Another Palitoy Vinyl cape Jawa?

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Just did the usual Palitoy Star Wars search on Ebay, what should pop up but another Palitoy Vinyl cape Jawa. When I clicked on it I got the old 'ended due to error in listing' message. Curious what others think, fake? Stolen photos? Starting bid of £100, very little information in listing.

I would post a link but still not sure how, but if you check completed listings for Palitoy Jawa it'll pop up. If it's a fake it's worryingly good.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well it sure looks to be real -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Palitoy-Jawa-1977-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-Action-Figure-/271842345914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4b1103ba&nma=true&si=L2CqLXZcpmh%252BCaXT1V86bWAjSGk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thing is it's back up but the pictures look to be cropped now?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Jawa-1977-Kenner-Ultra-Rare-Vintage-Action-Figure-/271842395907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4b11c703

Something seems funny about this, anybody else think so?

Hang on, just noticed the one for sale is Kenner but doesn't the bubble look to be the same as the Palitoy one (where the dents are I mean)?

Ian

ollie

Padawan
I've just asked for more info on it.

Told him that if I'm going to pay 5 figures for a figure I need to know more about it, that should get their attention.

Lets see what they say, I'm betting nothing :)

monkeyboy

Padawan
Heard of this before a few times, you get pictures of a genuine... you receive a repro (in the hope that it's a noob that's thinks they've struck it lucky (so no refund sought))

ollie

Padawan
I stand humbled and corrected. Guys I fear we have been too rash in instantly dismissing this as a scam. I have received the following from Scarlet:

Im a model I also love sci fi I'm pretty well known..and for my charity work for the fox project uk and the Lancashire air ambulance sometimes organising charity auction nights etc...rich gentlemen often give me things to sell...either I put them on ebay or sell them at the auction nights
Regards Scarlett

So there we have it, not only is it a genuine sale but the money could be going to a good cause (that bit isn't as clear as I'd like it to be) Happy bidding one and all! ;)

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
This lady?...https://purpleport.com/portfolio/scarlettfox/ ...Dayum!

Attachments

• Sfoxy.jpg
    Sfoxy.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 660

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Well that's put my mind at rest. Ebay never ceases to amaze me. "Rich gentlemen often give me things to sell". Yeah, I bet they do....... :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom