Is it fake ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys did any of you see this acbar for sale a few months ago, what do you think is it a production error or fake ? :?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-LILI-LEDY-ADMIRAL-ACKBAR-COMPLETE-ORANGE-HAND-VARIANT-/132300763929?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=gvNlyL5plw%252BhFU7i9XE%252FKTZr3CM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's hard to say, but my best guess / opinion is that it's probably real and not fake. Whether it's a legit variation or just due to discolouration of either the paint or plastic beneath the paint, is difficult to say. However, if there was a running change in the colour of paint used for the arms, I suppose it's possible a similar situation to the HK COO Klaatus may have arisen where both shades of red colour arms were available simultaneously for a time during production, leading to the possibility of a 'mixed arms' variant being made. Who knows? It's an interesting figure regardless :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
It's hard to say, but my best guess / opinion is that it's probably real and not fake. Whether it's a legit variation or just due to discolouration of either the paint or plastic beneath the paint, is difficult to say. However, if there was a running change in the colour of paint used for the arms, I suppose it's possible a similar situation to the HK COO Klaatus may have arisen where both shades of red colour arms were available simultaneously for a time during production, leading to the possibility of a 'mixed arms' variant being made. Who knows? It's an interesting figure regardless :)

I have never seen an ackbar before with 2 different arms so I thought maybe it was fake. But then again we see something all the time that we have not seen before :lol: I just thought maybe others have seen such a variant before if it is real then there must me more of them ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

I have never seen an ackbar before with 2 different arms so I thought maybe it was fake. But then again we see something all the time that we have not seen before :lol: I just thought maybe others have seen such a variant before if it is real then there must me more of them ? :?
If it is a real variant, hopefully someone out there reading this thread might also own one and can confirm it? :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

If it is a real variant, hopefully someone out there reading this thread might also own one and can confirm it? :)

I agree, when I found in a childhood lot an emperor with 2 left legs or was it 2 right legs :? then a few other members could confirm that the error was real and that they have seen it before. But never heard about the ackbar with 2 different arms :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom