Anyone know anything about this seller?

subzero

Sith Lord
I'm pretty sure most or all of you on here recognise this seller from their listings ( disneyland*pony*bronies*star*wars*collector )

They were some of the first listings I saw when I first started 'ebaying' for vintage SW toys last year, the backstory with this seller is that all of the figures they're listing are from their Uncle who owned them years ago?.. but what's peaked my interest is there seems to be an apparent endless supply of pristine absolute mint examples of very rare figures. I can't even recall how many endless C9++ pop up R2's iv'e seen listed over the past 12 months, they never seem to stop, also among many other figures.

Don't get me wrong i'm not calling this seller out or anything or trying to accuse them of selling fakes etc, i'm just really curious as to how someone can happen to have so many of these figures, somebody passing down this amount of very high grade figures just seems a bit unrealistic to me, and half of me naturally thinks they might be telling porkies and they're just a trader, I don't know. What I do know is if I was in that position i'd have shifted everything in less than 6 months.

What's your opinions?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1977-1984-1985-Star-Wars-POTF-droids-R2D2-popup-pop-up-lightsaber-saber-/152698990849?hash=item238d91b101:g:4SAAAOSwvTBZtahd

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I know what you mean, I had wondered about things like aswell. this seller always has annoying squiggles in the description and everything has plenty of bids on them.

when I first started buying on ebay in 2004 there was a seller called 'sarah vinalls' (I think the spelling maybe off) she had loads constantly listed for years and I had wondered the same about her, she always started each listing with something like....

"let me tell you about myself, I have been a collector of star wars figures for many years and over that time I've accumulated al of these figures"

was another one called something like Dr Kenobi on ebay that also had constant flow of figures for auction

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
I know what you mean, I had wondered about things like aswell. this seller always has annoying squiggles in the description and everything has plenty of bids on them.

when I first started buying on ebay in 2004 there was a seller called 'sarah vinalls' (I think the spelling maybe off) she had loads constantly listed for years and I had wondered the same about her, she always started each listing with something like....

"let me tell you about myself, I have been a collector of star wars figures for many years and over that time I've accumulated al of these figures"

was another one called something like Dr Kenobi on ebay that also had constant flow of figures for auction

Yes that's it too their prices always get top top whack, a lot of times iv'e even seen bids go way higher than the current value estimate, but maybe it's an entirely different ballgame when it comes to absolute mint, people might think they'll never see one again so they all fight over them with overpriced bids.

Yep exact same thing with this seller when you look at a description of any listing you see an entire story about this person and their items, full of tons of images that almost crash your computer trying to load it all lol.

While I find the seller's backstory very plausible, I also find the whole thing strange too!

Commander Clint

Padawan
Avoid this seller. I can't remember where I've seen the name before. If I remember, this seller has a few alias's. But alarm bells are ringing.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Commander Clint said:
Avoid this seller. I can't remember where I've seen the name before. If I remember, this seller has a few alias's. But alarm bells are ringing.

They had a nice looking Yak Face on Trilogo up about 6 months ago. Got me all excited as had the £1.59 sticker on it and a Kaybee 2/$1.00 sticker. They vaguely alluded to some fault on the seal but it was so vague it was a non-thing. But as it was going to cost a lot I asked questions only to get more vague answers. On asking for more photos they eventually sent them and it was quite clearly a reseal. Not a bad one but a reseal. They're dodgy alright. That said, if you cover yourself with more questions and photos then I wouldn't necessarily not bid, but just make sure I'm well covered come a dispute...

subzero

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info guys, I have been a bit tempted a couple of times to bid on a couple of things in the past, but I def have enough info now to not ever buy anything from this seller. I don't deal with dishonesty especially when it comes to lying about items being genuine when they're not, such as saying a reseal isn't a reseal when it is, and about blasters being correct for the figures when they're not, big no no!

I'm fully convinced now this is just a dodgy trader pretending to have all these toys passed down through his 'family' so he can avoid having to register his ebay account as a business. Selling privately obviously excludes him from having to accept change of mind returns, and if someone requests to return an item if not as described then i'm assuming that would be more difficult to do with a seller in a private account.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just out of interest, what would people here consider normal amounts of selling?

For example, I but the occasional ( and it is occasional) lot and upgrade and sell as required. I do make a small profit which I use for my habit!

But now I'm contemplating thinning out my collection quite drastically for financial reasons. By the time I get down to selling a small army of Stormtroopers, it will amount to hundreds of items over the next six months.

Is there good etiquette to letting people know what I'm up to and what they're buying from?

I

subzero

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Just out of interest, what would people here consider normal amounts of selling?

For example, I but the occasional ( and it is occasional) lot and upgrade and sell as required. I do make a small profit which I use for my habit!

But now I'm contemplating thinning out my collection quite drastically for financial reasons. By the time I get down to selling a small army of Stormtroopers, it will amount to hundreds of items over the next six months.

Is there good etiquette to letting people know what I'm up to and what they're buying from?

I

Hmm it's hard to say really, I suppose it depends on someones perspective of what 'normal' is, and with large collectors like yourself the amount you'd be selling would be normal to you lol. The only thing that seems not normal to me is when somebody says they're not a trader, but then spends the next year or two listing non-stop mint pop up R2's every week or so like the seller 'disneyland*pony*bronies*star*wars*collector' does.

Not that there's anything bad or anything in selling high volumes, it's just that it can raise some eyebrows if it seems excessive with very high value stuff, and obviously the choice is yours whether or not you choose to tell your buyers or not. But would they even need to know?.. most likely not. One thing I do know though is if an ebay seller tells me a small backstory that they've been a collector for x-amount of years and they have a large collection, that def gives me more confidence to buy from them and I prefer to choose them than another seller, as i'd have more confidence there's no repro stuff and that things will be in nice condition if something is advertised as such.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yet another absolute mint pop up R2...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1977-12-1984-1985-Star-Wars-POTF-17-droids-R2D2-pop-up-lightsaber-saber-/162683768936?hash=item25e0b55068:g:61wAAOSwdQNZxeVu#viTabs_0

Pulled straight from the card apparently then listed the figure and card separately, did they open this thing and destroy it or something?, pictures apparently show the bubble being tore away from the card to take the figure out. :evil:

Makes me laugh what the seller says at the top of the description, ( actual quote ) - "We're pulling most of this from my uncles show cases, Grams house, and a few pieces are coming from misc friends & family members who for whatever don't want them... maybe dups, or upgrades, not sure & don't care. All I know is that they (family & friends)buy & give to us to sell for whatever reason(s) and that's that."

I'm finding that statement extremely hard to believe, and this must be the 20th complete mint pop up R2 iv'e seen from them so far.

:?:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom