Would you have done what I did?

Cronker

Padawan
Hello
So I was selling some old beaters, and the auction ended at $10.50. The automated postage fee on eBay was $10.50 also (which is about right)
The buyer contacted me saying the postage was too expensive and would I be willing to reduce it to $3.
I questioned him, because a padded bag is $3 alone and postage is $8. So with eBay and PayPal fees, I'm basically giving the figures away for free.
He responded, telling me that by simply putting some stamps on a bag and dropping it into the post box, we will get away with it.
I told him that this is mail fraud and a federal crime and I would rather not do any business with him.
Waiting now for the negative feedback on eBay.
What say you?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would have pretty much done the same, although I would have given him an option to go through with the origional postage price again. I don't understand buyers who moan about postage cost after they have bid and won an item where the postage cost is printed in black and white, if you think it's to much don't bid or bid with the postage in mind.

You don't go to a garage and fill your car up with petrol, walk in to pay and say I'm not happy with the price per litre can you do it a bit cheaper do you? :roll:

lejackal

Grand Master
People forget that packaging costs money and eBay take 10% of what you charge for postage and PayPal take another 3%. If only we could all buy in bulk and not pay U.K. tax like the river supplier

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Then he should not have bid on it and if he think the mail is to high then he could have asked about mail prices before bidding.

If you sell on the forum and not Ebay then you don't have to pay paypal or ebay :wink:

subzero

Sith Lord
Yes as already said above, stick to your guns you are 100% in the right.

These types of 'ebay idiots' iv'e come across countless times, they complain about the price like as if it's somehow your fault and they blame you for it. When they bid they agree to the full cost along with the very clearly stated postage cost, nobody forced them to place their bid / or buy it.

And yes these types of idiots usually don't have any logic, that part seems to be missing inside their little brains and they are more likely to leave you neutral / negative feedback because they're a bit thick in the head, but you can easily get ebay to remove it. Iv'e seen many other sellers feedback's in the past from these divs leaving neg saying things like "I paid too much for this".. or "the postage only cost £0.96 but I paid £1.10"

I don't care if the postage only cost £0.96, if I charge £4.99 then that's what the buyer pays, I could have any kinds of costs involved in that price such as packaging costs, car fuel, parking etc. And don't be afraid to give them a piece of your mind about this and let them know they're being silly ( without insulting them ), you're fully in the right and shouldn't be afraid of their feedback response.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes agreed, you have done nothing wrong. If the idiot leaves you negative feedback simply show eBay the email thread where he is asking for a reduction in the postage charge after winning the auction. If they have any decency at all eBay will cancel the feedback.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom