Custom vintage style figures

subzero

Sith Lord
This is an interesting one, it's getting some quite good bids, I don't know who this character is supposed to be but I can tell it used to be an Emperor figure. The seller has some other custom ones listed too, the ceremonial Luke looks pretty good..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-vintage-style-custom-Melas/253298088319?hash=item3af9be197f:g:5vUAAOSwNchaKB~n

Palifan

Sith Lord
subzero said:
This is an interesting one, it's getting some quite good bids, I don't know who this character is supposed to be but I can tell it used to be an Emperor figure. The seller has some other custom ones listed too, the ceremonial Luke looks pretty good..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-vintage-style-custom-Melas/253298088319?hash=item3af9be197f:g:5vUAAOSwNchaKB~n

It's one of the aliens from the Cantina and I guess it's never been made as a modern figure which is why it's attracting the bids, either that or this is a known custom figure maker.

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
subzero said:

It's one of the aliens from the Cantina and I guess it's never been made as a modern figure which is why it's attracting the bids, either that or this is a known custom figure maker.

Ian

Aahh of course yeah I remember that character now, pictured it straight away.

Maybe you're right then if it has never been produced, and this custom is actually a pretty neat job with the head moulding.

Palifan

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Palifan said:
subzero said:

Ian

Aahh of course yeah I remember that character now, pictured it straight away.

Maybe you're right then if it has never been produced, and this custom is actually a pretty neat job with the head moulding.

It could be the reason although it's not for me so best of luck to who wants it the most.

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'm not sure enamel paint was the way to go though, bit shiny (for the modern line) and bobbly in places.
Good head sculpt though.. is that from a modern line figure?

subzero

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
I'm not sure enamel paint was the way to go though, bit shiny (for the modern line) and bobbly in places.

It def does look a bit too shiny, there's also a slight fingerprint on the chest. I think maybe treating it like a miniature and using an airbrush to paint it then a couple of layers of satin varnish over it would have done it perfectly.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
The head of the character Melas is actually the back of the character Ketwol's head. Both were new aliens introduced to the Cantina scene for the first time by George Lucas in the Special Editions (where presumably he saw the opportunity to get two new aliens for the price of one ;-)). When Hasbro subsequently sculpted their modern line Ketwol figure, they did so accurately, meaning that the back of his head is a ready-made custom for Melas.

All 3 pics below have been shamelessly stolen from Google. Credit to the original posters.

Hasbro Ketwol:

Ketwol.jpg

Custom Melas:

IMGP6684.JPG

And here's the custom Melas from eBay:

s-l225.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom