this think they can get away with stupid shenanigans like this. I know it's just about possible the cape was cut down years ago and the seller thought nothing more about it when selling the figures today, but it's much more likely that the cape has been cut down much more recently in a deliberate and cynical attempt to con the unwary! Notice how the listing doesn't actually mention the Jawa at all. Instead it's just casually sitting there like it isn't a great big hole ready to be burned in some reckless bidder's pocket! Notice too how the Ben the cape was donated from is suspiciously nowhere to be seen! What a coincidence that is! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah we're all just confirming with you that it is indeed fake, and simply making a mockery of the seller.

lejackal

Grand Master
TrooperWill said:
think this is even more ambitious:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-Caped-Jawa-Action-Figure-With-No-Cape-Correct-COO/183035121382?hash=item2a9dbe4ee6:g:eek:jQAAOSwUg9aaNqZ

let me know if this "hey look, another eBay idiot" thread becomes tedious.
You laugh but at least this has the blaster. These were selling at around £100 on EchoBase last year :lol:

TrooperWill

Padawan
To be clear, I certainly wasn't having a go at you; I was making a joke. You did indeed say it would probably turn out to be fake, and you were spot on!

gents, don't sweat it, no offence taken, we british have an awful habit of coming across as sarcastic or pissed off via the typed word, or so my yank friends tell me!

wait, people were actually paying £100 for a naked jawa last year? because ill happily undress mine for 10x the profit compared to their cloth capes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom