Are the 24 Vectis Palitoy DSC trickling out now.

Richard_H

Grand Master
If these are indeed the DSCs from Vectis then the person who told me they had them clearly hasn't. And it certainly looks like they are them.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Yep and another AFA 80, which is quite shockingly low as they were all case fresh. I was one of 20 who set up a syndicate bid on here, but quite glad we didn't win as it would have proved difficult to split them up. I rather naively assumed we would get at least 20 AFA 85's out of it!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
If these are indeed the DSCs from Vectis then the person who told me they had them clearly hasn't. And it certainly looks like they are them.

There's a few bullshitters out there for sure.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Yep and another AFA 80, which is quite shockingly low as they were all case fresh. I was one of 20 who set up a syndicate bid on here, but quite glad we didn't win as it would have proved difficult to split them up. I rather naively assumed we would get at least 20 equivalent AFA 85's out of it!

Joe

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
Richard_H said:

There's a few bullshitters out there for sure.

Hahaha, someone is going around telling people they won big money auctions eh?? That's too funny. :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Only thing I can't think is the wavy cardbacks cost them. The bullshit thing is that these could have been flattened prior to grading with heavy books but I guess with afa having a huge waiting time and having 12 bags tied up in this lot, time was of the essence.

I said all along I didn't think this was a good lot for flipping. So knowing they have 20+ to dump, if you want to buy one do you wait till later or gamble now? There will not be many people who know they have so many.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
Only thing I can't think is the wavy cardbacks cost them. The bullshit thing is that these could have been flattened prior to grading with heavy books but I guess with afa having a huge waiting time and having 12 bags tied up in this lot, time was of the essence.

I said all along I didn't think this was a good lot for flipping. So knowing they have 20+ to dump, if you want to buy one do you wait till later or gamble now? There will not be many people who know they have so many.

All true, Ben. However, I'd wait. Anyone doing a little market research on sold prices on eBay will quickly see they have (as least had) a fair stock of them. I'd wait for another 5 or 6 to go before having a little bid. That said, this chap needs to market these via a different route as he's quickly increased supply by 100s of percent in the last 2 months. I think he's be wise to send a few to auction....like back to Vectis for a start.

And without being too much of a sore loser, I'm really quite pleased this hasn't worked out too well for them. Perhaps it will discourage them and others in the future and our little syndicate (without the gob who couldn't keep the details to himself and leaked it to the (possible although not confirmed) bullshiter who claims to have won (it's a whole circus of clowns!!)) can have another crack. Not sure there are any more 12 back cases from the source to go as we saw a case of 12 backs, then two consecutive cases of 20 backs. Funny thing is, if there IS another case of 12 backs they may well be Jawas as the DSCs were one of the last 3 12s to be released and then 20s came after the 12s. Just thinking if the seller bought a few cases in a short time period if could be this transition period. With the recent price of Palitoy Jawas it would be nice to see 24 case fresh examples come to the market to restore some sanity. Of course, they could be Tuskens....

stormcab

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
I bought one a few weeks ago around that mark , definitely glad we missed out on them last year !!! :D :D

Innit. Someone has done the job of selecting the 80 grades for us lol. I've been tempted myself. There's an 85 for £800. That would have been snapped up FAST not long ago.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
stormcab said:
steve obi wan said:
I bought one a few weeks ago around that mark , definitely glad we missed out on them last year !!! :D :D

Innit. Someone has done the job of selecting the 80 grades for us lol. I've been tempted myself. There's an 85 for £800. That would have been snapped up FAST not long ago.

Yeah, absolutely. I wouldn't say these have held their value at all, rather they've dropped by a good 30%. Should the Luke X-Wing 20 backs start appearing on the market I'd expect a similar result. Probably not as bad as he's such a popular character.

It's utterly mind boggling that now the easiest Palitoy cardback to find a DSC on is a 12 back!

stormcab

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
stormcab said:
steve obi wan said:

Yeah, absolutely. I wouldn't say these have held their value at all, rather they've dropped by a good 30%. Should the Luke X-Wing 20 backs start appearing on the market I'd expect a similar result. Probably not as bad as he's such a popular character.

It's utterly mind boggling that now the easiest Palitoy cardback to find a DSC on is a 12 back!

I hope so, as I'm desperate for one of those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom