I'd like to say it's getting silly now, but too late

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Madness, the joy of collecting is becoming nothing more then a mad money making rip off scheme. :(

stormcab

Sith Lord
I think you need to separate collecting vintage into 2 categories. These one off or rare items are now in an investment category, where the rest of the stuff is poor man's category :lol:

Lindo

Sith Lord
People say he is flipping it for a ridiculous amount but we have to keep in mind that he hasn't sold it and won't for that price

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Lindo said:
People say he is flipping it for a ridiculous amount but we have to keep in mind that he hasn't sold it and won't for that price

Very true. :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
An incredible piece for sure but looking at his other listings everything is well over priced. I really hope he sells nothing as he obviously doesn't care anything about collectors other than what's in their wallets.

Have a great day Brian!

Ian

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
This isn't much better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Kenner-Original-Action-Figures-Boba-Fett-Others-/162422129282?hash=item25d11d0282:g:1OsAAOSw~AVYofUG

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Stormtrooper88 said:
I guess this is a stupid question, but why is it on a Walrus man card?

Not stupid at all. There are a couple of other things you should ask as well.

Why is a ROTJ figure on an esb card
Why does bib have a white cape.

It is a preproduction sample. I imagine the bib is a first shot figure, or maybe even a hard copy, I'm not sure. Both are stages in the figures life before it goes into production. The cape and weapon will also be prototypes.

So Kenner had made this guy as a precursor to the bib fortuna figure being released. At this stage different colours and materials are tried out. Another part of the marketing stage would be to card the figure to see how it looks in the bubble, wether the fit is good etc etc but at that stage the bib card would have still been in the early design stages. So they used what they had, i.e. A cardback already produced to see what the figure and bubble might look like on a card.

It's a very cool piece, being sold at a stinging premium. A very small part of the bib fortuna figures story from concept to final piece.

If Oliver sudweeks is reading this, perhaps he will share a picture of his leia poncho which will give you a bit of a feel for other figures like this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom