Possible Collection Bargains, Burton-on-Trent

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My bad - honestly thought posting about live auctions was still frowned upon, just checked the rules and it is indeed just recently ended.
Still think I would have got that boxed Falcon for £12.50 if it hadn't been highlighted here :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I personally think the rule is a waste of time. Some you win,some you lose-people just need to deal with it. Too many think they have a god given right to own what they see, and im afraid it doesnt work like that. I can more or less guarantee that 99.9% of collectors have backdoored someone before, and will do in future.

Joe

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
I can more or less guarantee that 99.9% of collectors have backdoored someone before, and will do in future.

People backdoor all the time but saying almost everyone backdoors on ebay or other places is just wrong. I never have and never will and tbh I think that those that do are no better than the blarc's of our hobby. TBH I'd rather go without an item I missed out on than backdoor someone because it would instantly bring me down to that kind of level. I'm sure SWF is full of people that feel the same way as me too.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
100% agree
I want every item in my collection to have a happy or positive memory associated to it - either from my childhood collection or from buying from someone nice or at least having a bit of interaction with the person. If I shafted someone to get something it wouldn't sit well in my collection. If the item doesn't make you smile when you look at it then it's pointless owning it.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Never backdoored anyone and never will. As far as I'm concerned as soon as an item has ended or listed as pending or sold then it's gone. I've missed the chance and just start looking for another one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom