Is it just me or...

tigerham

Sith Lord
... is this guy shill bidding? Not only these two examples but quite a lot of completed listings. Unfortunately I was sucked in but had a suspicion so held back until the end on one of the items. Sill got shilled. I have just sent him a message trying to be as innocent as possible as still waiting to receive my item (although it's been posted).

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 07.32.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 07.40.58.png

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah that looks well dodge, if I was you i'd report it to ebay, if they discover the bidders account is from the same IP address as the seller then they'll take action on it.

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let ebay investigate it.

tigerham

Sith Lord
I've now been blocked from seeing his listings both completed and for sale but can see the listings if I log into eBay.com. Just received a message from him so see what he has to say.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Yeah that looks well dodge, if I was you i'd report it to ebay, if they discover the bidders account is from the same IP address as the seller then they'll take action on it.

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let eBay investigate it.

I've reported ALL completed listings that bidder has bid on which is quite a few. Either same IP address or even get a friend to do so via another computer elsewhere. That way no IP address link.

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
subzero said:

If it's not actually a shill bidder then nothing bad will happen to him anyway so you might as well report it and let eBay investigate it.

I've reported ALL completed listings that bidder has bid on which is quite a few. Either same IP address or even get a friend to do so via another computer elsewhere. That way no IP address link.

Hmm, I didn't realise you could block someone from seeing past sales?

This morning I did have the same problem when trying to view another seller's past sales and I just got an error message up in red, so it could def be a glitch.

But yeah if it's not the same IP address but maybe an account that's within so many miles of the seller then maybe ebay could determine it from that?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Ah ok. Well that was good timing going by what I just had written to him. But it must have been a glitch as it showed in red my end too with an error message. Thank you for clearing that up.

tigerham

Sith Lord
See what happens now since I've mentioned it to him about the bidder, if it still continues or stops. OR if eBay intervene.

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
See what happens now since I've mentioned it to him about the bidder, if it still continues or stops. OR if eBay intervene.

All glitches aside it still does look very suspicious, so will be interesting to see what happens.

He might not get suspended though he could just get a warning, but yes if the bidding completely stops from that account then i'd say he's either had the warning off ebay or decided to stop himself after you messaged him.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:

All glitches aside it still does look very suspicious, so will be interesting to see what happens.

He might not get suspended though he could just get a warning, but yes if the bidding completely stops from that account then i'd say he's either had the warning off ebay or decided to stop himself after you messaged him.

Absolutely.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Ok, so the bids have reached over 'that bidder's' highest limit which was placed early this morning around 3am on one of the items mentioned... so far.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 18.55.41.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom