Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Just curious as spotted this and thought it odd. A Chief Chirpa with it's staff TAPED to the side of bubble. Not seen this before so not sure what's going on here. Plus a bit of research on Google show's others with the staff loose. Hmm!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M0206-TRILOGO-BACK-70A-CHIEF-CHIRPA-STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-ORIGINAL-MOC/152641141044?hash=item238a1ef934:g:L1oAAOSwLzNZ4H-F

Any thoughts?

tigerham

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
I think it's a re seal, damage to the left of the bubble.

Yes, i was wondering about that as noticed two cut looking marks, one on the top left side and one on the bottom right side.

s-l1600.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have never seen a tri-logo chief chirpa moc with tape.

Mine does also not have tape, see my picture :wink:

CHIEF CHIRPA 132.JPG

tigerham

Sith Lord
"Mine does also not have tape, see my picture :wink: "

That's what I thought. Nice piece btw Pomse2001. Thanks for the help. :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
tigerham said:
sparkysx said:
I think it's a re seal, damage to the left of the bubble.

Yes, i was wondering about that as noticed two cut looking marks, one on the top left side and one on the bottom right side.

s-l1600.jpg

These marks are really common on Tri-logos, I wouldn't say it's a re-seal because of those marks. That said I've never seen weapons taped on Trilogo's either. :?

tigerham

Sith Lord
"These marks are really common on Trilogo's, I wouldn't say it's a re-seal because if those marks. That said I've never seen weapons taped on Trilogo's either. :?"

Thank you. :)

Oracle

Padawan
Just to add to the mix, I have a tri-logo Teebo with taped weapon. I know it's original as it is from my childhood collection.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Yes the marks you ref r to are on many Tri logos.

Sounds like taped ones are out there as well
I have been looking at Tri Logo's a long time and never seen a taped weapon before.
Does anyone know Joe well enough to ask him, as I am sure he would be able to clear this up.

Oracle

Padawan
In support of Trilogo taped weapons, I have two examples: Teebo and Han Solo.
Both have clear tape to the right hand side of the bubble, when viewed face on.

I can state that these are 100% original figures, bubbles, weapons and tape! Both figures have been in my personal childhood toys and collection, bought in the UK in the 1980s. Although I removed these figures and weapons from the cards, I have no reason to have added the tape to the bubbles. These have been removed, and played with but for whatever reason I kept all the cards and bubbles. The Han bubbles is still partially attached to the card, so could not have been mixed with another.

I am sure there will be other examples of Trilogos with taped weapons.

Attachments

• HanSolo.jpg
    HanSolo.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,137
  • DSCF2725.JPG
    DSCF2725.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Teebo_trilogo.jpg
    Teebo_trilogo.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSCF2731.JPG
    DSCF2731.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,137

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oracle said:
In support of Trilogo taped weapons, I have two examples: Teebo and Han Solo.
Both have clear tape to the right hand side of the bubble, when viewed face on.

I can state that these are 100% original figures, bubbles, weapons and tape! Both figures have been in my personal childhood toys and collection, bought in the UK in the 1980s. Although I removed these figures and weapons from the cards, I have no reason to have added the tape to the bubbles. These have been removed, and played with but for whatever reason I kept all the cards and bubbles. The Han bubbles is still partially attached to the card, so could not have been mixed with another.

I am sure there will be other examples of Trilogos with taped weapons.
I stand corrected. :oops:
I said it before, you learn something new everyday in this hobby!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Absolutely about learning something new every day. Life would be boring otherwise. ;)

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Looks like some tri-logo was sold with tape, but was the chief chirpa sold with tape ? or is that one a resealed ? :?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Personally I think the Chief Chirpa is fine, looks like quit a lot of Tri-logo's had taped weapons and nothing else looks out to me.

:)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Yes, going by what's written in this thread and the photo's it looks to be legit. Thanks for all your help.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really interesting thread, guys.

I have certainly never seen a taped weapon in a Tri-logo, sealed bubble. I have only been collecting them a few years but it's a well known feature that the weapons aren't taped, as folks have already mentioned.

Oracle, welcome to the forum, mate. You've got some lovely bits from your childhood. Kudos to you for keeping them! However, I am discounting your two examples of taped weapons for two reasons: Firstly, they're open. Memory plays tricks on us and we humans are fallible! The fact they're open does preclude them from being evidence of taped weapons. And 2) The weapons are taped on the wrong side. Sounds like a funny thing to say but the only time I know if weapons being taped on the right hand side of the bubble (as you look at it) is for IG-88, Cloud Car Pilot and I think Luke Jedi(?). The common feature there is they all had two weapons/accessories to hold.

As for that Chripa. Hmmm. As mentioned the lines are common enough. I can't see anything that screams reseal but I have an amazing IG-88 Trilogo reseal that doesn't look like one. The tape says reseal to me but if in doubt ask the question of the seller, buy it (although it's at least twice the price you should look to pay for Chirpa in Trilogo in that condition!) and then you have ample grounds for a return. If it isn't a reseal it's a very cool trilogo variation :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Really interesting thread, guys.

I have certainly never seen a taped weapon in a Tri-logo, sealed bubble. I have only been collecting them a few years but it's a well known feature that the weapons aren't taped, as folks have already mentioned.

Oracle, welcome to the forum, mate. You've got some lovely bits from your childhood. Kudos to you for keeping them! However, I am discounting your two examples of taped weapons for two reasons: Firstly, they're open. Memory plays tricks on us and we humans are fallible! The fact they're open does preclude them from being evidence of taped weapons. And 2) The weapons are taped on the wrong side. Sounds like a funny thing to say but the only time I know if weapons being taped on the right hand side of the bubble (as you look at it) is for IG-88, Cloud Car Pilot and I think Luke Jedi(?). The common feature there is they all had two weapons/accessories to hold.

As for that Chripa. Hmmm. As mentioned the lines are common enough. I can't see anything that screams reseal but I have an amazing IG-88 Trilogo reseal that doesn't look like one. The tape says reseal to me but if in doubt ask the question of the seller, buy it (although it's at least twice the price you should look to pay for Chirpa in Trilogo in that condition!) and then you have ample grounds for a return. If it isn't a reseal it's a very cool trilogo variation :)

Thank you for the info. Really appreciated.

tigerham

Sith Lord
At a glance and guess I would say a reseal purely for the crease on the back which could appear from taking the bubble of going by the way it's creased. Also there are a couple of breaks in the side of the print next to the bubble which could be the tear. Maybe. Better safe than sorry plus if the seller knew it was a reseal they would have put that in the description unless they wanted to make the cash. Either way.

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom