A new level of madness

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
We all know prices are going crazy now but this is way over all of that

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-Vintage-Original-YAK-FACE-Figure-Last-17-POTF-Palitoy-i-Baggie-Mint-/262962421736?hash=item3d39c81fe8:g:pd4AAOSw~y9ZB5Zg

The thing is all bidders are private and maybe it is just me but im always suspicious of auctions that are this way as you can't even see the full identity of who is bidding on normal open auctions. :?:

Lindo

Sith Lord
This divvy is shill bidding for sure, as said it is always suspicious when sellers hide bidders identities, also his other stuff is way too over priced, 130 odd quid for a rotj churpa and over 130 for a smashed up ackbar, 130 quid for a b wing pilot when one sold for 50 last night!! hope the twat gets charged full final valuation fees and doesn't have any offers from ebay once he sells them to himself!!
oh yeh and just happens to be a new ebay user bollox

Jibbajabba

Padawan
The guy has a feedback score of 13 and, as far as I can tell from my phone, those were all for purchases! He sold thousands of ponds worth of sw stuff and oil paintings, all ending yesterday- I strongly suspect that if there any genuine winners amongst those bids then they're in for some serious disappointment, followed by a lot of hassle claiming their money back- amazing how people can bid so blindly and how open to abuse eBay is :roll:

Jamieh72

Youngling
Afternoon all,

Well I had the winning bids on a couple of figures on the auction, so will let you know if/when they turn up.
Think next time, I will just buy from sellers on here!

Jamie

Palifan

Sith Lord
All these listings did look suspect and the amount of VCJ's that sold does make alarm bells sound (2K for an AFA 85, wow these things have gone up and I think the Droids Boba Fett went for less?!). The one thing I was wondering though is who is pay 150 GBP for a Micro Bespin Control room? That's one of the easiest sets to get so it does seem either crazy or unlikely to me.

Ian

Jamieh72

Youngling
Also there were no more bids after mine, even though there was still 48 hours to go on the auction when I placed them.
As has been mentioned I don't think this is going to end well!

Lindo

Sith Lord
What I find ludicrous is that a loose vcj went for more than an afa 85 one, I can understand some people may want loose but surely you would buy an authenticated one and break it open

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Ebay is like my arse! All Ebay is bothered about is making 'PROFIT!' the greedy barstewards. Don't be fooled in they pretend to care with their Ebay Resolution Centre and Money Back Guarantee. You will still have to go through hell and back to prove you were ripped off in the 1st place. I used to sell lots on Ebay and this seller is definitely a fly-by-night chancer if ever I saw one! Throw him in the Sarlac Pitt before he does any more damage!

Jibbajabba

Padawan
Jamieh72 said:
Afternoon all,

Well I had the winning bids on a couple of figures on the auction, so will let you know if/when they turn up.
Think next time, I will just buy from sellers on here!

Jamie
Sorry to hear that Jamie, feel bad now- I hope you get your item ok, he may turn out to be genuine

At lease you should be able to get your money back if it does turn sour- let us know how you get on mate

ive only bought from a few guys on here so far but they've all been sound sellers and prices tend to be better too 8)

Jamieh72

Youngling
No worries mate, just as a brief update the two figures have been posted (allegedly) but still haven't turned up.
I have today surprise surprise been advised by ebay that the seller is no longer an ebay seller!
My two bids were just over a total of £300 one of the items being sold by the same seller was a Mercedes going for £2,500 i think someone is going to be more disappointed than me.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good luck with the refund Jamie, hopefully Ebay will sort this mess out now.

Jibbajabba

Padawan
Oh dear, doesn't sound too good mate but you never know! You should get your money back fairly easy I would think though so hopefully no damage done to you, sounds like eBay are already aware of potential issues

Jon

Jamieh72

Youngling
Afternoon all,

Much to my surprise the two figures turned up this afternoon Leia Boushh moc and AT-ST driver moc.
Really pleased as these are my first two vintage moc figures and the start of a new collection (my wife will be pleased).

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Cheers
Jamie

Jibbajabba

Padawan
Awesome mate, chuffed for ya 8)
Cheers for the update, glad to admit I was wrong on that one- sorry if I made you stress, the listings did look very suspect though in my defense

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great news that they arrived Jamie, those bids sure did look suspect but it all worked out in the end and the seller certainly had some big pieces they sold. Looks like someone ended up with a good deal on that Droids Boba, sometimes it seems it is worth the risk.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations on receiving the two MOC's, glad it all worked out ok.
You will always remember your first... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom